test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Professions Items in the Shared Bank

bobgreenwadebobgreenwade Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 65 Arc User
I sometimes want to transfer materials and/or tools from one character to another, but they won't go into my Shared Bank slots. I, for one, would happily spend Zen on a set of special Shared Bank slots just for that purpose.
=====
Author of the Realm Hunter series of novels

Comments

• Options
    misquamacus2misquamacus2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 193 Arc User
    So would I. Having to mail them back and forth is a real pain

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    I mailed over one thousand items in the past week. I will need to mail them again today.
    However, I don't want work shelf although it helps. I want shared bank though.
    Why? Work shelf implies only those alt activated profession can use that for storage. It also implies that has to be done in workshop. I assume that will work like a guild bank which cannot be called up by VIP. I have to go to a dedicated location (workshop) to deposit and retrieve.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

I mailed over one thousand items in the past week. I will need to mail them again today.
    Why? Work shelf implies only those alt activated profession can use that for storage. It also implies that has to be done in workshop. I assume that will work like a guild bank which cannot be called up by VIP. I have to go to a dedicated location (workshop) to deposit and retrieve.

Why would they want toons that don't do professions to have access to a professions benefit?

The system got overhauled in a way that adding a work shelf makes sense. Not allowing you to find workarounds to store profession items on alt toons is not an issue to me. And the statement where you assume it would work like a guild bank is just that. An assumption. Here's another assumption. I assume a work bench can also be added as a VIP benefit so one could summon the bench wherever.
  • Options
    edited December 2018

Why would they want toons that don't do professions to have access to a professions benefit?

The system got overhauled in a way that adding a work shelf makes sense. Not allowing you to find workarounds to store profession items on alt toons is not an issue to me. And the statement where you assume it would work like a guild bank is just that. An assumption. Here's another assumption. I assume a work bench can also be added as a VIP benefit so one could summon the bench wherever.
    My assumption is based on taking Judie's words literally.

a "work shelf" in the workshop

If it can be summoned by VIP anywhere, it is something I asked for "work like shared bank" and that covers both issues.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    Work shelf would help, but not that much. I have a character with completely full professions resources inventory due to having to keep 2 copies of everything, normal and +1. I have characters who DID professions under the old system but not under the new one. I would love to transfer old professions stuff to my main crafter to help upgrade his workshop to rank 4, but mailing 1000 stacks one or 2 at a time is soul destroying.

a) why are a load of non crafting related resources stored in that inventory ? (the RD arcanic foci for example, they could go in the riches tab)
    b) why wasn't it expanded when this new system was implemented

A shared crafting bank would sort my problem, a workshelf would make me do the crafting quests on characters that otherwise don't need to do them so is very much second best.

• Options
    lordrhavinlordrhavin Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    Why not just make the tools and materials tab *accountwide*?
  • Options

Why not just make the tools and materials tab *accountwide*?

I am not against this but I don't want the side effect if the dev just does that "literally".

The side effect is if they don't expand their capacity, that will be a disaster.
    They need to expand the tool and materials to 10+ times (prefer unlimited) to current capacity. I have toon max'ed out their tool capacity and has to mail them around.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    "Account-wide" won't help when using the new tools that become btc on use.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    As far as expanding the tool and materials tab, I'd be happy enough with double the size. So far I've only had one character punching the limit and having to sell off stuff.

The main thrust of my original post, though, was so I could work with a situation where Character A has stuff that he doesn't need, but Character B does need but doesn't have. Mailing these items is one way to do it, but using some sort of shared storage, such as Bank slots or the proposed Work Shelf, would make it much easier.
    =====
  • Options
    nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User

I have toon max'ed out their tool capacity and has to mail them around.

Pretty sure you're an extreme outlier in this regard. Besides, if you're mailing tools around, then that character isn't using them. So is that character making them? Are you simply storing tools on that character?
  • Options
    edited February 2019

I have toon max'ed out their tool capacity and has to mail them around.

Pretty sure you're an extreme outlier in this regard. Besides, if you're mailing tools around, then that character isn't using them. So is that character making them? Are you simply storing tools on that character?
    No, not using them. I made tools for 'workshop' upgrade for various characters. I choose tool because it does not take regular inventory space and there are relatively a lot of tool space. I just let characters keeps on making them. Then, they will overflow the tool inventory space before the 'commission' day. Hence, I will mail about one hundred to the 'target' toon every time I know it is going to overflow. If the 'target' toon is also overflow, I will need to mail to another toon who is not making tool for commission.

There are only 2 days in 16 days rotation will take what I make. When that day comes, I mail the tools to the character(s) who need that for workshop upgrade. By the way, today is that day. So, I will mail a few hundred tools and yes, that will take forever. :(
  • Options
    grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User

A couple weeks ago someone on the forums suggested a "work shelf" in the workshop that served as a shared bank for materials and tools. The rest of the team seemed to be interested in the idea so it may be something we explore.

You could even use it as a RETAINER tab and scrool down to get transferred items.
  • Options
    mystar#5733 mystar Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    A work shelf would be cool, but a chest would be cool with a certain number of slots like the crafting chest has....maybe 2x more slots and upgrades to unlock them....and maybe an upgrade to a bigger chest that doubles the slots with an unlocking system. it'd be cool if we could store some profession items in bags/pouches and be able to close them with the items in them to store in the bank or chest. Not sure how difficult it would be to code that...but would be nice to have even for some small items like jewelry, stones and enchantments.
  • Options
    Mostly I just want to be able to transfer Chultan and Masterwork materials around. Tools would be great too.

Whether it's something in the Workshop or part of the Banking portal, I don't much care. I'd just really, really like to have it.
    =====