test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

enchanted key

hi, can anyone tell me it is possible to have some enchanted key on the server test ?, is there a way to take? Thanks

Answers

• frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    Unfortunately, no... Needs to be copied from live.
    FrozenFire
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    turionxx said:

hi, can anyone tell me it is possible to have some enchanted key on the server test ?, is there a way to take? Thanks

If you have some on the live server, you can repeatedly copy that character to the test server, and do it that way. But you have to have them on the live server first.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • pentagram#8962 pentagram Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Any chance the devs might add enchanted keys to preview some day, like they did with campaign completion tokens? Would be nice to sit down with a stats page a hypothesis log and work out exact probabilities of receiving each item out of the lockboxes.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

Any chance the devs might add enchanted keys to preview some day, like they did with campaign completion tokens? Would be nice to sit down with a stats page a hypothesis log and work out exact probabilities of receiving each item out of the lockboxes.

I doubt it, since it's easy enough to transfer them over from live.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
    > @kreatyve said:
    > Any chance the devs might add enchanted keys to preview some day, like they did with campaign completion tokens? Would be nice to sit down with a stats page a hypothesis log and work out exact probabilities of receiving each item out of the lockboxes.
    >
    > I doubt it, since it's easy enough to transfer them over from live.

Well that really isn't the point.
    Firstly, it isn't 'easy enough' at all. Besides the fact that the character transfer system probably took more effort to implement than just creating a vendor selling all game items in the first place; there's the issue of bound to character items, bound to account items and items that are only available on live through Zen etc etc. You also have to pay for enchanted keys on live, don't forget.
    If it were as simple as paying for a single key on live and having access to thousands on preview at the push of a button I wouldn't mind. But it isn't that simple. It wastes a significant portion of any serious play-tester's time sorting through items, finding places to store them and gathering sufficient quantities of basic items - like enchantments, keys, gear - just so that you have a character at high enough level and item level that can actually play-test the latest content. That effort is only for one class as well.
    Personally I've logged probably hundreds of hours just sorting out gear for multiple toons to just do basic PvP testing and gear for other people so they can assist in it.

Bottom line is if you think the current method of character copying is sufficient and 'easy enough' I'm sorry but you clearly don't actually do any real play-testing.

To be honest items are so low down on the priorities for preview compared with other fatally needed tools it's not even funny to have to lecture you on it.
    edited February 2019

> @kreatyve said:

> Any chance the devs might add enchanted keys to preview some day, like they did with campaign completion tokens? Would be nice to sit down with a stats page a hypothesis log and work out exact probabilities of receiving each item out of the lockboxes.

>

> I doubt it, since it's easy enough to transfer them over from live.

Well that really isn't the point.

Firstly, it isn't 'easy enough' at all. Besides the fact that the character transfer system probably took more effort to implement than just creating a vendor selling all game items in the first place; there's the issue of bound to character items, bound to account items and items that are only available on live through Zen etc etc. You also have to pay for enchanted keys on live, don't forget.

If it were as simple as paying for a single key on live and having access to thousands on preview at the push of a button I wouldn't mind. But it isn't that simple. It wastes a significant portion of any serious play-tester's time sorting through items, finding places to store them and gathering sufficient quantities of basic items - like enchantments, keys, gear - just so that you have a character at high enough level and item level that can actually play-test the latest content. That effort is only for one class as well.

Personally I've logged probably hundreds of hours just sorting out gear for multiple toons to just do basic PvP testing and gear for other people so they can assist in it.

Bottom line is if you think the current method of character copying is sufficient and 'easy enough' I'm sorry but you clearly don't actually do any real play-testing.

To be honest items are so low down on the priorities for preview compared with other fatally needed tools it's not even funny to have to lecture you on it.

Maybe I should say, it's probably a lot easier for people to copy the keys to preview than it would be for them to get them added in somewhere and make sure it works properly. I much rather they prioritize fixing bugs and creating content, and just leave well enough alone.
    kuI2v8l.png
    > @kreatyve said:
    > > @kreatyve
    > Maybe I should say, it's probably a lot easier for people to copy the keys to preview than it would be for them to get them added in somewhere and make sure it works properly. I much rather they prioritize fixing bugs and creating content, and just leave well enough alone.

I'm inclined to agree that there are other priorities. But I'm going to have to disagree with you again here on what those are.

Obviously fixing bugs is the purpose of the pts. How the developers go about utilising pts will determine how easy it is to fix those bugs.

Firstly, the in-game bug reporting system on preview doesn't work. If it did, including its supposed extra-functionality in providing game logs at the time of the bug report, that could be an extremely beneficial tool for quickly and efficiency finding what the problems are rather than extrapolating it from bug reports on the forums. (No matter how good the bug report, a log of the games errors and traces is going to make solving the issue easier.)

Which is why I would argue that actually providing the pts with some commands/tools either in game or externally (tools like live view of the log, damage output, statistical tables, damage multipliers affecting characters and bosses.) Should be a high priority.

Why bother implement this?
    Other than the obvious benefit to playtesters, it slices the time to fix by allowing players to isolate themselves parts of logs that are relevant to a bug. It allows for quick comparison between expected results of calculations (from various damage modifiers) and the results in game.

Point is the efficiency in reducing time to determine what causes the bugs I'm sure would more than make up for the time taken to implement the system.
    While I agree that preview could probably use more stuff to make testing easier, I don't consider keys to be a part of that.
    kuI2v8l.png
  • ibz4ez#9773 ibz4ez Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

While I agree that preview could probably use more stuff to make testing easier, I don't consider keys to be a part of that.

Legendary mounts are a pretty big part of endgame BiS class design. Without it how could one hope to test the difficulty of new content?
  • ibz4ez#9773 ibz4ez Member Posts: 117 Arc User

> @kreatyve said:

> > @kreatyve

> Maybe I should say, it's probably a lot easier for people to copy the keys to preview than it would be for them to get them added in somewhere and make sure it works properly. I much rather they prioritize fixing bugs and creating content, and just leave well enough alone.

I'm inclined to agree that there are other priorities. But I'm going to have to disagree with you again here on what those are.

Obviously fixing bugs is the purpose of the pts. How the developers go about utilising pts will determine how easy it is to fix those bugs.

Firstly, the in-game bug reporting system on preview doesn't work. If it did, including its supposed extra-functionality in providing game logs at the time of the bug report, that could be an extremely beneficial tool for quickly and efficiency finding what the problems are rather than extrapolating it from bug reports on the forums. (No matter how good the bug report, a log of the games errors and traces is going to make solving the issue easier.)

Which is why I would argue that actually providing the pts with some commands/tools either in game or externally (tools like live view of the log, damage output, statistical tables, damage multipliers affecting characters and bosses.) Should be a high priority.

Why bother implement this?

Other than the obvious benefit to playtesters, it slices the time to fix by allowing players to isolate themselves parts of logs that are relevant to a bug. It allows for quick comparison between expected results of calculations (from various damage modifiers) and the results in game.

Point is the efficiency in reducing time to determine what causes the bugs I'm sure would more than make up for the time taken to implement the system.

Agreed the pts desperately needs some additional tools in regards to statistics. Like what is the probability of a encounter power dealing the full damage? Is it normally distributed? Binomial? All of these help testers evaluate whether a class is performing as it should be.

kreatyve said:

Legendary mounts are a pretty big part of endgame BiS class design. Without it how could one hope to test the difficulty of new content?
    As mentioned - it's easy enough to get that stuff on preview without them adding keys. Plenty of people copy keys over there and put the mounts on the AH at reasonable prices (considering that it is preview, after all). I have given away legendary mounts over there, as have the devs when you get lucky enough to find one online and not busy.
    kuI2v8l.png