test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dark Revelry on Fury.

ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
Which feats are worth taking and losing in favor of diving 15 points into temptation?

Comments

• rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    If you're running Fury, you're either soloing, your team is building around you as the main DPS, or your team is so abysmally bad that you need to contribute damage of your own. In all of those scenarios, you are best off in maximizing your damage output and thus keeping all the typical DPS feats.

Besides, Dark Revelry is not worth pursuing on a DPS build and is barely passable on support builds by virtue of picking the least bad option. Revelry acts as a multiplier on base Power, which is functionally similar to gaining and giving the team a free Watermelon Sorbet. I would not give up things like Executioner's Gift, Brutal Curse, or Murderous Flames for Revelry.

• ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    rjc9000 said:

If you're running Fury, you're either soloing, your team is building around you as the main DPS, or your team is so abysmally bad that you need to contribute damage of your own. In all of those scenarios, you are best off in maximizing your damage output and thus keeping all the typical DPS feats.

Besides, Dark Revelry is not worth pursuing on a DPS build and is barely passable on support builds by virtue of picking the least bad option. Revelry acts as a multiplier on base Power, which is functionally similar to gaining and giving the team a free Watermelon Sorbet. I would not give up things like Executioner's Gift, Brutal Curse, or Murderous Flames for Revelry.

Not even for damnation? Never did bother trying to use some of those extra damage feats from there, since there are too many feats to choose from.

Was skeptical of it for Fury, since trying out full fury spec and seeing my damage skyrocket from the normal.
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    ghoulz66 said:

rjc9000 said:

Not even for damnation? Never did bother trying to use some of those extra damage feats from there, since there are too many feats to choose from.

Was skeptical of it for Fury, since trying out full fury spec and seeing my damage skyrocket from the normal.
    I'm skeptical of the entire Damnation tree, even after the rework. The only thing in it I'll touch is the PoP feat for my HB AoE and Temptation builds, and I stop at Parting Blasphemy for Soulbinder since I have 5 points leftover after taking everything I want in Fury.

Maybe there's something I'm missing, but I'm at that point where I need someone else to show me how a Damnation spec is any good, because I haven't managed to figure out the secret if it exists.

But no, I would agree that there's no point in taking Dark Revelry on any dedicated DPS spec. Temptation is the only spec that can afford to take it, and that's simply because they need to put the points somewhere. It's not a useless feat, but it isn't that great, either.

Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• lordtweety#3604 lordtweety Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    ghoulz66 said:

Which feats are worth taking and losing in favor of diving 15 points into temptation?

None. As others have mentioned, it isn't worth it.
    Main: Angels Scar
    Guild: Ruathym Corsairs