test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Binding Powers (hardtargetlock)

picar66picar66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 118 Arc User
I play a support role and when i enter endgame content the first chat message is, that i have to BIND powers to one of my group members.
If i do not want this, then i will be thrown out of group.

I can not understand those ppl. doing this.
For me hardtargetlocking is something like cheating in game, so i do not want it.

Is there anybody who have same experience (kick for not binding)?

Comments

• namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    Sadly, if you join a pre-made group, you may be expected to do it. If you don't want to do it, let the organizer know when asking for invite, or don't join pre-made groups at all. It is their run after all.

In pugs, no one kicks for not binding. I usually ignore bind requests.
  • bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    This most often occurs for OP Devo for bane and DCAC with exalt. While you may consider it "cheating", binding specific actions to hotkeys has a verrrrry long tradition in PC games. I have never kicked someone or seen someone kicked because of a lack of binding a key though, while in a PUG at least. In a premade, it is their group, so be prepared to do it or leave the group. Your best option is to copy the bind command onto a notebook page and just copy and paste from that if you have a need.
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    Just learn to aim very well.

The only way those lfg/zerg group players can actually verify if you're using the keybinds are if they are physically standing behind your keyboard watching you use Exalt/Bane on players.

As long as you place the buff on them in an orderly manner... how are they supposed to figure out if you're using macros or not?

• namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    Generally you are also expected to ack the request. So now the OP looks like he is ignoring the request or have to lie. The faking should at least stop the badgering from the more anal players.
  • polaris1986polaris1986 Member Posts: 320 Arc User
    picar66 said:

For me hardtargetlocking is something like cheating in game, so i do not want it.

oh, i think the same
    and the really one way to dont use it - dont join premade groups. I running random most of time. and i doesn't like a "support" parties at all. Or playing Oracle build, sometimes its just a way to get a cheast, nothing else, it doesnt mean playing a role or have a fun for me. You can choose tanking build if you playing on OP.

Of course while Cryptics don't see a cheat on it.
    Yes, early also was Exalting but it wasn't popular while we hadn't request of 2DC in party.
    Also early Exalt gave immun not damage buff. And I like its buff but because of people who did it a machine mechanic it just havent a sence for me. and playing AC in this way also havent a sence.

The only way those lfg/zerg group players can actually verify if you're using the keybinds are if they are physically standing behind your keyboard watching you use Exalt/Bane on players.

not only. anyone can see what buffs on him )) yes usualy if you running not premade party you havent much problems with explanations. If you using exalt/bane in your rotation ussiale its enough for them. Usually I haven't much focus on having exalt on right DPS while we going trash. Also it doesnt matter while all disappears in few secs. But on Bosses I watch for main DPS. Yes, without bind you'll have bigger gap in rotation or may miss the right person.

I was kicked from random To9G for 2 misses while Orcus fight))) but fortunately it happens not often.

binding specific actions to hotkeys has a verrrrry long tradition in PC games.

Maybe, if you want you may using it inside your const party. Dont make it a common rule. Why guides says necessarily use it? Without binds you impossble to join a TOP community, you'll be a outcast.

I think binds in this game, when initially wasn't hardtargetlocks, are unacceptable.
    Its my opinion.

but now it looks like a genie released from a bottle.
    "sometimes the world doesn't need another hero, sometimes what it needs is a monster"

• aixis2000aixis2000 Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    hardtargetlock is no cheating to cryptic and makes ur work only easier...so why not just focusing whats the best for the party to get this run done?
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    Just checking, you do know that targetlock is by default set to your ctrl key. 'Out of the box'.
  • polaris1986polaris1986 Member Posts: 320 Arc User
    makes ur work only easier...

tell as you wish...

you do know that targetlock is by default set to your ctrl key

will it work on target name? you also may to say anything you want, like 'we can bind it so it normal'
    "sometimes the world doesn't need another hero, sometimes what it needs is a monster"

• micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited December 2018

makes ur work only easier...

tell as you wish...

you do know that targetlock is by default set to your ctrl key

will it work on target name? you also may to say anything you want, like 'we can bind it so it normal'
    Yes, I can say anything I want. Also, if you are only going post something dismissive, you can just skip it, it will save you time writing, and others reading.
  • picar66picar66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 118 Arc User
    if i do not want to lie about binding and telling that i dont do it, i will often (not always) be kicked from party.

And on that point if mostly everyone is accepting only supporter with bind mechanics there is something wrong. CTRL Key is binding but cant be used so exessivly as the macro bind in Dungeons.

There are a lot of People complaining about content is to easy. yes with these binding, but without them …

So i hope cryptic do something and disables this form of macro binding.
  • cherryman1cherryman1 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    I prefer being able to use the bind command because I don't want to see some of the abilities that need it effectively removed from the game without it. I don't see it as a cheat because it would cause some abilities to not be playable in game. I would rather leave the bind command in the game until a time where I can select who gets the casted ability without me having to be on top of a player I am targeting... which may also be standing on top of 4 companions whom I can also target.
    Guild Leader: Under the Influence
    Yule (Barb): 72k : Siren (TR): 78k : Torun (DC): 73k : Siren OP (OP): 76k : Siren SW (SW): 78k : Modern (F): 80k : Cherry1 (CW) : 68k Siren HR (HR): 78k
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    picar66 said:

I play a support role and when i enter endgame content the first chat message is, that i have to BIND powers to one of my group members.
    If i do not want this, then i will be thrown out of group.

Is there anybody who have same experience (kick for not binding)?

Support roles can get into groups with very little wait. If anyone tells you, you HAVE to play a certain way even if you are uncomfortable with it, tell them to kick you. Then go find a better group.