test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

DPS Title for Guardian Fighters/Hybrid Classes

In previous MMORPG games I have played in the past, I have always been able to take a tank type character and create a DPS hybrid and quest for dungeons as such. Will this issue be resolved in any upcoming patches to allow us Guardian Fighters/Hybrids who have a DPS build to queue for random dungeons; or at least have the option when we random queue what class we play and build? Just an idea, I would like more input only because I know I am not the only one questioning it.

Comments

• rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    won't need it

In Mod 16, even TRs will do more damage than GFs because lolmod16nerfbat

• namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    Some GF players have asked for it. And the devs had hinted that something may be in the works. But seriously, who would actually queue their GF as DPS? The DPS line is always much longer and there is rarely a RAD role bonus for DPS.
  • spidey#3367 spidey Member Posts: 400 Arc User
    rjc9000 said:

won't need it

Any specific info about that nerf?
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    rjc9000 said:

won't need it

I don't think the nerf will be as high as you think. It will just be reworking how GF produces its top end damage. Right now GF are one trick ponies and that really hinders them compared to other DPS classes. Changing how the class is able to produce damage will go a long way to balancing out each class as a DPS.
  • geno82geno82 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    At moment 70% from gf damage comes from a bug. In one of the next patches the bug is fixed and the damage from gf is a lot smaller

rjc9000 said:

won't need it

Any specific info about that nerf?
    speculation.

I myself know nothing about what the based dev gods plan to do.

but if TR is any indication, it's not pretty.

The last class power shield warriors wrath is buggy. The power gives over 100% more damage instead of 20% . The devs know this and the last info from a Dev is, we fixt it in a future patch
    geno82 said:

The last class power shield warriors wrath is buggy. The power gives over 100% more damage instead of 20% . The devs know this and the last info from a Dev is, we fixt it in a future patch

It's been fixed for several weeks now.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11018973-patch-notes:-version:-nw.105.20181121b.6

Oh my failure sorry
  • guille23mxguille23mx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    If they nerf our Damage how r we supposed to keep agro?
  • majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User

Seductive Dance emote. :p
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
    edited January 2019

Simple, you mark and use aggravating strike on the target. I have seen plenty of players surprised by how I don't lose threat because well; I mark the target and use aggravating strike.

To increase my GF Tac damage I also use Combat Superiority and SWW since I am constantly being hit and SWW is constantly providing some bonus damage.

Here are my predictions for mod 16.

DO DC buffs will be reduce further and their own base damage increased. DO DC will be DPS when Qing into content and AC as the healer. Minor fixes to the paragon tree feat paths to improve the class a bit.

GF SwordMaster will become a DPS build and will lose the ability to cause threat when marking a target. Iron Vanguard will be the tank build for GF. Major changes to the class.

GWF iron vanguard will be the tank paragon path and swordmaster at the DPS path. GWF will also get a valid tank build that is actually usable in content. Like the GF there will be major changes to the class.

CW will be adjust so that MoF will Q as a buffer and SS as a DPS. There maybe some minor changes to the CW paragon feat tree paths to improve the class a bit.

TR will get an actually buff build when you play as a Knife Whisper and there will be some additional reworking of the TR class to improve the ability to buff and debuff.

OP - no change

HR - Trapper paragon build will be classified as a buffer role when Qing and combat will be the DPS role.

SW - I'm not sure which paragon tree should be a healer. Given the name I decided that Soulbinder paragon will be classified as a healer when Qing into content. The encounter power associate with this class will be updated so that when it is activated you heal your group for % and maybe even a debuff on the target. Pillar of Power will no longer buff the group.

This update will give us 3 healer, 3 tanks, 3 buffers and many DPS classes....

• undepartedundeparted Member Posts: 88 Arc User

Simple, you mark and use aggravating strike on the target. I have seen plenty of players surprised by how I don't lose threat because well; I mark the target and use aggravating strike.

To increase my GF Tac damage I also use Combat Superiority and SWW since I am constantly being hit and SWW is constantly providing some bonus damage.

DO DC buffs will be reduce further and their own base damage increased. DO DC will be DPS when Qing into content and AC as the healer. Minor fixes to the paragon tree feat paths to improve the class a bit.

GF SwordMaster will become a DPS build and will lose the ability to cause threat when marking a target. Iron Vanguard will be the tank build for GF. Major changes to the class.

GWF iron vanguard will be the tank paragon path and swordmaster at the DPS path. GWF will also get a valid tank build that is actually usable in content. Like the GF there will be major changes to the class.

CW will be adjust so that MoF will Q as a buffer and SS as a DPS. There maybe some minor changes to the CW paragon feat tree paths to improve the class a bit.

TR will get an actually buff build when you play as a Knife Whisper and there will be some additional reworking of the TR class to improve the ability to buff and debuff.

OP - no change

HR - Trapper paragon build will be classified as a buffer role when Qing and combat will be the DPS role.

SW - I'm not sure which paragon tree should be a healer. Given the name I decided that Soulbinder paragon will be classified as a healer when Qing into content. The encounter power associate with this class will be updated so that when it is activated you heal your group for % and maybe even a debuff on the target. Pillar of Power will no longer buff the group.

Only problem would be that you would now have 4 classes to assign to random queues. So instead of dps getting 3 spots, and having to wait eons for their queue to pop, they now also have to give a spot over to a buff class. Of cause it will benefit the classes you then describe as buffer paths, but everything dps will have longer queues.

I play AC DC, so the above statement is solely based on my observation. And not because I play dps and worried this would be applied in the future.
  • groo#6243 groo Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    That just sounds like each class would end up being the same (with a buff build and a dps build) as every other class just with different powers. Where would be the individual class roles within a group? Is NW an MMO or just an arcade shoot-em-up?

OP - no change

Only problem would be that you would now have 4 classes to assign to random queues. So instead of dps getting 3 spots, and having to wait eons for their queue to pop, they now also have to give a spot over to a buff class. Of cause it will benefit the classes you then describe as buffer paths, but everything dps will have longer queues.

I play AC DC, so the above statement is solely based on my observation. And not because I play dps and worried this would be applied in the future.
    The thing is though, no is stopping a GWF if this is the fix to play as a tank or a CW, HR, TR to play as buffer instead of a DPS. The reality is this gives us more option and not everyone who plays a CW wants to be classified as a DPS same with the HRs. I also know that some DO want to be classified as a DPS and same can be said for GFs.

With so many GWF out there some could go tank for easier q time into content if they wanted to try their hand at something different for their character.

Also most groups I run with lately we don't even bring along a full on DPS as they bring nothing to the table; pure DPS are becoming a thing of the pass for me and the group we run with simply due to buffs out weigh the slight bonus damage you get from running as a full on DPS.