test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Zone Chat Leakage?

callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
After finishing an nDEMO recently I was using the vendor there to sell stuff whilst I queued for Tiamat and chat started to appear in the Zone Chat. I was alone and clearly there was a group running nDEMO and the chat was leaking into my instance.

Just wanted to report it in case.

It was funny reading "Purples only please" ... "Purple please" ... "PURPLE PLEASE" ... "omg 15 minuted for a DEMO run..."

Comments

• pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    Sounds like that's just normal behavior. Zone Chat covers every instance of the same zone just like in non-instanced areas like PE and Chult.

I remember way-back-when in Demo and Tiamat runs seeing Zone Chat stuff from other instances, followed by people in other instances telling them to stop it and switch to "/say". You don't see it so much anymore because more folks use "say", "party", or "queue group".
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    There's "raid" chat made specifically for Tiamat, Demogorgon and other large groups, but it seems that not many people use it.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png