test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

BIS companions

I'm about to bring 2nd companion to legend and I was wondering if Fire Archon was still BIS for gwf.

Best Answers

Answers

• mindachemindache Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    There are better options to upgrade first.
    <font color="FireBrick">All we ask for is satisfaction.</font>
  • dynadude1#3196 dynadude1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    TY for all who responded. appreciate it
  • divectoredivectore Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    As of today, bis companions are and in this order:
      1. 1:Air Archon
      2. 2:Earth Archon
      3. 3:Razorwood
      4. 4:Fire Archon
      5. 5:Siegemaster.
      The last one can be swapped with Chultan Tiger, but Siegemaster have more consistency in longer fights.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    divectore said:

The last one can be swapped with Chultan Tiger, but Siegemaster have more consistency in longer fights.
    You run the Tiger for the debuff that is why the Tiger is better than the Fire Archon.
  • gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User

divectore said:

You run the Tiger for the debuff that is why the Tiger is better than the Fire Archon.
    Well to be fair, the tiger is about as intelligent as my shoes, so 10% debuff vs actually getting your bondings... xD

divectore said:

Well to be fair, the tiger is about as intelligent as my shoes, so 10% debuff vs actually getting your bondings... xD
    All companions are morons and die easily. The best companions IMO are the Dancing Shield, Ambush Drake, sword trio, chult tiger and harper bard. Any other summoned companion is not worth its value as they offer nothing for the group. Just like a GWF. If I run with a GWF and I see any other companion other than a Tiger I leave the group simply because the tiger is kinda mandatory for a GWF as they offer nothing else. As someone who plays a GF, DC and CW; I go with debuffing companions: Dancing Shield, Sword Trio, and Tiger. I have a ambush drake I plan to rank up on my DC but am not in any rush as I do run one of the sword trio currently. I also have a sword trio on my CW just in case it becomes BiS again.

If you enjoy making content take longer go ahead and run the air archon or fire or whatever one you have summoned. I actually do see a big difference in content completion time when all 5+ players run a debuffing companion vs. when a player runs a DPS only companion like the Air or Fire Archon.

My fastest CR was when we had a Dancing Shield, ambush drake, 2 of the Sword trio and one tiger.

My longest CR was when we had the two dps both running air archons, we didn't even complete it.
  • kiraskytowerkiraskytower Member Posts: 455 Arc User

All companions are morons and die easily. The best companions IMO are the Dancing Shield, Ambush Drake, sword trio, chult tiger and harper bard. Any other summoned companion is not worth its value as they offer nothing for the group. Just like a GWF. If I run with a GWF and I see any other companion other than a Tiger I leave the group simply because the tiger is kinda mandatory for a GWF as they offer nothing else. As someone who plays a GF, DC and CW; I go with debuffing companions: Dancing Shield, Sword Trio, and Tiger. I have a ambush drake I plan to rank up on my DC but am not in any rush as I do run one of the sword trio currently. I also have a sword trio on my CW just in case it becomes BiS again.

If you enjoy making content take longer go ahead and run the air archon or fire or whatever one you have summoned. I actually do see a big difference in content completion time when all 5+ players run a debuffing companion vs. when a player runs a DPS only companion like the Air or Fire Archon.

My fastest CR was when we had a Dancing Shield, ambush drake, 2 of the Sword trio and one tiger.

My longest CR was when we had the two dps both running air archons, we didn't even complete it.

The Ambush Drake looks great on paper with it's 20% debuff, but in practice it's such a slow striking companion it simply cannot keep the debuff up even a reasonable fraction of the time. You are better off with one of the sword trio or a tiger despite the buff from the ambush drake being theoretically 10% more.
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Winter Lily (CW) / Winter Rose (DC) / Winter Ivy (HR)
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • geno82geno82 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    I the right group a lion is great when the dps have the lion a passive and a support have it active its a great buff.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    People worry too much about BiS. Not everyone can afford them or wants to.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.

The Ambush Drake looks great on paper with it's 20% debuff, but in practice it's such a slow striking companion it simply cannot keep the debuff up even a reasonable fraction of the time. You are better off with one of the sword trio or a tiger despite the buff from the ambush drake being theoretically 10% more.
    I placed the ambush drake there for the simple fact DCs can use 3 Electrum Resto Neck for maxing out their recovery and it offers a debuff. I thought the drake quicker attack, the one that proc every 2 seconds was the one that causes the debuff. I don't use the one I own so it is not something I will pay attention to until I decide to try it out/swap over to it.

This discussion has been closed.