test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Struggling with K-Team MSP?

Hey everyone!

After running K-Team MSP on my PvE toons, I figured I could make a tips video.

I am sure I missed a few things, but you still have a bit of time to do the weekly challenge.

Check this out if you are struggling, or just want to relax and watch a video. Enjoy!

I hope this helps some of you out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFl08CUwoxo&t=471s

Comments

• Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Probably a pointless video. Biggest tip of all is having an optimal team and not getting horrible luck on the final boss. Majority are still going to be screwed over by the mechanics. Nothing like CN, that throws everything at you clear as night and day to react to.
  • Options
    iimrmonkeyii#3625 iimrmonkeyii Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    @ghoulz66

What horrible luck are you referring to? I am just curious.

I did another run tonight just to help someone else out. We didn't have an "optimal" party and it was fine. We finished without a problem.

Finishing MSP isn't really about party compositions and luck. The real problem is that most people don't know how to react to the basic mechanics of MSP.

CN unfortunately doesn't have any mechanics that need to be followed. You can basically just DPS the dungeon down. FBI and MSP are the lowest tier dungeons that require mechanics.
  • Options
    hercules125hercules125 Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    Getting burned down by the curse, while waiting to be petrified is what usually gets me.
  • Options
    iimrmonkeyii#3625 iimrmonkeyii Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    Yeah @hercules125 if you miss a stun or mess up Nostura's rotation that can definitely happen. However, one of the points in the video is to wait for the stun before starting some other phase (especially the last one). That way you can guarantee a quick stun/cleanse and you won't die from that small amount of time. The curse always starts out ticking very small numbers.

If someone in your party gets cursed. Just stop attacking her and stand there. You should never die that way!
  • Options
    jmiller84jmiller84 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 188 Arc User
    I appreciate the idea of trying to help people through K-Team MSP, but the problem with K-Team from the start has been a lack of worthwhile rewards. The Gallant armor is only slightly better in some cases for some classes. Unless you're ultra IL chasing, the only pieces that are really worthwhile are the Helm for dps classes and the Boots for some support class builds. Not gonna see dps classes give up anything with % based dmg for a slightly higher IL, 150 more power and 500 more HP or whatever it gives. They're gonna keep all that % based dmg stuff. Why? Because its better for them and in most cases quicker/easier to obtain.

Unless they dramatically upgrade the rewards for K-Team I expect my next week of runs to be my last as I collect the Helm on toons that can use it. After that there's no reason for the headache of a lag spike, invisible AoE or glitchy boss fight forcing a restart of your run.

My 2 cents on that.
    HR: Vretzen
    GWF: Vretzina
    OP: Vee
    DC: Evee
    CW: nezterV

Leader - Valaraukari Ascension
  • Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    jmiller84 said:

I appreciate the idea of trying to help people through K-Team MSP, but the problem with K-Team from the start has been a lack of worthwhile rewards. The Gallant armor is only slightly better in some cases for some classes. Unless you're ultra IL chasing, the only pieces that are really worthwhile are the Helm for dps classes and the Boots for some support class builds. Not gonna see dps classes give up anything with % based dmg for a slightly higher IL, 150 more power and 500 more HP or whatever it gives. They're gonna keep all that % based dmg stuff. Why? Because its better for them and in most cases quicker/easier to obtain.

Unless they dramatically upgrade the rewards for K-Team I expect my next week of runs to be my last as I collect the Helm on toons that can use it. After that there's no reason for the headache of a lag spike, invisible AoE or glitchy boss fight forcing a restart of your run.

My 2 cents on that.

The only piece worth anything is the helm for DPS. Support builds typically want high recovery and dropping the prior boots results in a loss of recovery; overall the KTeam challenge is not even worth doing for most players unless you are a IL chaser and not caring about being truly best as a DPS or support character.

• Options
    rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    edited January 2019

Support builds typically want high recovery and dropping the prior boots results in a loss of recovery

While it is true that you lose Recovery on some of the boots, you also gain base Power as a tradeoff.

• Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    The gallant sets look to be higher stat versions of the CR sets. For simple players like me sporting four CR pieces, the gallant set would be an all around upgrade. But I don't think I will bother grinding for them. The CR set was painful to grind doing mostly REQ/ToNG with a few REQ/CR/CoDG in between. At least I also made my RAD at the same time.

k-team runs you have to do both versions of the run, and the harder instances are just not possible. Are there any other rewards from k-team runs?
  • Options
    c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    If you're dps, just get hat and that's it. And not even for (most) boss fights. Just for regular PvE.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    rjc9000 said:

Support builds typically want high recovery and dropping the prior boots results in a loss of recovery

While it is true that you lose Recovery on some of the boots, you also gain base Power as a tradeoff.

Power gains for power sharing will have a minimal impact for buffing up damage. In all honesty, 1500 recovery is way better for getting to buffing/debuffing encounters and dailies faster than the slight bump in power you get.

If you're dps, just get hat and that's it. And not even for (most) boss fights. Just for regular PvE.

You are correct in that the head is only worth it for daily PVE and any content that is adds heavy but where the damage counts another head piece would be better.