test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Warlock Healers

tynaristynaris Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited January 2019 in PvE Discussion
Anyone else think Scourge Warlocks should be able to queue as a healer(when in temptation) for dungeons?

Comments

• namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    People get sad when they get a dev OP in random queue. I'd imagine that will be the case if they see a templock. Though as a player who mains a DC, I love seeing templocks in ToNG as that means I don't need to heal (not that I do since all I do is buff)
  • majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited January 2019

People get sad when they get a dev OP in random queue. I'd imagine that will be the case if they see a templock. Though as a player who mains a DC, I love seeing templocks in ToNG as that means I don't need to heal (not that I do since all I do is buff)

Who have you been running with? They usually are happy to see me cause either the DC quit in frustration with the group's lack of progress or was kicked. Though I also like seeing Templocks in party as a dev OP since if gives me greater flexibility if I need to switch to prot. Let them queue as healers, I say!

I will concede that a DC is usually more welcome in groups for the array of abilities they provide but, if the group is so sad that folks will leave because of a dev OP or templock in the heal slot they'll probably bounce anyway if the DC is not up to snuff. Most, from what I've seen, will press on no matter what they get.
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
    edited January 2019

Who have you been running with? They usually are happy to see me cause either the DC quit in frustration with the group's lack of progress or was kicked.

You know you would make more people happier if you come in as tank. Nothing makes me sadder than seeing a GF in ToNG. Seen a good number 15K+ GFs struggle at the final boss. Even perma-AA and AS couldn't help them. After many tries they give up and leave. Then a 13K OP comes in and saves the day. Now I know, GF tank + a carry = time to GTFOH.
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    A strong Templock is more than adequate to fill a support/healer spot, but bad ones (I'm looking at people who stack massive Life Steal and forget that they actually need to deal damage in order to heal anyone) are definitely worse than your average DC or Devo OP.

Templock also runs into an issue when there is incoming damage to the party and nothing to hit. Rarely an issue outside of Castle Ravenloft right now (and I suppose Kabal in MSP if there are issues with the chains), but could be a complication going forward depending on content design.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

Who have you been running with? They usually are happy to see me cause either the DC quit in frustration with the group's lack of progress or was kicked.

You know you would make more people happier if you come in as tank. Nothing makes me sadder than seeing a GF in ToNG. Seen a good number 15K+ GFs struggle at the final boss. Even perma-AA and AS couldn't help them. After many tries they give up and leave. Then a 13K OP comes in and saves the day. Now I know, GF tank + a carry = time to GTFOH.
    Its usually the opposite for me, @namelesshero347 so lets just agree to disagree on this one.
    ~Shia~

Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)

Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • giz#2086 giz Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    NO! I made a Warlock for DPS not to be a healer. Templock is a support buff/debuff path with heals when you do Damage, SW isn't a true healer even when they can outheal true healer classes. Remember, templocks can't heal the group if they aren't doing damage. You're a DPS class.

Its usually the opposite for me, @namelesshero347 so lets just agree to disagree on this one.

I'm cool with that. I have no problem with random people on the interweb disagreeing with me :)
    edited January 2019
    giz#2086 said:

NO! I made a Warlock for DPS not to be a healer. Templock is a support buff/debuff path with heals when you do Damage, SW isn't a true healer even when they can outheal true healer classes. Remember, templocks can't heal the group if they aren't doing damage. You're a DPS class.

I'd imagine many SWs would like the ability to queue as heal for the queue time. You don't have to play as heals once you get in. Just look at some of the OP shenanigans in RQ, sometimes you see two prot OP or two dev OP. This usually doesn't matter in the easier runs that don't require a tank or heal.
  • kiraskytowerkiraskytower Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited January 2019

giz#2086 said:

I'd imagine many SWs would like the ability to queue as heal for the queue time. You don't have to play as heals once you get in. Just look at some of the OP shenanigans in RQ, sometimes you see two prot OP or two dev OP. This usually doesn't matter in the easier runs that don't require a tank or heal.
    As much as a Templock can put out massive amounts of healing, @giz is right, Warlock is still fundamentally a DPS class. They don't buff to anywhere near the extent a DC or a Devotion OP can .... and lets face it, for most content we bring "Healers" less for the actual healing output and more for their ability to buff the party. A Templock does have some ability to buff/debuff ... but they are best doing this WITH a DC/OP, not doing it INSTEAD of a DC/OP. I know I for one would certainly not like to draw Castle Ravenloft in a random queue and discover my "healer" was a 13K templock ...
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Winter Lily (CW) / Winter Rose (DC) / Winter Ivy (HR)
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    vorphied said:

Templock also runs into an issue when there is incoming damage to the party and nothing to hit. Rarely an issue outside of Castle Ravenloft right now (and I suppose Kabal in MSP if there are issues with the chains), but could be a complication going forward depending on content design.

Additionally:

eLoL: If someone falls into the molten gold during "rocks fall everyone dies", you have nothing to hit to heal.

SP (boss 3): Nostura's cancer Curse, assuming that she was unlucky enough to curse you and then you went to make the key of stars explode.

There might be a few more examples, but these are the ones I know off the top of my head.

That seems to be a thing with GFs in random advanced/expert queues in general. From what I notice, it is generally because most GFs in random queues don't think, amongst other reasons.

To be fair, I have also seen potato protection OPs as well, though I think it's a little harder for them to screw up when OP tanking largely revolves around templar's to victory.

• mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    rjc9000 said:

vorphied said:

Additionally:

eLoL: If someone falls into the molten gold during "rocks fall everyone dies", you have nothing to hit to heal.

SP (boss 3): Nostura's cancer Curse, assuming that she was unlucky enough to curse you and then you went to make the key of stars explode.

There might be a few more examples, but these are the ones I know off the top of my head.

That seems to be a thing with GFs in random advanced/expert queues in general. From what I notice, it is generally because most GFs in random queues don't think, amongst other reasons.

To be fair, I have also seen potato protection OPs as well, though I think it's a little harder for them to screw up when OP tanking largely revolves around templar's to victory.
    Most GF watch YouTube videos of being a DPS GF and not a tank, this results in them forgetting they have a shield to put up.

• nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    What would be nice for a templock is if they had an ability that let them sacrifice their own health (deal damage to themselves) in order to heal the group. When my warlock is in Temptation, I have a 42% life steal chance, but I didn't have to sacrifice too much to get there. It's mostly feats and seems to be plenty of healing. I could boost it higher with Dark One's Blessing, but that hasn't seemed necessary so far, either.

What would be nice for a templock is if they had an ability that let them sacrifice their own health (deal damage to themselves) in order to heal the group. When my warlock is in Temptation, I have a 42% life steal chance, but I didn't have to sacrifice too much to get there. It's mostly feats and seems to be plenty of healing. I could boost it higher with Dark One's Blessing, but that hasn't seemed necessary so far, either.

Now that is interesting idea though I suspect it might be a dicey prospect in situations like fights with Nostura or the Turtle merry-go-round. Still, I wouldn't mind seeing it.
    ~Shia~

Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited January 2019

That's pretty much warlock's bargain..

But you need a target to heal others. It does work on damage immune bosses and enemies. I can cast it on Kabal and heal others.

No healer is perfect. DC can't heal people who are a million miles away from each other. OP's heal is meh without bond of virtue which can become annoying if being multi CC'd.