test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PS4] The Heart of Fire Launch Issues

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
This thread is to report bugs related to the new content or that began with the release of The Heart of Fire. Please do not report previously discovered bugs or general feedback. All unrelated comments will be moved so that the team can better focus on the new issues on PS4.

NOTE: If you post an issue on this thread, please be assured that it is being read. Time will be spent reviewing issues and escalating them as efficiently as possible. We are not able to respond or give detailed updates to each individual post but all feedback and reports are being received.

Thanks!

Comments

• shamus13#4972 shamus13 Member Posts: 1 New User
    It seems, if one opens the crate obtained during the 'Running a Workshop' tutorial outside the workshop, it doesnt register, and you are unable to advance in the tutorial.
  • everiscale#8166 everiscale Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    If you open the Profession Starter Kit obtained from "Tools of the Trade" before the tutorial "Running A Workshop" tells you to you are left unable to complete that step. This leaves you with a notification saying to open said starter kit in your inventory even though it is no longer there. As well as being unable to finish the running a workshop tutorial. Please fix this asap. Also what person thought giving players a 1 time consumable quest item separate from its quest was a good idea?
  • juergeng123juergeng123 Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    The exchange rate for the Mithral Crucible is wrong we will get only 1 credit it should be 5000
    Schließe dich meiner Gilde Valindras Fear an Gildenhalle 20 Marktplatz 9 Stall 9 Kasserne 9, Entdeckergilde 9
    Join my guild Valindras Fear GH20 Marketplace 9 Stable 9 Barracs 9 Explorer Guild 9
  • xophcalxophcal Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Hello I am new to this forum but I am not too sure where to put this. My PS4 downloaded the update but will not copy the update file. It first went to 69 percent then stopped so I restarted my PS4 but now it’s sitting at 0 percent and not moving
  • purestchaos#4297 purestchaos Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    The first quest from Jim Darkmagic, Retrieval Operations, is bugged. It does not give credit each time it is run. Switching to another character yields an approximate chance of 1:3, but my main still has yet to complete it after six runs.
  • sgtpostal#4408 sgtpostal Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    unsure if this is bug or not but while running rq "level up" unpon compeltion it did not let me "reroll".... thought all chests had that abilty
    now that mod 15 is out and salcage is gone ive gotten gear out of gambit that will not let me convert to rp (+3 items as well here) an from same instance have gotten other +3 items that it allowed me to convert to rp some kinda bug here but unsure whether this is already a known bug or not
    efit to previous... not gambit...... mpf..... and its +3 companion gear too (thought this gear only came outta gambit)
  • chimeraxchimerax Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    You can no longer inspect a guild member from the guild window.
  • chimeraxchimerax Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited January 2019

@chimerax That is mentioned in the launch notes. Not a bug, a feature. 😺

DOH ! must have missed that. What has "changed" from the last patch? Inspect window can't coexist with the alliance window, but it didn't see to have a problem opening up an inspect window before this mod.
  • darkheart#6758 darkheart Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    > @purestchaos#4297 said:
    > The first quest from Jim Darkmagic, Retrieval Operations, is bugged. It does not give credit each time it is run. Switching to another character yields an approximate chance of 1:3, but my main still has yet to complete it after six runs.

Same issue here, ran it 5 times on my alt, still didnt get credit. Thankfully my main did complete it.
  • dairyzeusdairyzeus Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    The game has occasionally been automatically popping up the "Are you sure you want to change characters" prompt without me doing anything.

Happened after every single load screen in CODG last night. I am not going into my menu or attempting to change characters in any way.

1 other friend I was in chat wish experienced the same issue.
  • stryker80#0653 stryker80 Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    > @darkheart#6758 said:
    > > @purestchaos#4297 said:
    > > The first quest from Jim Darkmagic, Retrieval Operations, is bugged. It does not give credit each time it is run. Switching to another character yields an approximate chance of 1:3, but my main still has yet to complete it after six runs.
    >
    > Same issue here, ran it 5 times on my alt, still didnt get credit. Thankfully my main did complete it.

I'm now 1 for 5 on this quest. My main suceeded once, my alt cannot complete it. We need a resolution to be able to advance the campaign.

Upon returning to PE after successfully grabbing the egg, it just does not update.
  • kamehameha069#8658 kamehameha069 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    dairyzeus said:

The game has occasionally been automatically popping up the "Are you sure you want to change characters" prompt without me doing anything.

Happened after every single load screen in CODG last night. I am not going into my menu or attempting to change characters in any way.

1 other friend I was in chat wish experienced the same issue.

This happend to me today while running CR, after every loading screen it would pop up.
  • autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,133 Arc User
    Since the update I am having a HUGE lag issue when I go from one location to the other. When I arrive at a new map location I have to wait 30 seconds to a minute before I can move. Once that is over tho there is no lag issue.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • stryker80#0653 stryker80 Member Posts: 130 Arc User

> @darkheart#6758 said:

> > @purestchaos#4297 said:

> > The first quest from Jim Darkmagic, Retrieval Operations, is bugged. It does not give credit each time it is run. Switching to another character yields an approximate chance of 1:3, but my main still has yet to complete it after six runs.

>

> Same issue here, ran it 5 times on my alt, still didnt get credit. Thankfully my main did complete it.

I'm now 1 for 5 on this quest. My main suceeded once, my alt cannot complete it. We need a resolution to be able to advance the campaign.

Upon returning to PE after successfully grabbing the egg, it just does not update.

Possible work-around: not skipping ANY of the cutscenes has now allowed me to complete this quest 3 times on different alts.
  • tiltawhirling#1261 tiltawhirling Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    The focus stats in Professions is not calculated correctly.
    For example, 890/1400 shows as 0%.
    This is pretty disheartening for those of us who have spent considerable time and resources (including $$$) on building Masterwork up to level 5.
  • gavw#7443 gavw Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    Hiring artisans in the new workshop often results in a bug for me... two issues:
    1. Sometimes when hiring an artisan the game hires a completely different artisan of the same profession. I've attempted to dismiss one artisan and replace them with a new one but countless times I've received the wrong person and ended up with worse than what I had
    2. Sometimes when hiring / dismissing new applications the artisan profile screen goes completely blank so you can no longer view the new application
    Rather frustrating when trying to better artisans only to find you've gone backwards...
  • gavw#7443 gavw Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    gavw#7443 said:

Hiring artisans in the new workshop often results in a bug for me... two issues:

1. Sometimes when hiring an artisan the game hires a completely different artisan of the same profession. I've attempted to dismiss one artisan and replace them with a new one but countless times I've received the wrong person and ended up with worse than what I had
    2. Sometimes when hiring / dismissing new applications the artisan profile screen goes completely blank so you can no longer view the new application
    Rather frustrating when trying to better artisans only to find you've gone backwards...
    Furthermore... in relation to this post... I also get it quite often when hiring an artisan that the level of the new person is lower than advertised on the application. I've even started logging out now just prior to hiring the new person in the hope that it'll hire the right person but this issue is still happening.
  • dairyzeusdairyzeus Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    You cannot buy armor for other classes from the seal vendor that is summoned via VIP
  • autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,133 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    After my first toon went through the profession tutorial just fine, my remaining toons get stuck at "order an item from the dispatch board". I get to the "Place how many orders screen" and it won't acknowledge that I am pressing X.

EDIT: I rebooted and it seems to be working fine now.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • dman7137#2586 dman7137 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    All my characters on Neverwinter have disabled "Confirm" options when trying to mail crafting materials or sell some common items to a merchant. Vendor_Fail-1(trying to sell 2 potions of lesser healing), Mail_Fail-2 (trying to mail 100 Yew Lumber), Vendor_Fail-3 (trying to sell 2 treasures - religious Tomes). This is seriously impairing my ability to craft! I spoke with others who do not have this problem. Almost all crafting materials are affected. PS4: Zaria@dman7137 just opened 2 emails, pulling 10 stacks of fireworks into the inventory that cannot be sold or put back into an email!
  • atwa#2521 atwa Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    I hired Sven Longriver but it gave me Sten Oakfoot instead.

In case it's relevant, I had fired Hem Samthiel to make room for Longriver.
    Treylo Grassmantle applied, and I already had 26 artisans, so I fired Evan Mintbottom to make room for Grassmantle. When I went back to new applications, it was no longer Grassmantle applying. It was Mintbottom, who I'd just fired.
  • michaelodeon#3761 michaelodeon Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Potential Bug: While reviewing the option to Redeem Legacy Profession Slot Unlocks (following the crafting update/conversion), I noticed that I may not have received a credit for the slot obtained by reaching level 20 in a profession. Im referring to the Profession Slot 6 Legacy Unlock token specifically. Prior I had two professions at level 20 (Alchemy and Leadership) and one at level 15 (Artificing) try to get the additional slot rewarded for three lvl 20 professions when the changes were made (kind of disappointing that I didnt quite reach it in time). I wonder if any other conversions were missed/incorrectly handled.
  • sartoricsartoric Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    Berg Donatan applies. I fire Brenndan Qelgal to make room for Donatan. When I go back to applications, it's now Kevh Olame applying, but I can see Donatan for a split second before he is replaced by Olame.