test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Powers stopping to work in CODG - SW only bug?

bluthbananabluthbanana Member Posts: 49 Arc User
It has happened repeatedly to me in CODG that suddenly I am not able to cast most of my powers anymore. It stays that way until a push/pull phase happens. After that all is working again. I am using Hadars Grasp, Dreadtheft, Pillar of Power, Hellish Rebuke and Dark Spiral Charge as encounters/at-wills. The only working encounter when it happens is Pillar of Power. So somehow all ranged/targeted powers stop working, while an untargeted power still works.

I have asked other classes if they experience it as well. Never got a positive on that question ever. So i doubt it is a debuff/intended mechanic, as it can take very long to reset.

Comments

• Options
    vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    To ask a silly question, are you accounting for the part where the Atropal becomes untargetable right before it goes into pull/push? If so, that’s expected behavior.

To clarify, it becomes untargetable even before it sinks into the pit. Being unable to attack it is the cue that the pull is incoming.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• Options
    vorphied said:

To ask a silly question, are you accounting for the part where the Atropal becomes untargetable right before it goes into pull/push? If so, that’s expected behavior.

To clarify, it becomes untargetable even before it sinks into the pit. Being unable to attack it is the cue that the pull is incoming.

Maybe this somehow is connected, being somehow out of sync. But it is not the regular change for that particular phase, as others continue to attack while I am not able to provide a single temp heal and others go down because of that. Also, dying resets that condition as well and I am able to attack again after using a scroll/being revived.

• Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    NOt happened to me with my lock till now, but there are allways new bugs in this game.
    Lately I first time was introduced into Tong's superbug at second boss, where Withers constantly fires at the party, even standing at the homenode.
    I actually knew the bug where Withers got untargetable, as long as you did no 140 degree rotation to the right.
    Maybe your bug is compareable to that , maybe try to turn next time and search for a target at endboss, might be the soulution, I´d call it the "shifted boss bug"
  • Options
    edited December 2018

NOt happened to me with my lock till now, but there are allways new bugs in this game.
    Lately I first time was introduced into Tong's superbug at second boss, where Withers constantly fires at the party, even standing at the homenode.
    I actually knew the bug where Withers got untargetable, as long as you did no 140 degree rotation to the right.
    Maybe your bug is compareable to that , maybe try to turn next time and search for a target at endboss, might be the soulution, I´d call it the "shifted boss bug"

Hmm, that's pretty good input. I'll try aiming in other directions to check if the target system suddenly unlocks the encounters. I do experience this maybe like every 5th run, and mostly those that take longer and are almost doomed to fail. So it could take some time to gather the test data.

• Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Bug with Withers used to be getting knocked by Arcane Whirlwind. That was supposedly fixed but things creep back in.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    giz#2086 giz Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    I had a bug with my encounters too, it was a couple of times with BoVa and DT even slotting the encounter in other key, it still not working, i needed to relog to fix it but it's annoying. Only on Temptation and in ToNG.
  • Options
    vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    If BoVA is potentially causing a bug, an easy solution is not to use it since it’s not a particularly good encounter, anyway. IIRC, the associated Temp feat debuffs only for the SW using it.

The only concession I make to Temp is slotting DT for bosses; otherwise full DPS encounters.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• Options
    chimeraxchimerax Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    vorphied said:

If BoVA is potentially causing a bug, an easy solution is not to use it since it’s not a particularly good encounter, anyway. IIRC, the associated Temp feat debuffs only for the SW using it.

The only concession I make to Temp is slotting DT for bosses; otherwise full DPS encounters.

I ran into this problem in ToNG tonight with BoVA just sitting there with a glowing outline but would never let me cast it. Switched to Curse Bite, works like a charm.