test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[UPDATED] CTA Seasons Tokens of Heroes Issues

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
edited January 2019 in General Discussion (PC)
Update 4 January 29

Reports coming in indicate that the fix is working correctly. We appreciate everyone's patience and, as always, if you continue to experience issues please let us know!

Update 3 January 29

At ~14:00 PST (22:00 UTC / 01:00 MSK), players will be disconnected from any active maps for ~5 minutes or less. This will reset any instances or dungeons players are running. This is so we can apply another hotfix to address the "CTA: Season" reward issue.

This fixes an issue where players may not have received a Token of Heroes, even if the counter for "up to 3 this week" had filled.

After this hotfix, any affected players will automatically have any Tokens of Heroes in their inventory that they should have received, but didn't, upon reaching 10 runs completed. Players can check their Token of Heroes count by visiting the Call to Arms vendor in Protector's Enclave.

Please note the following:
• This was a separate issue from the one where unique items errors could prevent players from gaining progress toward their next Token, but worked in a similar way.
• The above issue, before it was fixed, would still result in players not receiving their token at exactly 10 runs.

We hope this should be the final hotfix necessary to get players into the right state, but if you still run into issues, please feel free to report them to us.

There is a known issue that the Mini Frastr vanity pet can still cause a "Unique Item" error. Given the low drop rate, we do not recommend removing this pet from your inventory.

UPDATE 2 January 29

As discussed during this morning's Driftwood Tavern Stream, we continue to investigate this issue. We are aware that some players are still impacted after an intended fix went out this morning and are working hard to resolve this quickly and efficiently. Thank you for your patience!

UPDATE January 29

At ~07:25 PST (15:25 UTC / 18:25 MSK) we applied the hotfix to address to address the "CTA: Seasons" reward issue. This fixes the issue where players could complete a Call to Arms skirmish and appear to gain progress, but would not consistently receive a Token of Heroes after ten runs.

After this hotfix, the progress bar in the "CTA: Season" event reset to zero. Players will be able to complete 10 more runs of CTA: Storm Front to gain progress toward their next Token of Heroes, and will consistently gain progress toward their next Token.

Please note the following:
• Due to the nature of the bug, players may receive the "Token of Heroes" at less than 10 runs. If it wasn't their third token of the event, they can still run until the bar fills up, and they'll still gain progress toward their next one.
• If the bar is full, no further progress can be made toward a Token of Heroes until the next day.
• Having an Alliance Battle Horn will no longer cause a "Unique Item" error to sometimes display, nor prevent players from gaining progress toward their next token.

We have extended the event by two more days to allow players more time to gain their Tokens of Heroes. Because this event will now end on Thursday (Friday in Russia), there will be no "last chance" vendor this time around.

We are aware that some players are still unable to obtain the Tokens of Heroes even after this morning's fix. We are investing this matter and looking at what may be impacting these particular accounts. We will provide more information when available.
Post edited by nitocris83 on

Comments

• lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
  • adreanisadreanis Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    So how will the affected be reimbursed? No token yesterday, and now today - this is pretty annoying..
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    I was able to get one yesterday on my main, but after 11 runs today I did not get mine for today. So something changed, now granted I did not have a blue battle horn until today, and did get 2 of the unique item messages. They were on my 6th and 9th run, if that makes any difference. But that was the only event thing that changed for me.
  • styley177styley177 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    On the subject of CTA stuff, why on earth do you want to make us run the thing x10 times per day to get the token.

Personally that seems way way OTT and has taken most if not all desire to do it, i did it on day 1 with 1 of my 4 char's i'd like to get the stuff with, and was lucky enough to get the token, but cripes was it tedious (and this is one of the quicker ones).

Today i couldnt bring my self to do it, 10 times is just too much, 3 maybe i could stomach, but 10, sorry but no way (and the count doesnt carry over so unless you do all 10 it's wasted effort).
  • soditalloversoditallover Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 88 Arc User
    well i got the tokens yesterday on the two toons ive run the cta on, then one on my main before the patch then nothing after even 50+ runs today on the other toon after the patch.

i did get the blue horn yesterday on both toons one got a token the other nothing
  • angrycarnageangrycarnage Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    IDK about any of you but, if they dont reimburse people for all this wasted time, I am going to do something cryptic/PWE will care about. I will never give them a single cent of my money ever again. cheers!
  • jazmnjazmn Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    So I did a bit of test as I noticed yesterday my first toon ran had no problems but the second got an error when picking up its loot box for the cta run. It said I already had a copy of a unique item after that I couldn't get my hero token. The first character got hers without problem. Today I ran my first character from yesterday and made sure i had the unique item and she couldn't get her mark today, on the second one i threw the unique item away and she got her mark with out problem. The unique item is that blue horn from the event. I think that is what is glitching the event out.

It only glitches if you already have the horn on that character and it drops in the loot box.
  • bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    Jazmn, I believe you are correct. Yesterday I ran the event with two characters and got the token on run 11 with both. Today, have gotten the battle horn and a couple times after that i got the message of a duplicate item. I deleted it for one character and was finally able to get it, on 10 new runs. The other char is still bugged and i am still trying.
  • ragnarz2ragnarz2 Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    I have never gotten a token on any char on my account b4 or after patch. Aside from the shoddy programming and testing this hamster wheel mechanic of 10 runs a day is kinda insulting.
    ill run some more then and see if i can get it on my other toon, it says 10 but i wonder if its restarting the count in the back end.
    Cmon, 10 runs runs take about 20 minutes, people are making way to much of a deal out of that mechanic, it's nothing compared to the long slog of the day of the dungeon master event.
    Once your bugged for a day i guess your just bugged I ran 14 times on the bugged character and made sure to ditch the horn every time it dropped but no token. Oh well I'll still get my three since they extended it by a day, now that I know what the problem is.
  • aimsiesaimsies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 66 Arc User
    The characters I had that didn't get one yesterday all got theirs today - before they had completed 10 runs. But the characters that completed yesterday with no errors/issues and received a token, ran the 11 CTA's again today, with no errors or issues, but received no token. Very frustrating.
    That is frustrating do any of them have the blue horn? I also just got the error again on my ranger but i didn't have the horn this time, though i did have the vanity pet from the event.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Except some of us ran 30+ today trying to get a token ... So ya.. Was more then ten runs
  • dontez1dontez1 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    Yeah discard horn/pet and you never get a chest. At 10 you get your token just fine.
    Just keep discarding when you get it. Run it after or wait till you get 3 tokens to get horn back.
    Your welcome.
    edit: 1 character I had to run 11> 1 for refund token from yesterday, then 10 for today. Its worked on a few so far..
    Post edited by dontez1 on
  • bjbrunt#4365 bjbrunt Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    jazmn said:

Cmon, 10 runs runs take about 20 minutes, people are making way to much of a deal out of that mechanic, it's nothing compared to the long slog of the day of the dungeon master event.

It would only take 20 minutes give or take IF you don't have 1-2 players standing at the start point for the entire run. That combined with having to double check each time to make sure you didn't get a "unique item" every run. That and the 5 characters that I ran through on day 1 that I will need to run again since those tokens were removed.

It isn't the time so much as it is the frustration that this was not fixed before it went live, combined with people who don't bother to help because the run is too short to kick them.
  • baeyornbaeyorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 146 Arc User
    There is some merit to the comments that if you get the horn and/or the mini-Frastr, you will not get a token that day.

Have run 9 characters through the 11 runs today. 4 of them never got a token. The 4 that did not get a token, all received the blue horn or the Mini-frastr or received both.

Once you get the red error message "Only One Of A Unique Item Is Allowed", it seems to set a flag or variable.. then you will not get a token on that character no matter how many runs you do.

Oh, and why 11 runs? I consistently only got a token after running it 11 times. It seems to not count one of the runs as being complete. An Yes I faithfully got the box from the loot chest and exited using the portal every time.
  • nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
    OK, I do have a pattern after yesterday patch.

- I played the skirmish 10 times.
    - I got the duplicate reward message twice.
    - When I reached the number 12 skirmish I got the token.

So it seems that the "try_catch" logic that controls the rewards doesn't increase the number of runs.
  • nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
    After patch, on a character where I got sequentially blue horn, repeated blue horn, vanity pet, I got no token no matter how many runs I did.
  • scubamurph#2300 scubamurph Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Still broken for me. Not getting tokens.
  • iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    I'm going to just run it when I can, I've given up on any token showing up, no matter what toon I'm doing it on. At this point it's not worth the continuous effort and attention to detail about what drops and what doesn't. There will be more CTA's, hopefully they can work something out by the next one.
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    Yeah count me in on never gotten a single token.
    Did the CTA 11x Thursday night... nothing. Did get both the green and blue battle horns as well as the vanity pet.
    Did the CTA 5x or so on Friday night, still nothing. Did get the message twice that you can only have one unique item.

So at this point, my expectation are that I'm not going to get enough tokens... and just further justifies my low expectations on Cryptic and new events. Because since at least the Halloween event something major has been broken from right out of the gate.

At this point I don't even know if i really care about any other event that you run for Neverwinter anymore.

And extending the event one more day?
    Yeah that would probably be good for most players, but you know some of us actually have jobs and other responsibilities and may not be able to complete the event this time around.

Are the prizes worth participating worth it? Maybe maybe not, depends on your point of view.
    But, I at least would have appreciated the try. If I didn't make it due to other commitments, so be it. That's the way the cookie crumbles.
    But not to even get the chance, is well highly disappointing.
  • oldkitcholdkitch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    Well, 25 times so far and no token. We shall see if i ever get nit today. Yesterday on one toon, rann it 8 times and got 2 tokens, SO FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!

Oh. i don't have vip on this account, could that be part of it?
    Post edited by oldkitch on
    Handbasket? I thought this was a spaceship!
  • murphystoutmurphystout Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    No token today. I got the duplicate item message with chest in inventory 4 times in 10 runs. I ran Storm Front several more times but no token of heroes.
  • ismodaiismodai Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    did 11 runs with 2 characters on the same account after the fix, one got the token, the other didnt, I want the gryphon, so pls fix this and give me what i worked for
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    I also have a strong suspicion that this is related to the 'Duplicate item' message. I have seen this caused by two objects, the battle horn and the Mini golem.