test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Questions about AP special attack?

I haven’t really been on the forums much lately and I’ve rarely played the game since completing the last zone.

But, I have been logging in to play just the winter fest and noticed that when I fill my AP bar for the special attack and don’t use it that it empties. If I recall this never happened before. So was this changed? I play a combat HR.

Before, I could fill my AP to max and it would stay that way until I used the attack. Even if I logged out and back a day later the AP bar would still be full. Now if I don’t use the attack within like 10 minutes it empties. O.o
Founder of Knights of Ra guild in Neverwinter PS4. Founder of The Arashikage Clan in Defiance, formally of PlayStation Home.

Comments

• frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    edited December 2018
    What were you fighting? Some enemies have AP draining attacks... (The 'AP special attack' is called a Daily Power btw)

IIRC, getting into your Kayak (by entering the water in SoMI or Chult) would drain your AP or Stamina (not sure which or both)...
    FrozenFire
  • markeen#2032 markeen Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    Ok here are some details. I’m in the winter fest zone, I killed enough Monsters on Ice to fill the AP to max. I leave the area and go back near the fountain and quest giver. I stayed there, walked away from the game maybe 10 minutes, come back and it’s empty. Yesterday, it was completely full when I logged out from the winter fest zone, when I logged in tonight is was empty again. Literally fighting nothing. Just standing around. That is what makes this so confusing I’ve been playing since the game launched on PS4 and have never seen this happen before.
    Founder of Knights of Ra guild in Neverwinter PS4. Founder of The Arashikage Clan in Defiance, formally of PlayStation Home.
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    I haven't done much in Winter Fest since the past year, maybe has something to do with that zone... I've personally not noticed any issues. AP isn't much of an issue though, it fills up pretty fast... Almost instantaneously even with the right setup :)
    FrozenFire
    Tonight I logged on, filled my AP and went to my stronghold. While I was tending it randomly emptied. So it’s not specific to the winter fest zone. Doing a test on a theory now and if proven i’ll Post the result here. Shouldn’t take long.
  • dreadlord#1226 dreadlord Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    hmm that is odd...will keep my eye open for bug.
    After some testing it seem this is an issue related to the Twilight Yeti. When I have the Yeti equipped to use, my AP gauge will randomly empty. If I equip one of my other mounts, like SWARM, this doesn’t happen. If I change back to the yeti it won’t occur unless I change instance or relog with the twilight yeti equipped. It’s inconsistent but the issue didn’t occur until I got the yeti and started using it.
    Thanks. Forwarded.
    FrozenFire