test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Legendary Tools and Shared Bank confusing message.

I just dropped a Legendary Picatrix from a lockbox on a character that doesn't need it. I tried to put it in the shared bank as a reflex, (I know...) and was met with the message "Double Click to deposit in bank".
Of course, I couldn't, but it seems a bit weird. The same message is on all tools when you view them through the bank deposit UI. (Even character bound ones...)

So, which bit of this is wrong?

Should I be able to deposit this item in the bank but for whatever reason it doesn't work, or is the message wrong?

It just seems weird that such a message would exist on items that can't be placed in the bank, even by accident. I mean, even at the most basic level of Tool Template in the game engine... someone would have had to put it there.

I hope it suggests an attempt to finally allow Professions to be shared via some means in the bank... (I will continue to hold this hope till it happens or you release another Acquisitions Inc mod and I finally go play something else.)

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    Profession items have to go through the mail system.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • silvershard#4275 silvershard Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    greywynd said:

Profession items have to go through the mail system.

Yes.
    I know.

My question is over why the assets in the inventory have a "Double click to deposit in bank" tool tip, when, as you point out, they CAN'T be deposited in the bank.

Is it for a future upgrade when we CAN use a version of the bank to share them, or did someone add that tool tip because they were drunk/confused etc.

If it's not meant to be there, it needs removing.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    The tooltip was most likely just copied over from PC. Just a typo.