test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Valueless Loot

Hey guys been playing neverwinter along time and i'm at the point now were the game is no longer worth playing or fun because of these reasons. Me and other players have lost interest in running dungeons lately because loot for shard of orcus use to be around 300k ad now you can buy a legendary for 75k so that makes cn pointless running now onto ues the price dropped from 700k down to 75k making tong pointless grinding and loot not valuable and interesting anymore the days were good when you would get a shard or ues and was like omg i got one lets try get another not anymore the ad has been nerfed though the 100k per character a day is completely fine please fix the end game dungeon loot by removing end game dungeon loot from lootboxes and make it lootbox only loot not dungeon loot

Comments

• xcylar#0919 xcylar Member Posts: 2 New User
    Couldn't agree more with this
  • xcylar#0919 xcylar Member Posts: 2 New User
    Remove reroll on chests too its destroyed ah prices
  • froger#9967 froger Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    I have to think the drop in pricing is temporary as people use up the thousands of reroll tokens they have left over (I probably have 7k on my toons). Once they become scarce I would hope to see pricing rise. But for now it makes it cheap to upgrade stuff.
    Froger - Barbarian - Original Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Jade - Cleric - Healer Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Magnus - Fighter - 3rd main to be a tank - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Loverboy - Ranger - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Nomnomnommm - Wizard - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    I Am The Wall - Paladin - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    Xeros - Rogue - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    RIP bad name - Warlock - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Bardholomew - Bard - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Sirona - Cleric - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone

Jade - DC - Shadows of Gauntlgrym - PC
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    Yes, the prices on UES dropped because of rerolls but it doesn't bother me. Right now people have tons of reroll tokens. Eventually those will run out.

And UES haven't been 700k since they first started dropped so let's not exaggerate. The most recent average price of a UES was around 130-145k. So it's lost half of its value for now. You can't compare day 1 UES prices, when no one is getting them, to the stabilized pricing after they've dropped for a few months.

Again, doesn't bother me. Some other item(s) will step into the void (and one item already has).
  • mrimsogoodmrimsogood Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    You do know this is their way making it hard to earn AD ingame.
  • mini#7765 mini Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    i do understand that but it was more fun and satisfying to get ues or shards of orcus' wand out of dungeon chests, it just doesn't have the same effect when you reroll getting it our get it out of a lockbox
  • johonxgaltjohonxgalt Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    I dont see prices recovering any time soon. This seems an attempt to allow more people to end gear their toons and work on R14 enchants. Keeping the price of UES down lets them sell more coal wards.

As far as the reroll tokens running out, I dont see that happening any time soon at all. More people will continue to get to end game to use up their backlog and current players getting 21 a week on each toon will ensure they are plentiful for a long long time.
  • cptsternn#2510 cptsternn Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    The AD price drop is a good thing. These changes are to fight in-game inflation. AD costs have exploded and makes leveling up and getting quality gear very expensive.
  • sumplkrum#5169 sumplkrum Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    ... and with AH prices for good gear dropping, it's easier to equip your Alts with good stuff — which means more alts can farm dungeons and use more rerolls on chests. ... which means gear gets easier to get for more characters. Even if you happened to use up all the rerolls on your main.
    once you get to about rank 10 enchants, it gets a lot harder to upgrade your enchants because the price for ues have went below the price for smops, and i don't think smops can drop out of dungeons so the only place to get them is from lockboxes and wondrous bizarre and even then, if you get it out of the wondrous bizarre, you are still gonna probably pay more than on AH
  • silvershard#4275 silvershard Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    mini#7765 said:

Hey guys been playing neverwinter along time and i'm at the point now were the game is no longer worth playing or fun because of these reasons. Me and other players have lost interest in running dungeons lately because loot for shard of orcus use to be around 300k ad now you can buy a legendary for 75k so that makes cn pointless running now onto ues the price dropped from 700k down to 75k making tong pointless grinding and loot not valuable and interesting anymore the days were good when you would get a shard or ues and was like omg i got one lets try get another not anymore the ad has been nerfed though the 100k per character a day is completely fine please fix the end game dungeon loot by removing end game dungeon loot from lootboxes and make it lootbox only loot not dungeon loot

I'm completely the other way round.
    100k per player has slashed my income. I can hit that far too easily for it to constitute a "challenge".
    And the good stuff being cheaper because of it dropping from lock boxes is one of the ways I look to bump my long term financial stability.
    If you have the money, buy up a few of those Orcus Wands.
    When they stop dropping from people who still use Reborn boxes, the price will rise.
    It's not an instant return, but I and a few others are currently seeing a big return on investment when Soul Sight Crystals were 10 a penny. They are currently more than twice what I paid for them and will only rise in price. (One of my alts has a Runic Bag full of Purples. They either dropped from boxes or were dirt cheap on the AH.)

Of course, they may well render the Orcus stuff obsolete with a new Artifact set, but while its still sought after it will be worth holding on to a few. Also, that "Reborn" lock box may become the new "Glorious Resurgence" equivalent, (I hope not but...) so there is a risk involved, but that's the risk you take for high rewards.

The initial high value of UES was always going to drop. As more people gain access to the source, more rewards will drop. It's the same with everything that's new and desirable. I still get far more UES from TONG than I do from Lockboxes. And I think 700k is waaay over their relative value in-game.
    It's the way people choose to sell them that has driven the price down, "Oh, I must sell mine NOW so I have to undercut that price by 10%" which causes others to do the same.
    Even on bulk lots. One lot of 10 is listed at, (for example) 1million, someone looks at the fact its top of the "Buy It Now" list and feels the need to undercut that price, so posts 1 at 95'000 cos "must sell NOOOOW!!!". It never enters their head that not everyone will be in a position to buy ten, and that a person looking for just ONE will happily pay 120'000.

And that is because Neverwinter operates a free market economy where the vast majority of people don't understand free market economics. That's fine by me, I'll buy their stuff and either use it or sell it back when the price goes back up.

It can also be "fun" to find ways to play the system to your own benefit. Try it, it might not work for you, but then again, it might. Looking for things that you will be able to flip for big returns down the line can be more fun than flipping something you just found in a chest.
    people have came up with really good points, to be honest, it is starting to change my mind lol, it is really easy to hit the cap, the only thing i don't like is that it is a little harder to make some money off of the ues that drop from t9 and CoDG, there are still plenty of ways to make the money that is needed, and with the new update, you can get higher rank stuff such as ues and be able to sell them pretty fast because they are in high demand, so it is really changing my mind pretty fast, the longer i think about it lol
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

mini#7765 said:

I'm completely the other way round.
    100k per player has slashed my income. I can hit that far too easily for it to constitute a "challenge".
    And the good stuff being cheaper because of it dropping from lock boxes is one of the ways I look to bump my long term financial stability.
    If you have the money, buy up a few of those Orcus Wands.
    When they stop dropping from people who still use Reborn boxes, the price will rise.
    It's not an instant return, but I and a few others are currently seeing a big return on investment when Soul Sight Crystals were 10 a penny. They are currently more than twice what I paid for them and will only rise in price. (One of my alts has a Runic Bag full of Purples. They either dropped from boxes or were dirt cheap on the AH.)

Of course, they may well render the Orcus stuff obsolete with a new Artifact set, but while its still sought after it will be worth holding on to a few. Also, that "Reborn" lock box may become the new "Glorious Resurgence" equivalent, (I hope not but...) so there is a risk involved, but that's the risk you take for high rewards.

The initial high value of UES was always going to drop. As more people gain access to the source, more rewards will drop. It's the same with everything that's new and desirable. I still get far more UES from TONG than I do from Lockboxes. And I think 700k is waaay over their relative value in-game.
    It's the way people choose to sell them that has driven the price down, "Oh, I must sell mine NOW so I have to undercut that price by 10%" which causes others to do the same.
    Even on bulk lots. One lot of 10 is listed at, (for example) 1million, someone looks at the fact its top of the "Buy It Now" list and feels the need to undercut that price, so posts 1 at 95'000 cos "must sell NOOOOW!!!". It never enters their head that not everyone will be in a position to buy ten, and that a person looking for just ONE will happily pay 120'000.

And that is because Neverwinter operates a free market economy where the vast majority of people don't understand free market economics. That's fine by me, I'll buy their stuff and either use it or sell it back when the price goes back up.

It can also be "fun" to find ways to play the system to your own benefit. Try it, it might not work for you, but then again, it might. Looking for things that you will be able to flip for big returns down the line can be more fun than flipping something you just found in a chest.
    I think the reborn is the equivalent of the glorious but they changed the stuff in the glorious with each new lock box so I doubt it would remain the orcus shard you'd get next time. I've hoarded 15 or 2o of them. I strongly suspect they're about to make the orcus set obsolete though. lol. when I sell I don't look at the bulk prices as a guide I look at the single items as my guide. I always manage to sell at a better prices than the big lots posted. People aren't smart about economics it seems like. also when you've got something that has great demand just wait a little. the cheap stuff will sell out and you'll get a better price. I'm not sure why people are so impatient in this game.
    I have a large stock of things that I buy when they're cheap and hang on to til prices look nice. you can get burned though. there is always risk. nearly happened to me with the bloodied comp packs. I knew prices were going to drop but I didn't realize the mastercraft stuff was the main driver of that. lol. oops. I still didn't actually lose ad though. I just had to hustle to get rid of it fast when i realized what was in the pipeline. I traded most of mine for obsidian/samachan jute/red bark did ok. the obsidian alone was a seriouss profit. samachan has lost value from the prices I traded at but waiting waiting..
  • ninjanyconinjanyco Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    @bobo i agree across my 31 toons i only run dungeons on 2 and its either or pre mod 100k limit i used to enjoy running each class of character through dungeons and skirmishes but since the change it feels like there is no point ie its doesn't feel satisfying to run queues anymore
  • mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    bobo#5090 said:

I run the qs only for rad, and even then I have gotten to a point that I won't even run raq anymore(I only got CODG unlocked last week, and have yet to complete it even oncce) cuz half the time the rq group won't listen in MSP when I say "don't open portals", or we have at least one or 2 people that aren't geared enough for FBI, or MSP, that they quit out, or get voted out, and then everyone else leaves once penalty is gone so I've wasted 15min for nothing and have to start again. Also, I can make as much rad or more with a few demo/edemo in the same amount of time it takes to run one successful FBI/MSP from start to finish.

It would be nice if they could set up the rewards for the rqs such that i can get the resources I need for restoring sunset weapons, or vivifying primal armor, or give me gmops etc.. in place of the rubbish outdated gear that I can no longer salvage. At least with salvage that gear had a use. Right now it becomes refinement points, and I have nearly 2 million right now so why bother.

There's a high likelihood that by, lets say... June 14th... that you will be grinding your teeth desperate for more RP.
    Unless you are either happy with L70 gear, or happy with purple L80 gear, you'll need LOTS of RP to get everything you might want refined up there. (Oh and LOTS of refining stones as well...)

All my toons have over 1 million RP, some considerably more, and I'm going to spend as much spare time as I have grabbing as much as I can get before Mod 16 lands. Sure, there is a lot available at the start of Mod 16... but you will need a helluva lot to get your shiny new L80 gear/artifacts into Legendary and Mythic.

There's also the small matter of Enchantments having an increased level. So if you have them anywhere near max you will probably want to look at hoofing some of those up a notch or two, also.

• mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

Remove reroll on chests too its destroyed ah prices

Rerolls are like key gate; players use to not use keys to get the award they wanted. This allowed players to rerun CN over and over and over until they got a shard which would than be sold for millions. The problem with key gate was not everyone knew about it and it caused a rift in the community. With reroll it is there and IMO is good for the game. When I reroll I focus not on the loot but on the AD I'm awarded; the loot is just well worthless and has been since mod 14.

Devs need to revamp LB and loot awards in this game.
    bobo#5090 said:

They need to fix legendary +5 rings to have higher IL, and similar stats as the primals. I have probably half of the available Underdark +5 rings, and they are all worthless cuz they took salvage out. At 300rp each they aren't worth being awarded(I have more RP than I can shake a 3 peckered billy goat at). Some of them could be useful(especially ones with 2 off, or 2 def slots), but at IL 609 in mod 16 they won't be worth using because it brings yer IL down. And since IL is the name of the game if you wanna play in a decent group when forced to group...

I mean they're legendary +5 rings, the only thing legendary about them is the fact that they are worthless IMHO...

No they don't need to fix anything because it's not broken. The gear is outdated. No reason for them to scale it up because it's given out in older content. Throw it in a coffer for GM. Sell it for gold. Or reroll and don't take it.
    Read the use of the word outdated. You have some silly notion that 3 year old rings should still be relevant. I don't agree that things should just be made better because "no other reason but it was orange 3 years ago".

If you want to log a complaint then the argument should be the constant addition of new gear.

You know what would make sense? Instead of a constant influx of new gear (that is at times worse than the last mods gear), keep gear choices to a minimum but allow them to be upgraded through the use of professions.

Instead we get outdated rings that people seem to think should be on par with latest gear and a professions system that has limited usage.

Then farm the newer legendary rings. Asking for 3 year old rings to be updated just cause is the epitome of asking for handouts. Then in another year you'll be back asking for those legendary rings to be updated again to match the latest crop of stuff. Or is that work too?
  • littledanger#4115 littledanger Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    bobo#5090 said:

When I open 3 Fane boxes, and get only 1 +3 ring, yeah too much like work, especially when I can only do Fane once per week, have to horde boxes to increase odds of good drop, and I need a 2nd corpse to go thru to make it go relatively fast. Yes I can solo it, but it goes 3x faster with at least one other corpse.

I'll just wait for new mod on console, I got good drops on all but one of the quest expeditions when I found all 9 relics on pc...

Pfft, that's nothing. I've ran Fane weekly on 5 toons since the mod dropped and just recently got my first +5. How many completions is that, 200? I do agree loot drops and overall RNG sucks - it always has.
  • mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User

bobo#5090 said:

When I open 3 Fane boxes, and get only 1 +3 ring, yeah too much like work, especially when I can only do Fane once per week, have to horde boxes to increase odds of good drop, and I need a 2nd corpse to go thru to make it go relatively fast. Yes I can solo it, but it goes 3x faster with at least one other corpse.

I'll just wait for new mod on console, I got good drops on all but one of the quest expeditions when I found all 9 relics on pc...

Pfft, that's nothing. I've ran Fane weekly on 5 toons since the mod dropped and just recently got my first +5. How many completions is that, 200? I do agree loot drops and overall RNG sucks - it always has.
    Nice work!
    My X Box keeps taking the HAMSTER. When I turn it on, it keeps telling me that I have a close accomplishment: To collect all the +5 Chult Rings.
    I've never got ONE... The only one I still make an effort for is Fane.
    I've stopped doing it on a Monday morning though, it was making me too depressed for the rest of the week to start it out with a pile of +2 and +3 rings...