test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

State of the Game Stream - February 25

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
Greetings Adventurers!

On Monday, February 25 1:30-2:30pm PT (when is this for me?), we will be doing a special edition of the Driftwood Tavern Presents with a State of the Game Livestream. Joining me will be Lead Designer Thomas Foss to discuss the past year, the present state of the game, and what the future may bring in terms of game content and development. We will be taking questions from those in Twitch chat during the stream.

As Lead Designer, Thomas has a broader/high level view of the development of Neverwinter. With the recent announcement of Undermountain, we understand that players will have more specific or nuanced questions regarding to systems so, in order to better address these, we will be hosting separate Systems Q&A events in the future. Please stay tuned for additional details regarding future events!

Comments

• arod7932arod7932 Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    I'll tune in to the stream, just please refrain from trailing off-topic like usual. This is an important time for the game.
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    The game is going to be radically different with the Mod 16 changes, anything they have to say about it "now" seems irrelevant.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    @nitocris83 is it possible to ask if the mod 16 leveling up experience will be like mod 6 elemental evil released? did the team had some input on how bad the leveling up was bad back then to not make it happen again? ty
  • syndicatearcsyndicatearc Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Of my 48 characters this deeply impacts many of them.

I have a character named the flash that won’t be able to zoom across the battlefield after +movement is removed. I have spent years collecting the +movement companions, gems, and equipment.

In mod 16, i will load her up and she will not be worthy of her name. She will have gained some other buff.

Any chance we can get some rename tokens, zen, or other form of swapping out stuff that changed?

At this point, I’d take a wishing well that you toss items & companions in and get a random one of the same item level.

Also, something to think about for the next time a class drops. A few of us maxed our character spots to use all the powers on at least one character. We will need more.
  • lordwinoslordwinos Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    yeah, I agree the professions change was and is inane..5million to get the top tier and for what the equipment you can make isn't up to what you can get playing. I hope they allow trading of enchantments it's taken us lots of time and effort/money that will become useless after the nerf. I'm not optimistic about this just because of the Professions Changes that SUCK
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    lordwinos said:

yeah, I agree the professions change was and is inane..5million to get the top tier and for what the equipment you can make isn't up to what you can get playing. I hope they allow trading of enchantments it's taken us lots of time and effort/money that will become useless after the nerf. I'm not optimistic about this just because of the Professions Changes that SUCK

The difficulty of getting a level 4 workshop is frequently exaggerated; you don't need to throw a single AD at it unless you must have it immediately, in which case you pay a premium, as with anything else.

I'm waiting to announce that the sky is falling regarding enchantments until they disclose how they're changing existing gear and enchants that currently include Recovery and Life Steal.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    With the added stats, I'm sure recovery and lifesteal will change to those and that they will be needed for new content anyways. I'm sure we will only have to trade a few enchants here and there in which case there are plenty of players to trade with and at most we will just lose any listing costs.
  • soythesauce#5192 soythesauce Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    I dont get why peeps are dissing acc/crit res so much.
    It will be needed for every dd to overcome the deflection from movs and bosses.

Or maybe people just like doing half the dmg or like a critical spanking
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    What will become of the POWER meta...? Will groups still need 200,000 to down endgame bosses safely...?
  • spidey#3367 spidey Member Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    ghoulz66 said:

What will become of the POWER meta...? Will groups still need 200,000 to down endgame bosses safely...?

Was never needed.

Spidey
    ghoulz66 said:

As spidey said, this was never necessary. Makes it faster, but not necessary.

However, on a related note, I do wonder if they finally tackled the multiplicative buffing issue in some way.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    @nitocris83
    @pitmonster#5684

AS others have mentioned, many of us, the chief concern is our enchants, it takes a vast amount of time to grind those.. if we have to start over, I think Im kaput , I just came back after a year off and earned like 50 million in 5 months by vast amounts of grinding .. If I have to re-start over.. I just dont think I have the energy in me.

Please make it so higher ranks can be exchanged.. this would solve many of our fears over this new mod.

Pit, I tagged you into this as well, you may want to give feedback here on it. I know many of us have stated it a few times, but we want to make sure its heard loud and clear.

MOD 16 needs to have a enchant exchange system...
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    vorphied said:

ghoulz66 said:

As spidey said, this was never necessary. Makes it faster, but not necessary.

However, on a related note, I do wonder if they finally tackled the multiplicative buffing issue in some way.
    Was never needed.

Sure, ok, complete CR where no one can go above 60k power, see how long you last...
    > @ghoulz66 said:
    > What will become of the POWER meta...? Will groups still need 200,000 to down endgame bosses safely...?
    >
    > As spidey said, this was never necessary. Makes it faster, but not necessary.
    >
    > However, on a related note, I do wonder if they finally tackled the multiplicative buffing issue in some way.
    >
    > Was never needed.
    >
    > Sure, ok, complete CR where no one can go above 60k power, see how long you last...

60k is not 200k. You’re exaggerating and deliberately ignoring the point that super-high Power isn’t a requirement to complete content.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

calculate how much power each piece of gear/enchant/runes will give if you use this new il formula 1 item level = 20 stats rating, example: shadowstalker +5 ring, 510 item level, its 510*20=10 200 points in stats rating, the ring only has power and arm pen stats ratings, so 10200/2= 5100, so the ring has +5100 power/+5100 armpen, while in mod 15 its has +543 power/+814 armpen, we wont be needing powershare on next module.
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    arcanjo86 said:

calculate how much power each piece of gear/enchant/runes will give if you use this new il formula 1 item level = 20 stats rating, example: shadowstalker +5 ring, 510 item level, its 510*20=10 200 points in stats rating, the ring only has power and arm pen stats ratings, so 10200/2= 5100, so the ring has +5100 power/+5100 armpen, while in mod 15 its has +543 power/+814 armpen, we wont be needing powershare on next module.

You have no proof that this ring will still be IL 510 next mod.

Besides, I believe it works the other way, the stats decide the IL.

But the stats will most likely change too.
  • soythesauce#5192 soythesauce Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    By any chance could we we a roadmap when which dev dev blog will be released.

I get with these major changes to not overload our minds.
    But still i want information and even if its just the information when i get information.
  • lordtweety#3604 lordtweety Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    arcanjo86 said:

That is a VERY optimistic way of looking at how things are going to be calculated....it's more likely to be the reverse, but even more likely that they will have new stat values and item level based on their new methodology, not based on what exists in game now.
    Main: Angels Scar
    Guild: Ruathym Corsairs
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    > @vorphied said:
    > > @ghoulz66 said:
    > > What will become of the POWER meta...? Will groups still need 200,000 to down endgame bosses safely...?
    > >
    > > As spidey said, this was never necessary. Makes it faster, but not necessary.
    > >
    > > However, on a related note, I do wonder if they finally tackled the multiplicative buffing issue in some way.
    > >
    > > Was never needed.
    > >
    > > Sure, ok, complete CR where no one can go above 60k power, see how long you last...
    >

@ghoulz66
    What do i get if i prove u wrong?
    artifleur said:

arcanjo86 said:

artifleur said:

arcanjo86 said:

that ring has 510 il in mod 15, but in mod 16 it will have same item level but the total number of stats will be higher do to the normalized il system were 1 item level will give to the gear 20 stats points(read the dev post again to this change), so 510 * 20 will give that ring 10200 total value of stats points, spliting to the 2 stats will give each 5100 power/5100 armpen. but once you level up to 80 all this gear will be outaded as we level up, because higher level + higher il gear will provide us with better stats quantity.

arcanjo86 said:

That is a VERY optimistic way of looking at how things are going to be calculated....it's more likely to be the reverse, but even more likely that they will have new stat values and item level based on their new methodology, not based on what exists in game now.
    it will be more like power = 60 % of the total value and 40% for armpen, because enemies now have counter stats, we will need more stats values and we will have mobs of level 80 or higher, according to devs post we will have mobs with around 16k stats ratings (subject to change according to post), basicly they will have 16k defense(we will need 16k armpen to ignore his defense stat), 16k deflect(we will need 16k accuracy to actualy allow us to hit them), 16k awareness(we will need 16k+ combat advantage to ignore that stats and deal additional damage), this is for their defensive stats, we still need to know which offensive stats they will have to work towards our defenses/survivability, theres so much stuff to play once it reeleases to preview.
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    I didn't get to watch the stream. Is it going to be put up/linked for view here later?
  • froger#9967 froger Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    Froger - Barbarian - Original Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Jade - Cleric - Healer Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Magnus - Fighter - 3rd main to be a tank - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Loverboy - Ranger - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Nomnomnommm - Wizard - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    I Am The Wall - Paladin - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    Xeros - Rogue - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    RIP bad name - Warlock - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Bardholomew - Bard - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Sirona - Cleric - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone

Jade - DC - Shadows of Gauntlgrym - PC
    Thanks for posting the link. I cringe that players keep throwing out the kinds of questions that they were told upfront would not be discussed during that particular stream, though.

Like most everyone else, I want all of my information, and I want it yesterday at the latest, but come on....
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    vorphied said:

Thanks for posting the link. I cringe that players keep throwing out the kinds of questions that they were told upfront would not be discussed during that particular stream, though.

Like most everyone else, I want all of my information, and I want it yesterday at the latest, but come on....
    even if they were told doesn't hurt to keep asking. drives home the point that they are addressing the wrong topic :)
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    Thank you.

I went to Twitch yesterday, did a search for Neverwinter, and all that turned up were player-made videos.
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    I really wish someone would think about publishing a synopsis of the "State of the Game" following the video for those of us who don’t really care to sit through all of the superfluous chit-chat and back and forth banter responding to viewer comments.

Anyway, just a thought ~
    DD~