test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Warlocks Curse Should Stack..

shalo#5763 shalo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
I Wanted Everyone's Opinion On This.

Should You Be Able To Stack Warlocks Curse Up To 3 Times On A Single target For A Total Of /20/40/60 % If You Stack it On a Single Target.

I Don't Have Much More To Say Then This.What Do You All Think About This?

Comments

• ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    Ehhhh, rather just have them make small improvements here and there instead of just make SW a boss killer. Already got TR that should be the one that excels at that.

Already stupid enough that they changed CW to be a boss nuker for no apparent reason. Makes no sense.
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    Stacking WC would be ridiculously overpowered. SW is in a decent place for boss damage already, moreso if the fight isn’t over in a couple of rotations (read: not having optimal and coordinated buff support).
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

SW just needs some small improvements. Creeping death needs improved, Damnation capstone improved. A few powers improved. It's in a better spot than ever before now.
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    > @ghoulz66 said:
    > SW just needs some small improvements. Creeping death needs improved, Damnation capstone improved. A few powers improved. It's in a better spot than ever before now.

Damnation definitely needs some more fluffing.

Creeping Death isn’t very compatible with a speed-kill meta, but any adjustments need to front-load its damage rather than simply add more of it, because SW is really quite strong already.

Alternatively Cryptic could scrap the multiplicative buff system in the future and stop allowing players to further trivialize content with extreme buff stacking (thus leaving more room for DoT effects to compete) but I suspect we wouldn’t see a change like that until next level cap increase, if ever.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

rjc9000 said:

ghoulz66 said:

Ehhhh, rather just have them make small improvements here and there instead of just make SW a boss killer. Already got TR that should be the one that excels at that.

So if SW isn't supposed to be a single target nuke class given its mediocre AoE damage outside of daily attacks, low target caps, feats insinuating that SW should be dumping a bunch of DoTs on a single target, and absurd base damage on single target powers, what are SWs supposed to do?

Twiddle their thumbs, become a buffbot to pass the time, and pray that the based dev gods make SW not underwhelming comparative to other DPS classes?

oh wait...
    Some thing fiery bolt or curse bite are fine. Still feel like garbage to me. What are they compared to a couple WMS hits.
  • jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    Shalo, they simply can make Warlock's Curse give a higher damage buff. Smashing tab every time you'd fight 1 target is something we kinda do already because of Curse Consume from Soul Scorch and Hadar's Grasp, your suggestion would further worsen that, it sounds very tedious, I wouldn't like that at all 🤔
    Post edited by jaime4312#3760 on
  • giz#2086 giz Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    I think that Warlock's curse should give combat advantage to the warlock (like the gwf/gf mark) We have a big lack of combat advantage mechanics as DPS, specially Soulbinder.
  • naoqueroforumnaoqueroforum Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    giz#2086 said:

I think that Warlock's curse should give combat advantage to the warlock (like the gwf/gf mark) We have a big lack of combat advantage mechanics as DPS, specially Soulbinder.

On group content you rarely have an occasion where you dont have CA. Most of the time there will be a GF marking for you, or you will have positioning CA.

I'd rather have them make TC a buff rather than a debuff and stackable with WC.

But I would love so many other things too. Like on damnation, if every time any encounter hits a target, an extra puppet shows up from behing and does an additional wraith claw hit on it. Would be so cool, feeling like a GWF :) . Could even grant your CA if you wanted :)