test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Some chests spit out loot at the toons

poisoncloudpoisoncloud Member Posts: 489 Arc User
The most prominent examples here being:
- chest in the Basement, AI quest, spitting out green insignias if they are in the loot roll
- coffer in DR lairs spitting out black pearl(s)
- chests in Fane spitting out blue gear

Comments

• nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Does this happen when you are in a party with people who are in another server instance?
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I had reported this in the launch thread but have more information now. This occurs regardless of being alone or in a group. It always occurs with insignia in skill nodes and chests. It can occur with blue gear in chests.

The room in Fane just past the poison pit, after you defeat the mobs there is a chest up on the rock. It always contains three unidentified blue items. Since mod 15 launch, at least 2 and often all 3 get spit out on the floor. The chest in Celeste's hiding room isn't as consistent.

Skill nodes that contain a green insignia instead of an RP stone will always spit the insignia out. Unlike the blue equipment, the insignia don't appear in the loot when you open the node either.

Additionaly, there is another chest bug in the Sharandar Lairs. When you open the chest and look at the loot, it isn't added to your inventory, nor the chest marked as cleared. The only option is to repeatedly loot the chest, gaining nothing, until it either has no unidentified items. If a Sinister, Redcap, or Fey item is present, or if no unidentified items are present, you get the loot and the exit portal appears. (100% reproducible)
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • poisoncloudpoisoncloud Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    Confirming, it happens both in group and solo, with all party members in the same zone.
  • hercules125hercules125 Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    I've encountered this also. It can consistently be replicated in Fane with the chest that contains 3 blue items.

I've also noticed that some mobs drop blue items that are not able to be "auto picked up". You still have to manually pick them up.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer

I've encountered this also. It can consistently be replicated in Fane with the chest that contains 3 blue items.

I've also noticed that some mobs drop blue items that are not able to be "auto picked up". You still have to manually pick them up.

The auto-loot feature is being rolled out in phases for stability purposes. Some items are still not auto-lootable but everything should be in future major releases.
  • evemjevemj Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    I've even had instances in Fane where 1 blue gear was in the chest, but two more popped out like I had killed a critter.
    Started around the changes to looting and such.