test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mod 16 Guilds

taugnedtaugned Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 11 Arc User
Hi devs,
it looks you are trying to get new players. But why you force new players to join old guilds. Guild boons are overpowered and with KTeam they are even more than overpowered. And why guide Masterwork behind Guildlevel?
No new guild will start that grinding on outdated Mods to get all guild boons.
At the moment you force players to join "old" high level guilds to reach the endgame. This will make the game dead sooner or later.
Just my 2 p

Comments

• pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    People come and go in any MMO. Plenty of 20LV guilds that are half full. My guild regularly clears the roles of inactive players all the time. Are you complaining because you want to own a guild or be a high ranking officer? What other reason to want to build one from scratch, its thankless grinding.
  • taugnedtaugned Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 11 Arc User

People come and go in any MMO. Plenty of 20LV guilds that are half full. My guild regularly clears the roles of inactive players all the time. Are you complaining because you want to own a guild or be a high ranking officer? What other reason to want to build one from scratch, its thankless grinding.

You miss the point. No player wants to be forced to join XY old guild only because of boons. You join a guild because you want to play with the people in that guild and not because of ... guild is having better boons.........
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    No. Pretty sure people leave guilds for higher ranking guilds for the boons.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • jmiller84jmiller84 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 188 Arc User
    My guild doesn't invite players that want to join "because of boons". We stress participation over just about everything. Generally you find out pretty quickly who is there for boons and who is there to play with the guild.
    HR: Vretzen
    GWF: Vretzina
    OP: Vee
    DC: Evee
    CW: nezterV

Leader - Valaraukari Ascension
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    there are plenty of good guilds with good people to play with that also have good boons. if you're turning ppl away because they want boons then you're missing out not them. lol they'll do just fine elsewhere and still be able to find runs
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    greywynd said:

No. Pretty sure people leave guilds for higher ranking guilds for the boons.

Maybe sometimes. I left the first one I was in because the Guild Master behaved like a juvenile dufus.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    I see it all the time. My guild is in the Will of Oblivion alliance. Can't tell you how many times I've been asked to give someone a berth, only to have them, sometimes within hours, leave and then be in one of the other, higher ranking guilds. I have had long standing members pull out a character to join a higher ranking guild just for the boons. Then they pull out a second because that character "has to have those boons, too". And then I usually finish the housekeeping by kicking out the few remaining characters that that person has that never see play and never contribute to the guild.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    That is just bad alliance management. My alliance does not allow guild jumping like that. no guild in the alliance will purposely recruit any other alliance member without first discussing it with the leaders of the guild in question.

My previous alliance did have some jumping but it was under the impression that any guild stuff would be donated back to your original guild instead. Even still that was not a thing that occurred regularly anyways.