test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lair of the Mad Dragon Bugs

dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
First, ty for bringing back our old dungeons in such a clever and re-playable way.
Brings back fond memories of early NW.
Good idea.

Disconnnected teammates cannot return to the dungeon.

There is no "private" or "Keep party together" option for LotMD.
If someone is disconnected accidentally they cannot return.
We did every conceivable trouble-shooting method for 20 min (relog,kick/inv, drop/inv). Nothing worked.
This happened more then once on different players/accounts.

Reinforcements cannot enter dungeon.
After our teammates were DCed/excluded/had to drop, the Q system eventually added a random 5th player to the party...
that is, their icon was in our party. They were stuck in PE.
Repeated all troubleshooting as above. Nothing worked. He had to drop and we 4 manned it.
This happened twice.

No reward on killing Mad Dragon.
We killed him 3 times and got nothing each time we killed him.

These seem easily fixable.
Thanks again, we will keep testing it.

JrUzbQw.jpg?1
I am Took.
"Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.

Comments

• dominious12dominious12 Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    Just tried a run of this with some friends on preview, we kept getting "Trinkets of Old" from mimics and treasure chests, but these don't appear anywhere in your currency tab, and if you check the store after you go out it appears in there, but we had 0 of the currency despite picking up loads inside.
  • psychoticsatyrpsychoticsatyr Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    we just ran it twice, left with time on the clock and lives to spare, picked up trinkets, but when we exited, none were left in inventory.
  • mullymoomoo#7130 mullymoomoo Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    Ran it through 2 times completely. all of us picked up lots of trinkets on both runs. after we left the trinkets didn't appear anywhere in inventory and didn't appear in the store window, just like dominious12 reported earlier.

no loot drops from any of the bosses at all. please comment if that is intended or an error.
  • sillystupidsimonsillystupidsimon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 27 Arc User
    Two runs through and lots of trinkets collected during the runs. As above, no trinkets were showing in inventory or other currencies. Checking at the store after the runs also showed 0 trinkets.

It seems similar to the CTA missing tokens, but that's just a guess.
    oh, and you cant skip the cutscene. and if someone disconnects and reconnects it replays the cutscene again, which you cant skip. thought new cutscenes would be able to be skipped??
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    Ditto the trinket problem mentioned by @dominious12 (et. al.).

Several runs, picked up several trinkets, but none in inventory after winning.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    @terramak , @nitocris83 , et. al.
    Updated feedback from this preview thread...

Since my last comment ITT, ran ~10 preview event dungeons (on 2 Tooks/ toons) since this thread was started.

The single most important bug (IMHO) is the lack of consistent trinkets/rewards appearing in the inventory. This was also confirmed by unrelated players such as @dominious12 .

Seems pretty easy to fix though. Great event and thanks.

Took
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    Agree with dread4moor. Fix the missing trinkets before you put this live and it will be a great addition to the game. Whatever you do don't release it broken or you'll have the same amount of complaints from your players as you got for the CTA event.
  • percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    Greetings,

Thank you for your feedbacks!
    Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
    percemer said:

Greetings,

Thanks for thanking us for the feedback.
    Strange that you did not actually read it.
    Most of these errors went live today.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

percemer said:

Greetings,

Just because the bugs are still present, doesn't mean that this didn't get seen. It just means that there wasn't enough bandwidth to devote to it.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    kreatyve said:

percemer said:

Greetings,

Just because the bugs are still present, doesn't mean that this didn't get seen. It just means that there wasn't enough bandwidth to devote to it.
    Yeah um, this happens all the time... Enough excuses. The Barovian banwave made it to the Xbox, and people here already gave devs ample warning.
    Yeah, that seems to > @ghoulz66 said:
    > Greetings,
    >
    > Thank you for your feedbacks!
    >
    > Thanks for thanking us for the feedback.
    > Strange that you did not actually read it.
    > Most of these errors went live today.
    >
    > Just because the bugs are still present, doesn't mean that this didn't get seen. It just means that there wasn't enough bandwidth to devote to it.
    >
    > Yeah um, this happens all the time... Enough excuses. The Barovian banwave made it to the Xbox, and people here already gave devs ample warning.

b> @ghoulz66 said:
    > Greetings,
    >
    > Thank you for your feedbacks!
    >
    > Thanks for thanking us for the feedback.
    > Strange that you did not actually read it.
    > Most of these errors went live today.
    >
    > Just because the bugs are still present, doesn't mean that this didn't get seen. It just means that there wasn't enough bandwidth to devote to it.
    >
    > Yeah um, this happens all the time... Enough excuses. The Barovian banwave made it to the Xbox, and people here already gave devs ample warning.

Yeah, I thought that was the entire point of preview: to incorporate consumer feedback and prevent game-breaking errors from getting to production/live.

Bugs slip through on any game, true.
    But there is a pattern of very important errors being reported but not corrected.
    The "lock-out" bug (or design flaw) makes the event almost unplayable to the 5th round (especially with lag disconnects).

Not hating on the devs here.
    We were trying to help the game.
    We spent hours testing it. We gave objective, polite constructive criticism that should have been acted on before release.
    It wasn't.
    We earned the right to express our frustration about that.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.