What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Do you have any hopes for M16?

1235»

Comments

• markeen#2032 markeen Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    > @demonmonger said:
    > So the short answer is ... no
    > If you want to be part of tests put in lots of hours. Lots and lots of hours...

> @adinosii said:
    > How does one even get to be part....?
    >
    > Well, maybe some of the following would help.
    >
    > Have a proven track record of providing useful feedback on Preview.
    > Have a track record of providing useful information on the Arc, Reddit or Steam forums.
    > Have a track record of creating useful guides or videos.
    > In general, show an interest in making the game better - and that includes pointing out flaws and issues with the current design. The playtesters are not just "yes people".
    > Have years of experience with the game.
    > Do not have problems like supporting glitches or violating the ToS.

I’ve put so many hours into the game it’s embarrasing to admit. Only this past few months have I limited my time due to other games, real life, etc. I have a character for every class and they are all level capped.

I have a clean gaming record with Neverwinter. I strongly dislike when players exploit game bugs because it breaks the game, grants them unfair gains and creates toxicity. We ALL want the game to be better. I have not made any guides and the only streams I’ve done were unlisted on YT. I point out plenty of flaws and issues though. Especially for the PS4 platform. Not so much for PC. I don’t use Reddit and I don’t have Steam. I do play sometimes on Preview but because my PC toon is barely leveled I’ve not been very helpful there.

But, thank you for the replies. I just posted about the official trailer. So hopefully good things come from the new content. I really want a reason to play again and the state of the game currently isn’t giving me one. The majority of our alliance have all moved on to other games but I’d like Neverwinter to give us all a reason to want to play.
    Founder of Knights of Ra guild in Neverwinter PS4. Founder of The Arashikage Clan in Defiance, formally of PlayStation Home.
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    mushellka said:

artifleur said:

I could be completely wrong but I believe they've only invited the people who took part in the mod 9 beta test (they even have a special tag on the forums).

Unfortunately not. People, who tend to criticize devs "products" were skipped in this test :)

I will continue to give no critical feedback. /s
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    artifleur said:

I could be completely wrong but I believe they've only invited the people who took part in the mod 9 beta test (they even have a special tag on the forums). This happened shortly before I started playing Neverwinter so I don't know how these people were selected in the first place.

I got an email that basically said, "Would you like to help with Mod 9?"
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    hxeny said:

no more hopes for mod16 or nw, since we see with tales of old how developers just changed event to a stupid pay to win for a small group of elites too, this show how worst neverwinter become with this developer team... maybe when module 16 fail cryptic will be forced to layoff some and game change this necro road to dead.

I'm sure mod 16 content will be ok but removal of recovery is definitely bad IMO. I know a full group of support player that plan to quit now. Good job devs.

My plans are easy, sell everying I have now and wait 2 mods and see if things get better and if not, buy items for my friends with all the AD I will have from selling over 100 R13+ enchantments.
  • agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    M16 could be a complete disaster, but it could be well managed as well. These people already talking about leaving, a few seconds after the trailer drops, jeez.
    Let's see how it goes on preview for us regular folks that weren't invited to the beta-test, try out stuff and see if it's worth discussing a leaving or not.

Jumping to conclusion a few seconds after an announcement before even knowing a fraction of the new content and before actual testing is a mistake.
  • eliasar#2396 eliasar Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    Just saw announcements and... well... I guess there are things that are quite unexpected... and with even a single mistake during their application to game it got potential to be an act of suicide for neverwinter. Now, hope is probably all we got. :D
  • mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    If the new overhaul allows for multiple builds to shine, allows greater diversity in player options and grants end game dungeon access to a wider base of players because the 2/2/1 meta is no longer mandatory, I don't give a HAMSTER how many people pack their bags and HAMSTER off due to the changes.

If the "I know some really really special, important people who all say they are going to quit if X, Y or Z is implemented, (but are too scared to come and say so themselves)" want sympathy, or the devs to go "Oh no... someone knows someone who might quit... best pull the plug on all that work..." then they might as well shut up.
    Or at least wait and see what the alternative is going to be.

It's always a friend of a friend who's quitting and never the poster themselves these days... probably because all those people who used to threaten to quit eventually realised that coming back and threatening to quit every few months was basically calling their own bluff. So now it's always "I know some people who..."

My TR stays alive based on Lifesteal and Recovery, and while my instinct is to go "Ohh no my TR will die and never be able to use his powers..." intellectually I have to stop and think, "Yeah... but they must have come up with something with which to replace it." So I wait... and if the change is good I say "Oh... that's good" and if it's bad I say "Oh... that's a bit HAMSTER..."

I think that the entire game moving away from the HAMSTER fest that was 4E D&D can only be a GOOD thing.
    I can now be a WIZARD... now just give me Fireball AND Lightning Bolt, like it says in the books, and we're cool.

On paper, all the rationales for why these things are happening seem legitimate. OK... maybe not a new level cap, don't see a particular need for that, but let's see what they have in store for it before condemning it.

• artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    I've just read all the dev blog posts and I must admit that I'm impressed. I wasn't expecting anything so ambitious.

It will be a completely different game so it could be better or worse but I've already seen several things I really like among the announced changes.

I'm only skeptical about the dev team's ability to complete and test so many changes and new stuff. They're basically remaking the whole game from scratch. I hope they hired a large new team to complete all this.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    they should fix TR stealth back so it doesnt reveal you in pvp...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    > @artifleur said:
    > I've just read all the dev blog posts and I must admit that I'm impressed. I wasn't expecting anything so ambitious.
    >
    > It will be a completely different game so it could be better or worse but I've already seen several things I really like among the announced changes.
    >
    > I'm only skeptical about the dev team's ability to complete and test so many changes and new stuff. They're basically remaking the whole game from scratch. I hope they hired a large new team to complete all this.

Well, it now seems even more obvious why the dev team seemed reluctant to spend time on non-critical Mod 15 fixes. In fact, I'm kind of wondering why they bothered doing any class adjustments at all unless it was just to tide players over and/or to implement some tweaks they already had sitting on the shelf and wanted to try out.

I'm excited by the possibilities with the new mod and am frankly ready for everything to blow up and get chaotic for a while. I'm not ready to march on Cryptic HQ for the loss of Recovery and Life Steal just yet, though. There are ways they can allow players to mitigate CDs and recover HP by dealing damage, but we simply won't have access to a raw stat that we can stack sky-high at will. Also, I'm curious to see how base encounter power CDs and/or effectiveness may have been adjusted to allow for the lack of Recovery stat.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• leonidrexleonidrex Member Posts: 401 Arc User

they should fix TR stealth back so it doesnt reveal you in pvp...

there is all class rebalance, new powers, new levels and new sets. Revealing from stealth shouldnt be at the top of the problems tbh ;p
  • theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    Look, they're releasing Neverwinter 2 and discontinuing Neverwinter 1, that's what's happening here. Is it a good thing, a bad thing? Who knows!

But it's DIFFERENT and that will at least be interesting.
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    adinosii said:

How does one even get to be part....?

Well, maybe some of the following would help.

Have a proven track record of providing useful feedback on Preview.

Have a track record of providing useful information on the Arc, Reddit or Steam forums.

Have a track record of creating useful guides or videos.

In general, show an interest in making the game better - and that includes pointing out flaws and issues with the current design. The playtesters are not just "yes people".

Have years of experience with the game.

Do not have problems like supporting glitches or violating the ToS.

In other words people that will give them feedback that they want to hear. Constructive criticism is not wanted they want to hear all is is great and that is all. Telling them they made a mistake when they did is frowned upon
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Yes let's pretend neverwinter online closed.. and we were all transferred to neverwinter 2.0 with our current items and levels plus stuff

That's the best way to move forward, at least for me.

They already told us how divinity and shields will work... I want to see how stealth works.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    mynaam said:

adinosii said:

Have a track record of providing useful information on the Arc, Reddit or Steam forums.

In general, show an interest in making the game better - and that includes pointing out flaws and issues with the current design. The playtesters are not just "yes people".

In other words people that will give them feedback that they want to hear. Constructive criticism is not wanted they want to hear all is is great and that is all. Telling them they made a mistake when they did is frowned upon
    I will continue to only give them the feedback they want to hear. /s
  • leonidrexleonidrex Member Posts: 401 Arc User

mynaam said:

adinosii said:

I will continue to only give them the feedback they want to hear. /s
    amen to that brother.
  • octonionsrule#4355 octonionsrule Member Posts: 13 Arc User

If the new overhaul allows for multiple builds to shine, allows greater diversity in player options and grants end game dungeon access to a wider base of players because the 2/2/1 meta is no longer mandatory, I don't give a HAMSTER how many people pack their bags and HAMSTER off due to the changes.

I fully agree with the above.

At the current time we do not know anything specific. However, the general direction seems to be promising.
    What I like best is that Cryptic is - obviously - aiming for an overhaul of the game engine that will allow them to introduce new (and more challenging) content via new modules, without having to tweak the engine every time. This instills some hope, that the game will be around for a rather long time.

Of course it all depends on the implementation (of which we know nothing atm) and how long it takes Cryptic to fix the bugs in the first release.

Just my two cents, but here is what I would like to see addressed in the mid and long term

1. Make it easy for new players to become endgame ready within reasonable time at (~3 months at 2-3 hours play time per day)
    Now it takes more than a year, even more so for casuals, unless you spend thousands of dollars ...

2. Make it more difficult for bots and leechers to earn AD, for instance by making different roles (healer, tank, dps) more meaningful (I guess this is what the devs want to achieve in mod 16, I really hope they are successful)
    Now almost every second demogorgon run has 2-5 characters that contribute nothing:
    - either very simple bots, that enter and stay at the rez-circle for the entire run, only hitting the space/esc key to skip cutscenes
    - or a player queuing for the run with multiple accounts switching between toons (only one toon active at a given time) or all toons moving/attacking simultaneously

Generally I think it is a VERY GOOD IDEA, despite some long term players moaning and thrashing that "all their hard work is lost", to level the field occasionally (via a new module or a level cap increase), so that new players have a better chance to catch up.

Good catch-up mechanics are vital for the long term success of any game, otherwise new players will simply leave as soon as they realize that catching up is hopeless, unless you have thousands of dollars in your wallet to spend on a game.

On the other hand, old players should get a head-start, so that not *all* of their "hard work" is lost. But we already have this:
    With the current enchantment system old players have a tremendous advantage, because they only need to upgrade their old bis-enchants by one rank, whereas new players must start at minimum rank. As long as the "old" enchantments can be upgraded (and similarly important for class-changes: transferred between characters or sold on the AH), I think it is perfectly OK to level the field as far as all other things (equipment, power points, and not to forget boons from outdated campaigns) are concerned.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

Having read the blog posts, my only concern is the killing of progression. Nerfing a max level character to the point that a level 12 dungeon is challenging is foolish.

Challenge belongs in end game, and if all the time, care & money people put into their characters means nothing in earlier content- why bother?

I could be wrong but I do not understand this to be the case. however I do fear that the current low il level 70's might have a very very challenging time of it.
  • wisper2048wisper2048 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    artifleur said:

I'm only skeptical about the dev team's ability to complete and test so many changes and new stuff. They're basically remaking the whole game from scratch. I hope they hired a large new team to complete all this.

Actually, devs are very diligent in testing. They have:
    1. Internal alpha/beta
    2. Preview beta
    3. And finally... Live beta, and this is when they discover most of the bugs