test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

XP Booster Reward doesn't work Part 2

autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
Hi,

I know I posted this before but the post was closed so I can't add this to that post and support asked me me to post what happened here just so the devs know it happened.

So, I did go through support for this issue and they did indeed find a problem with the XP Booster in the Zen promotional give away. When I used the XP booster on a new character it was only adding 2% instead of 50% additional. I don't know what the process is but from what I know about these sort of things, it might have been someone wanted to have it add 2-times but entered it wrong so it was only adding 2%.

I resolved the issue with support so I am ok now, but like I said above, they wanted me to post here so the devs could see it.

Thanks!
Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts

Comments

• autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    UPDATE:

I created a new character and have the inscribed garments and a guild boost for XP and am supposed to be gaining XP at about 50% gain but it seems to not be working right. I don't know what the problem is.

For example normally I was supposed to get 255 XP but it gave me 270? For a gain of only 15 points or about 6%? I am at level 25 now and should be way higher than that as I have done every quest as normal so far plus a dungeon run. If anything, I am behind in XP which makes no sense at all.

As you can see by the image I included, I am supposed to be receiving 57%?

Any suggestions? So, something is clearly wrong.

• poisd2strike#7598 poisd2strike Member Posts: 77 Arc User

Hi,

I know I posted this before but the post was closed so I can't add this to that post and support asked me me to post what happened here just so the devs know it happened.

So, I did go through support for this issue and they did indeed find a problem with the XP Booster in the Zen promotional give away. When I used the XP booster on a new character it was only adding 2% instead of 50% additional. I don't know what the process is but from what I know about these sort of things, it might have been someone wanted to have it add 2-times but entered it wrong so it was only adding 2%.

I resolved the issue with support so I am ok now, but like I said above, they wanted me to post here so the devs could see it.

Thanks!

I play Neverwinter on XBox. I also got the Epic XP Booster, as a Zen Charge Bonus reward. I am planning on saving it for the Neverember Incentives event, once Consoles get Mod 15, to level my character to 70 much faster along with some Tomes of XP. I am hoping to get an account-bound Runic Bag of Holding. Now, I am a bit concerned. Did your character get all of the XP they were supposed to get after contacting Support? I am hoping the issue with the Zen Charge Bonus XP Booster gets patched BEFORE we get Mod 15, especially if there is an issue with the item itself. If It doesn't get fixed prior to the Neverember Incentives Event on Consoles, Support is going to be flooded with people having issues just like what happened with people not being able to get the 5x Enchanted Keys; even after the latest Console patch (12/4). I had to file a Support ticket for that.

Hi,

Thanks!

I play Neverwinter on XBox. I also got the Epic XP Booster, as a Zen Charge Bonus reward. I am planning on saving it for the Neverember Incentives event, once Consoles get Mod 15, to level my character to 70 much faster along with some Tomes of XP. I am hoping to get an account-bound Runic Bag of Holding. Now, I am a bit concerned. Did your character get all of the XP they were supposed to get after contacting Support? I am hoping the issue with the Zen Charge Bonus XP Booster gets patched BEFORE we get Mod 15, especially if there is an issue with the item itself. If It doesn't get fixed prior to the Neverember Incentives Event on Consoles, Support is going to be flooded with people having issues just like what happened with people not being able to get the 5x Enchanted Keys; even after the latest Console patch (12/4). I had to file a Support ticket for that.
    After I looked into this its worse than I thought. I am supposed to be getting a base XP boost because I'm a level 12 VIP and when I take everything off that gives me a XP boost, boon and equipment wise, I have no XP bonus at all. I am wondering if this issue is affecting everyone in VIP at this point.

As per your question, on the character I originally started this issue with, I got her to 70 without the boost the long way by grinding. But the new character I created I am not using again until they get it sorted out.

Hi,

Thanks!

After I looked into this its worse than I thought. I am supposed to be getting a base XP boost because I'm a level 12 VIP and when I take everything off that gives me a XP boost, boon and equipment wise, I have no XP bonus at all. I am wondering if this issue is affecting everyone in VIP at this point.

As per your question, on the character I originally started this issue with, I got her to 70 without the boost the long way by grinding. But the new character I created I am not using again until they get it sorted out.
    Did Support at least indicate they are aware of the issue and plan on fixing it in a patch, hopefully BEFORE Mod 15 and Neverember Incentives hit Consoles? If not, I foresee many unhappy people including me.
    The mystery deepens! So I try her out and its all working fine! However, as soon as I equipped a new piece of equipment, it went back down to normal or below XP gain.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer

The mystery deepens! So I try her out and its all working fine! However, as soon as I equipped a new piece of equipment, it went back down to normal or below XP gain.

Did the display go back down or did the performance as well?
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited December 2018

Hi,

Thanks!

@poisd2strike#7598

"hoping to get an account-bound Runic Bag of Holding" ! ?

Keep on hoping cause that item was character bound on Pc not account LOL

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1244079/neverembers-recruitment-event-runic-bag-problem

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1244087/neveremers-recruitment-event-is-a-lie

they may have fixed it

Did the display go back down or did the performance as well?
    @nitocris83 Are the Devs aware of an issue with the Epic XP Booster the OP mentioned ? I mentioned my concern (as an Xbox player) in this thread above (December 6th). Has the Epic XP Booster rewarded from Zen Charge Bonus already been fixed on any impacted platform? If not, will it be fixed prior to Mod 15 (January 15th) and the Neverember Incentives Event on Consoles? I plan on using the Epic XP Booster, some Tomes of Experience and my Guild XP Boost to help level my character during that event.
    I can tell you that I went around and around with support who admitted XP is broke on VIP and the booster and there is nothing they can do about it. They said to post here because they can't talk to the devs directly. So all you people who have VIP are getting shorted you XP bonus from it.