test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Mod 15 - Arcane Power Field vs Chilling Presence on off hand

elenabbaelenabba Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3 Arc User
Hi. Anyone has done some tests about apf on off hand instead cp (single target)? On paper, apf buff his dot damage by 10%, cp gives +3% more damage on everything, so on paper cp wins, but in praticse some cws feels more damage with apf.
Any more info about?
Ty

Comments

• rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    elenabba said:

Hi. Anyone has done some tests about apf on off hand instead cp (single target)? On paper, apf buff his dot damage by 10%, cp gives +3% more damage on everything, so on paper cp wins, but in praticse some cws feels more damage with apf.
    Any more info about?
    Ty

Chilling Presence offhand.

You're really picking Arcane Power Field for the multiplier to Arcane Stacks rather than the DoT damage. The DoT damage is laughable and any boost to it is unnoticeable unless you are specifically looking for it.

For reference, this is what a typical CW's DPS spread looks like:

Notice how the APF DoT damage is barely 2% of the CW's overall damage...

• mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    rjc9000 said:

elenabba said:

Any more info about?
    Ty

Chilling Presence offhand.

You're really picking Arcane Power Field for the multiplier to Arcane Stacks rather than the DoT damage. The DoT damage is laughable and any boost to it is unnoticeable unless you are specifically looking for it.

For reference, this is what a typical CW's DPS spread looks like:

Notice how the APF DoT damage is barely 2% of the CW's overall damage...
    Has anyone tested Critical Conflag to see how it performance when using a Fey with Arcane Power Field vs. Chilling Presence? I know Critical Conflag got a buff and I'm wondering if that buff along with the offhand would make it a viable alternative to Chilling Presence. I know it is is a long shot but I figured I would ask.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    All I can say is WOW...things die way to fast now...

My test Thaum/Opp build is working much better than I thought it would; definitely surpass the Renegade MoF build on bosses due to the bonus damage from Icy Ray and being able to keep up chill and frost stacks with Sudden Storm. The Renegade build is good but a constantly 25% bonus damage to Icy Ray and not needing to worry about Chill or Arcane stacks has really made me smile playing my CW once again as a Thaum/Opp.
  • zebulondaktoidzebulondaktoid Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    I used Arcane power field in the previous mod and it was great. Unfortunately, since mod 16 came out, I don't seem to be able to gain action points fast enough to make it worthwhile.