Install Arc

mod 15

2»

Comments

• xmarik69xxmarik69x Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    gotcha
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    I´d also recommend Hellbringer at lower gear, it´s the stronger setup over all.
    Soulbinder-Fury is more a niche setup in groupcontent with endgear imo.
    Honestly I did not read once in the last years that anyone was looking for a Soulbinder Fury hdps at any occasion in the chat !
    Energizing curse is not that much needed at endgear, I agree. At lower gear you can benefit more from that feat having lower critrate/recovery as Soulbinder.
    Your CD is longer and you can´t hold up sparks with a low-crit setup, HG does not spend any sparks in case it does not crit.
    At lower critrate it might be benefitial to use BovA instead of HG for sparkgeneration as a SB-fury build.
    Anyway, don´t run Soulbinder as low geared warlock, simple as that.

For a Soulbinder damnation HG buff puppets damage for 25% (debuff). Lesser Curse benefits also somehow from HG (25%), but that debuff is not from no impact on focus-damage on a Fury or Temtation build, due to Lesser Curse and Deadly Curse don´t proc that much on bosses.

TC deletes WC 20% buff (it always did), so that 25% debuff is inferior to WC 20% buff on a boss encounter -> minus-dps on bosses, even in low debuff parties ! Never use TC on a boss, maybe except you need to kill tons of adds.
    TC is not buffed from a lifted (cc'd) target by HG, even being a curse !
    You can´t cast HG-WC (cc) follwed by TC and hope to get a 25% debuffed TC, no.

Interstingly TC does not delete the WC-buff for your puppet, the puppet does not benefit from that 25% debuff anyway, but HG (cc effect) does work on bosses (boss dummy in Chult ) !
    Allways cast WC after HG for the extra procs and for the 25% Puppet(de)buff from the cc effect, you have to use HG anyway.
    Since Soulbinder Damnation does not spend any buffs or debuffs towards the group and is lower in dps than a Fury build, there is no option to be a Soulbinder Damnation outside "fun-runs" imo.
    Post edited by schietindebux on
  • giz#2086 giz Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    So...for mobs is Damnation HB better than HB Fury? Any advice for a Damnation build for AoE? Normally i run HB Fury but if i have a Templock in the group or a good buff group i use SB Fury for ST.
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    giz#2086 said:

So...for mobs is Damnation HB better than HB Fury? Any advice for a Damnation build for AoE? Normally i run HB Fury but if i have a Templock in the group or a good buff group i use SB Fury for ST.

So far my advice for Damnation is not to do it. Fury has so many bonuses and additional sources of damage that don't depend on a puppet or on stacking (and re-stacking) Soul Investiture that I don't see how Damnation can compete.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    Damnation stays a "fun build" or leveling setup imo. Puppet can tank bosses to some degree, depending on your feats choice https://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Mocking_Spirit
    Hellbringer Fury is the best option for AoE.
    I run Soulbinder fury beside a HB-Templock, aoe is worse, but focus is far better.
    If I am the only Warlock I normally run Hellbringer, no mater if CODG as hdps. I can stand against most other striker.
    Soulbinder is a pretty viable dps actually, also compared to other good performing striker classes (focus dps), aoe is inferior to Hunter, CW, GWF.
    So in case you are in a 4 buffer 1 dps setup, Soulbinder is a good choice (Dread enchant>Feytouched imo).
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    > @schietindebux said:
    > Damnation stays a "fun build" or leveling setup imo. Puppet can tank bosses to some degree, depending on your feats choice https://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Mocking_Spirit
    > Hellbringer Fury is the best option for AoE.
    > I run Soulbinder fury beside a HB-Templock, aoe is worse, but focus is far better.
    > If I am the only Warlock I normally run Hellbringer, no mater if CODG as hdps. I can stand against most other striker.
    > Soulbinder is a pretty viable dps actually, also compared to other good performing striker classes (focus dps), aoe is inferior to Hunter, CW, GWF.
    > So in case you are in a 4 buffer 1 dps setup, Soulbinder is a good choice (Dread enchant>Feytouched imo).

The puppet actually has ridiculous threat capability. I used a puppet-tank Damnation loadout for giggles once at Ras Nsi and watched the chaos unfold.

I agree that Dread is where it’s at for Soulbinder since almost all of your damage originates from Encounter use. You don’t really touch At-Wills, so it’s only Brood of Hadar that’s missing out on the severity increase.

I always run HB for trash sections unless it’s something like Cradle where you cannot swap loadouts before the boss or unless it’s not worth going back to a previous campfire to change. Pillar of Power and Gates of Hell are just too convenient for AoE.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    giz#2086 said:

New murderous flames feat rework for fury is their semi-AoE solution. It's also a massive single target buff. If the puppet is being CC'd and knocked around, it's not doing much anyway.