test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Master Crafted Gear - Mod 15 Changes - My Views

I disagree with the changes that happened to MC gear in mod 15. It basically made all players efforts irrelevant to acquire the Primal, Pioneer, Sun, or Tyrant weapons. On top of that, artifact neck and waist from mod 13 and 14 become less desirable over the MC neck and waist gear; this includes MC2 as the older gear offers better stats now.

Honestly all the hard work and farming completed is once again a waste of time and resources. I'm pretty sure gear in mod 15 will be good for one mod and than come mod 16 new weapons, armor, etc... will once again be released causing us to swap out again. As someone who tries to keep his DC with nearly best gear this is becoming a nuisance and quiet frankly discouraging. I don't mind chasing the 4 primary pieces of armor for my character but needing to change weapons, neck, waist, and one or two companions almost every mod becomes a bit too much of a pain.

I would have preferred MC4 gear being released with the higher IL gear. That would have made more sense as MC3 gear is already in the game, close to a year old, and the stats of it should not be adjusted.

IMO, the constant changing is not needed. By doing this you are simply making it easier for character who should not be in end game have the gear score for end game. I feel as if the devs failed to understand their own game. Has any dev actually tried to play CR using random Q? I have and I see plenty of randoms that are 13-15K with no idea how to play their character because it is so easy now to reach end game IL? CR is impossible to beat because the randoms don't run the right gear they simply chase IL and this hurts the game.

Thanks for ruining any fun I had with the game now that I looked into what I may acquire for mod 15. And at this point, I am not even sure what I plan to chase the better gear given my disgust with most of mod 15 changes. The only thing I liked with mod was the CW and DO changes but even those are being outweighed by the sheer stupidity of the decision to increase IL/stats of older MC gear.

I was looking forward to staying around to see mod 16 but with looking into what I need for mod 15 to keep my DC, CW and GF relevant, I'm not sure what I will do at this point.

What are other players thoughts on the changes to MC gear. Do you like the changes or dislike them? Please share as I dislike the decision to upgrade older MC gear and no new gear being released.

Comments

• kiraskytowerkiraskytower Member Posts: 455 Arc User

I disagree with the changes that happened to MC gear in mod 15. It basically made all players efforts irrelevant to acquire the Primal, Pioneer, Sun, or Tyrant weapons. On top of that, artifact neck and waist from mod 13 and 14 become less desirable over the MC neck and waist gear; this includes MC2 as the older gear offers better stats now.

So just how much effort really went into acquiring primal weapons in Mod 14? You could so it running nothing but leveling dungeons or running around the River District for a few hours spamming Heroic Encounters. Primal Weapons were basically freebies in Mod 14. Pioneer weapons were likewise fairly easy to get by doing little more than just going through the Omu part of the Chult campaign.

Now compare it to how much effort is required to make a top end masterwork weapon ....

For a Control Wizard, you are looking at having to farm a minimum of 12 bronzewood logs, a staggering 45 things of Jute from Omu, a dozen feathers, 24 gold ore, 8 alum, pus raw sphene and rubelite, not to mention several Red Rouge, some Tincal and a pile of Lakh resin (15 I think?) plus 5 or so trebinth. Oh ... and then you have to assume you don't screw it up with unlucky RNG. So on a bad day it's possible to gather all of that ... then go start over again because RNG was against you. It's probably close to 100K guild marks for all of this (less with a high level explorer's guild, but still). Then after all this .... you still need the off hand too. Oh ... and did we mention the amount of effort and expense just to get the skills to actually MAKE one of these?

If your metric is the amount of effort it takes to get the weapons, Masterwork weapons should be head and shoulders above any other weapon in the game because they take far, far more effort to get than any other weapon in the game.
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Winter Lily (CW) / Winter Rose (DC) / Winter Ivy (HR)
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • aerhythia#3255 aerhythia Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    What isn't a mess about Mod 15?

MW3 should indeed have always been stronger (for dps purposes). Although it's really weird to make them stronger a year later. I guess they didn't want to introduce new recipes and resources especially with the whole professions rework.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

What isn't a mess about Mod 15?

MW3 should indeed have always been stronger (for dps purposes). Although it's really weird to make them stronger a year later. I guess they didn't want to introduce new recipes and resources especially with the whole professions rework.

Simple solution is make +1 version better than the current stuff and call it a day. I would have no issue with +1 gear being better, even the older stuff. This would make running FBI, MSPC, etc... worth our time as these places have MC2 crafting resources that would be used to help create +1 gear.

I would be fine if the Devs did this.

MC2 +1 is 20IL higher than mod 13/14 gear
    MC3 +1 is 40IL higher than mod 13/14 gear

So just how much effort really went into acquiring primal weapons in Mod 14? You could so it running nothing but leveling dungeons or running around the River District for a few hours spamming Heroic Encounters. Primal Weapons were basically freebies in Mod 14. Pioneer weapons were likewise fairly easy to get by doing little more than just going through the Omu part of the Chult campaign.

Now compare it to how much effort is required to make a top end masterwork weapon ....

For a Control Wizard, you are looking at having to farm a minimum of 12 bronzewood logs, a staggering 45 things of Jute from Omu, a dozen feathers, 24 gold ore, 8 alum, pus raw sphene and rubelite, not to mention several Red Rouge, some Tincal and a pile of Lakh resin (15 I think?) plus 5 or so trebinth. Oh ... and then you have to assume you don't screw it up with unlucky RNG. So on a bad day it's possible to gather all of that ... then go start over again because RNG was against you. It's probably close to 100K guild marks for all of this (less with a high level explorer's guild, but still). Then after all this .... you still need the off hand too. Oh ... and did we mention the amount of effort and expense just to get the skills to actually MAKE one of these?

If your metric is the amount of effort it takes to get the weapons, Masterwork weapons should be head and shoulders above any other weapon in the game because they take far, far more effort to get than any other weapon in the game.
    Mod 14 changes to seals was a joke and still is. That change and any change where players are awarded the latest seals for simply running older dungeons ruins the game and makes it easier to gear up. This results in players who should not be in end game in end game. IMO, seals should not be removed from the game and older seals should be used to help players gear up appropriately but NWO is not about that; it is about turning a quick profit. And from what I can tell that is all I'm seeing in Mod 15 with MC changes and class changes.

As a side note, Tyrant was much harder to acquire than MC3 set as you could change zone to improve your RNG for material whereas the Tyrant trophy drop rate was horrid and getting the Tyrant weapons took a lot more time and resources to acquire than MC3 weapons.

Also, if you only got Primal in mod 14, than you were not good enough to run T9 a bunch during mod 13 to acquire them earlier. As for the pioneer set, if you ran alts to acquire the shirt and pants than you could acquire the pioneer set earlier other wise it took some farming to acquire them.

Since mod 15 really doesn't have anything I need for my DC I may just take a break and come back for mod 16.
  • kiraskytowerkiraskytower Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited November 2018

Simple solution is make +1 version better than the current stuff and call it a day. I would have no issue with +1 gear being better, even the older stuff. This would make running FBI, MSPC, etc... worth our time as these places have MC2 crafting resources that would be used to help create +1 gear.

Given the effort involved in masterwork making just the +1 version better would be a slap in the face to whose who spent the time and effort to unlock masterwork. Go through all the effort of making a weapon just to hope that you *might* get a saleable weapons (ie. a +1)?? No thanks.

Also, if you only got Primal in mod 14, than you were not good enough to run T9 a bunch during mod 13 to acquire them earlier. As for the pioneer set, if you ran alts to acquire the shirt and pants than you could acquire the pioneer set earlier other wise it took some farming to acquire them.

Since mod 15 really doesn't have anything I need for my DC I may just take a break and come back for mod 16.

I got my primal weapons back in Mod 13 when we ran TONG for them over and over and over. It still wasn't that difficult to get them as our alliance group usually plowed through TONG in 30 min or less and we did much of it on a double seals weekend. Still far easier to get than finishing the quests and dealing with the harsh RNG to get artificing to Masterwork V ...

Most of the content in Mod 15 is the new crafting system, and so like every new module, new content means better gear. If you want to stick your head in the sand and wait for Mod 16 to bring you new weapons, that's up to you. But who is to say they won't be just as hard/expensive/whatever to get? (Remember what a pain Relic weapons were to get to legendary? And then the next mod they introduced new weapons ... ).
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Winter Lily (CW) / Winter Rose (DC) / Winter Ivy (HR)
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • aerhythia#3255 aerhythia Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Sunset is also hard to restore since sunset shard are rare drop from Strahd and you need like 12 - 14 or something like that.

I would be fine if the Devs did this.

MC2 +1 is 20IL higher than mod 13/14 gear
    MC3 +1 is 40IL higher than mod 13/14 gear

But then it would be better to have a unique recipe or a craftable item to vivify MW3 weapons into +1.

I agree about the crafting resources though, it would be fun to be able to get more stuff from dungeons for highests tier MW recipes.

• namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User

I disagree with the changes that happened to MC gear in mod 15. It basically made all players efforts irrelevant to acquire the Primal, Pioneer, Sun, or Tyrant weapons.

You do know that people paid through the nose for MW weapons when there were totally viable free or near-free options. The bump in MW weapons is the best part of mod 15 for me.

On top of that, artifact neck and waist from mod 13 and 14 become less desirable over the MC neck and waist gear; this includes MC2 as the older gear offers better stats now.

The CoDG cloak and belt can be purchased for a total of under 7K AD in the AH. I bet that is more desirable to many people compared to the 4 mio AD for the MW cloak and belt.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited November 2018

Strange. I did not hear you complain about the effort to obtain MW 2 gear being made irrelevant when the Primal/Pioneer/Tyrant gear was introduced.

Seriously though - I would say the tiers are proper now. You can get the best gear (MW 3) with a lot of effort, or at a considerable expense....or get somewhat worse gear (Primal/Pioneer) easily. Sun, yeah - well, it requires a lot of effort, but considering that it was never BiS except in Barovia, not many people wanted that anyhow, as people expected it to become obsolete with the next mod, so the "effort" would kind of be wasted anyhow. As for Tyrant, well - quite frankly I consider it badly designed, and the effort required to obtain that a waste from the beginning.

How, I would not be surprised if Mod 16 brought a new tier of gear, maybe IL 590 (upgradable to 600), which would outperform the current MW 3 gear for DPSers.

Hoping for improvements...
    adinosii said:

Strange. I did not hear you complain about the effort to obtain MW 2 gear being made irrelevant when the Primal/Pioneer/Tyrant gear was introduced.

Seriously though - I would say the tiers are proper now. You can get the best gear (MW 3) with a lot of effort, or at a considerable expense....or get somewhat worse gear (Primal/Pioneer) easily. Sun, yeah - well, it requires a lot of effort, but considering that it was never BiS except in Barovia, not many people wanted that anyhow, as people expected it to become obsolete with the next mod, so the "effort" would kind of be wasted anyhow. As for Tyrant, well - quite frankly I consider it badly designed, and the effort required to obtain that a waste from the beginning.

How, I would not be surprised if Mod 16 brought a new tier of gear, maybe IL 590 (upgradable to 600), which would outperform the current MW 3 gear for DPSers.

I wouldn't be surprised either if Mod 16 we get new weapons that would become BiS for DPS. Probably 580 or 590 and they won't have enhancements like mod 13 weapons.

As for MC2 I didn't complain because we also got MC3 gear at the same time as Pioneer, Tyrant, etc... weapons in mod 13.

The issue I have is that the gear released at the same time as MC3 gear in mod 13 is now inferior. Many players including myself went with other sets based on what we read, heard or discussed with friends.

Move to mod 15 and now MC gear is best, in fact even MC2 gear is better than the weapons we have in mod 14. If the devs made MC2 the same il, say 520 and made MC3 540 with it being enhanced, the impact would be a bit less on the player base the desire to acquire the MC3 set may not be as high, keeping the pricing within reason. This is all before add +1 to the mix which would be another 10il for whatever MC item you make.

But that is not what happened and I am just annoyed at this point that I have to go out again and acquire more artifact gear that should not be needed so soon but is. Just more of annoyance at this point. At least I have a little bit of time to get this stuff before mod 15 lands on console.
  • titiope#8875 titiope Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    With mod 15 hunt change it take 2 hours of farming to do a t3 hunt. So tyrant weapon are pretty easy to obtain now. Except the sun set all the weapon set are easier to obtain than mw so im okay with the mwiii boost
    edited November 2018

With mod 15 hunt change it take 2 hours of farming to do a t3 hunt. So tyrant weapon are pretty easy to obtain now. Except the sun set all the weapon set are easier to obtain than mw so im okay with the mwiii boost

That is good news for anyone wanting the Rex or anything from the Tyrant. I remember farming the heck out of those for my Rex and the three tyrant lores for the chain scale upgrade item. Never again do I want to run those, lol...

As for needing MC gear, like I said it is an annoyance more than anything else. I already got my stuff but it is annoying doing all of that refining of my gear again.