test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Holy avenger rework

I like the enchantment really but this enchantment needs some love. Hardly anyone uses it.

Comments

• strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    They did in fact 'give' it a 'tiny' bit from MOD 14 to MOD 15 slightly increasing the Radiant Damage, I think by perhaps 4-6% at (Unparalleled) but it most mostly negligible... ...I mean it was nice 'slight' improvement, but it still needs a bit of improvement for sure, perhaps in how the Heal's &/or Damage Resistance works perhaps?

I mean just look at what the 'highest' DPS class (Great Weapon's Fighter) gain from Prominence.

ANOTHER THAT NEEDS REWORK:
    1. The Elven Weapon & Armor Enchantments: Bronzewood &/or Elven.
    So I'd say your calls are 'fair' and I'd love to see a bit more done for Holy Avenger, Elven & Bronzewood for sure.

<3
    Post edited by strathkin on
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    Right now, every proc based weapon that existed before Prominence is bad (in terms of DPS, not utility) because ... Prominence exists and does much more damage than most other enchantments without requiring any gimmicks to get more damage.

That being said, I do question why the devs didn't try to make Holy Avenger unique.

I think Holy Avenger could be improved by giving it a 3/6/9/12/15/18/21% damage buff vs. Undead enemies at Lesser/Normal/Greater/Perfect/Pure/Trans/UP, in addition to its usual procs of damage/lolheals.

This way, Holy Avenger is distinct and useful from the other enchants (useful vs. undead enemies, merely ok versus other types) while also being somewhat accurate to the DnD license (while not quite the same as making DC/OP good against the undead, this change to Holy Avenger would reference the idea).

• kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User

I like the enchantment really but this enchantment needs some love. Hardly anyone uses it.

I can think of other old weapon enchants like Vorpal that deserve the same. Used to be Vorpal was the must have BIS enchant back in the early days of the game, now it's in the bargain bin on the AH.

I'm holding onto mine because I can remember when Frost, Feytouched and Lightning enchants used to be bargain basement too - then got buffed and became almost or at BIS level.

Here's hoping the buff bus rolls around for HA and Vorpal too at some point.
  • pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    My conspiracy theory is that the devs purposely rotate things like this, buff and nerf, to drive up the grind and AD spend. Devaluing something you spent a million AD on encourages endgame players to buy and refine the new shiny.

JMHO.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited January 2019

I can think of other old weapon enchants like Vorpal that deserve the same. Used to be Vorpal was the must have BIS enchant back in the early days of the game, now it's in the bargain bin on the AH.

I'm holding onto mine because I can remember when Frost, Feytouched and Lightning enchants used to be bargain basement too - then got buffed and became almost or at BIS level.

Here's hoping the buff bus rolls around for HA and Vorpal too at some point.
    Prominence like someone said above render's 'most' weapon enchantments almost to a different category... Don't 'quite' know if I agree with that, but these certainly could use a bit more improvement or expand one additional benefit that can 'sometimes' PROC on the more traditional enchantments perhaps. I mean Vorpal still can be quite good for Rogue &/or Hunter's especially for Classes with High Damage At-Wil's &/or Daily's. I've seen some with fully upgraded Vorpal's in fact do quite well with Damage in Bank Skirmish although perhaps not quite as good as Fey &/or Dread for sure.

I think with Vorpal however they really require them fully upgraded to gain the 5% extra Crit Severity; though I think they could slightly improve the damage &/or armor resistance DEBUFFs 'slightly up perhaps at all Rank's.

Bronzewood they did say was going to get some more 'love' in future, yet there is likely at least a and they may even be a few Armor's in the same Category:
    1. Holy Agenger
    2. Bronzewood [Weapon] & Elven [Armor] - they indicated Bronzewood get some 'love' in future, still has yet to evolve tho...
    Post edited by strathkin on
  • yperkeimenosyperkeimenos Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    Most things in the game need a rework but it's not gonna happen in any meaningful way any time soon. Talking about reworking, rethinking, or simply buffing enchantments when they can't even introduce a new class for years, is really pointless. Having said that i agree that the way things are only a handfull of enchants see any real use and don't even get me started on companions. There is an infestation of chultan tigers....they're literally everywhere. Talk about imbalances and getting one sided with the gameplay.
    It's BUGS bunny i tell you.
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User

Most things in the game need a rework but it's not gonna happen in any meaningful way any time soon. Talking about reworking, rethinking, or simply buffing enchantments when they can't even introduce a new class for years, is really pointless. Having said that i agree that the way things are only a handfull of enchants see any real use and don't even get me started on companions. There is an infestation of chultan tigers....they're literally everywhere. Talk about imbalances and getting one sided with the gameplay.

Maybe have some dungeon bosses start throwing out catnip debuffs.
  • exgardianexgardian Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    I wish that module 16 will give some bonuses who use the same family enchants:

Examples:

- If you use U.Fey + U.Elven at same time = U. Fey, you gain +5% more bonuses and U. elven give 5% more resistance at control effects, inclusing dot damage.

- U. Lightning + U. Thunderhead = U. Lightning will have more weapon damage, more chains and more recovery per chain hit and U. TH will have a less cooldown and more chance to proc their effects

- U. Prominence + U. Eclipse = U. Prominece generate the double of shield and have 10 more stacks, and U. Eclipse ... i dont know
    2fv72Fw.png
  • ragequittingdc#8599 ragequittingdc Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    I like the idea of making enchants strong vs certain enemies but feel like devs need a mod to introduce true resistance factors in the game. i.e. cold, fire, arcane, poison etc., but in a meaningful way in both directions, against mobs and protection from them. this way all weapon/armor enchants have use and you won't see what costs atleast four million ad to make being auctioned for two and some change because of how garbage it is, or would be if it didn't have a debuff attached to it.

right now we have piercing damage that is meaningful and everfrost that has been mostly outdated but not entirely. taking a look at tiamat, you can run straight into the acid or poison or even fire with little to no worries after a certain gear score, but if you get a quick jolt from the lightning, it's probably a one shot. almost like it has piercing damage, and I'm guessing it does. if all magical resistance based damage was piercing, on both sides, with the ability to max out nullifications, there would be more depth to builds I think. there could be a rework to defensive stats on regular enchantments with this in mind as well.
    im actually the gwf carry
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    Holy Avenger was made with Clerics and Paladins in Mind.