test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neveremer's Recruitment event is a LIE!

robai#6206 robai Member Posts: 344 Arc User
edited November 2018 in Player Feedback (PC)
This what the event tooltip promised:

But this is what we get instead:

Comments

• evemjevemj Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    You bought from incentive store and it was char bound?
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    "The Heart of Fire module brings with it our new Neverember’s Recruitment event. Any new characters who log in during this event will earn extra rewards while leveling as well as Neverember Incentives which can be exchanged for account wide rewards. Note: Characters who log in as a level 1 during the event are eligible, they do not have to be created during the event but must be level 1. "

Where does it say in there that the things earned while leveling will not be bound to the character?

It says that the things that you buy with the Neverember Incentives will be "account-wide rewards", and this can be interpreted in different ways and I wish that they would be more specific, but it makes no such claim for the leveling rewards.
  • robai#6206 robai Member Posts: 344 Arc User

Where does it say in there that the things earned while leveling will not be bound to the character?

Here:

edited November 2018
    Ah, I found it.

If you open the info page from the home page in the game then mouse over the items that is what it says.

Yes. That is a problem.

I absolutely understand them not wanting this to be a means for players to give all of these reward items to all of their other characters, but yes, they should fix the tooltips.
  • robai#6206 robai Member Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited November 2018

Ah, I found it.

If you open the info page from the home page in the game then mouse over the items that is what it says.

• noworries#8859 noworries Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 651 Cryptic Developer
    Item information links are simply links to a base item. It does not list what the bind status will be coming out of a given reward table where it can be modified to be any bind status. Those linked tooltips should not be counted on for the final bind status, this is true of all of our events that have linked item information.

That's why we try to cover it by adding sections like this to the release blogs for events:

"The rewards received from the Adventurer level-up packs are Bound to Character on Pickup. The items from the store for the event are Bound to Account on Pickup. "

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11012733-developer-blog:-neverember's-recruitment-event

But we could have been clearer/reiterated this in the in-game event listing as well.
  • liquidwillv#4568 liquidwillv Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Thanks for this post now I definitely won't be doing this event either.. Saves more time to play better stuff
  • sgtpostal#4408 sgtpostal Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    man this event aint evn on console yet an i kno i wont be participating in it.......
  • gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    edited November 2018

Item information links are simply links to a base item. It does not list what the bind status will be coming out of a given reward table where it can be modified to be any bind status. Those linked tooltips should not be counted on for the final bind status, this is true of all of our events that have linked item information.

That's why we try to cover it by adding sections like this to the release blogs for events:

"The rewards received from the Adventurer level-up packs are Bound to Character on Pickup. The items from the store for the event are Bound to Account on Pickup. "

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11012733-developer-blog:-neverember's-recruitment-event

But we could have been clearer/reiterated this in the in-game event listing as well.

That means that non-consumables like Runic bags are completely HAMSTER useless. Make it BTA, sure, but not BTC.
  • roguedemonhunter#1500 roguedemonhunter Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Oh gawds..... I knew most of the items were bound to character because i moused over each. All BUT the Greater Bag were meant to and i knew that. In fact I thought the mouse-over text when I started he event said the Greater Bag would be account bound (so nobody thus would be farming it for AD sales)

Thus it gave me and apparently others a reward for the ACCOUNT itself of the person doing the event. So in the hopes and dreams of being able to put that thing on the questing character that needed one the most....

Nope apparently...

So I just made a 3rd warlock... for nothing? Because there was certainly no long awaited new class to enjoy making a new character on an already loaded stable of alts---- (And for the love of heaven just put them out already! The endless balancing will never be finished-- Just damn the torpedoes and put them out- PUT THEM ALL OUT :) ALLL OF THEM. 3 years waiting for me and I fully understand many many more years for older members of the player base. Endless balancing is a Worm Oroboros! Put them out please!

Errr... um got off track there.

I tell you those two slots (minimum) bought with zen were acquired just to have a slot for this event precisely. Had it not been for that tantalizing bag of of "Account Bound Holding" I was expecting thanks to the tool tip read-over I would not have bought them.... Because this--

----I already had at the time 2 warlocks, 2 clerics, 3 GWF, 2 paladins, 2 trickster rogues, 3 hunter rangers, 2 cont wizards and one GF...

I was not looking for another one. I was being a good sport- leveling a class I find enjoyable enough to do extra times to participate in this very event with the hopes of account bound you darn well know what.

Anyway, color me disappointed... I won't stop leveling it, cause at the very least it's more celestial coins for bags for slim chance at account bound pres and coal wards... Also I gave him a cool name and spent half hour in the character gen fine tuning face and bod -thank goodness I resisted the comedy name of "Baggy McBaggerson"- but dang it Neverwinter! I hate to use the term here but this was nearly "bait and switch"... I know mistakes happen with codes but tell us in advance please what items in an event will do... Bindwise. (not a real word but using it) Not being able to move this stuff around on our own accounts is crippling and needless mean. That goes for winter event too. Enough with CHARACTER binding already. We get it. You don't want it flooding the market. Account bind accomplishes this better without annoying your long time players... or new ones.

It's important.

My grumbly and rambling two cents. :(

Post edited by roguedemonhunter#1500 on
  • darkstarrfoffdarkstarrfoff Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    I'm more annoyed with the fact that the bound char items are only for brand new alts even if you saved the boxes or didn't level the characters until now.
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    made new alt and only got 65 recruitment tokens, and heard about "200" per account. sound like you want players to make 3 new characters to get 200 points?
    edited November 2018
    wylonus said:

made new alt and only got 65 recruitment tokens, and heard about "200" per account. sound like you want players to make 3 new characters to get 200 points?

I think that it's 45 for leveling, another 55 from the AI campaign, and then you can do it twice to get two characters each to a hundred. Or maybe it's 55 for leveling and 45 from the campaign.

Of course you could always make more characters and spread them thinner, but that is my understanding of the whole thing.
    They weren't exactly clear about how many could be earned or account maximums up front and I am still working my way through things.
    thanks for checking mith, to confirm
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,214 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    The incentive is character bound. The prize you can get using incentive is account bound. If the runic bag costs 100 incentive and you spread your incentive more than 2 toon, you may not have one toon that has 100 incentive to buy the bag.

Since it is time gated by AI campaign, my current approach is to do 2 new characters (I started them on last Thursday, a bit late). Move them to level 25 (which allows them to do egg in AI campaign). I probably can level the rest through invocation and the remaining AI quests. If not, I still have tons of XP tome.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • The incentive is character bound. The prize you can get using incentive is account bound. If the runic bag costs 100 incentive and you spread your incentive more than 2 toon, you may not have one toon that has 100 incentive to buy the bag.

Since it is time gated by AI campaign, my current approach is to do 2 new characters (I started them on last Thursday, a bit late). Move them to level 25 (which allows them to do egg in AI campaign). I probably can level the rest through invocation and the remaining AI quests. If not, I still have tons of XP tome.

That's a relief. Thank you.

so i were suppose to get 100 points? i thought so, since i check recruit vendor has few items priced at 100.

when i stop at 65, then i got confused. where the rest of it.
    i dont like having so many "2nd thoughts" and other players make assumations and often wrong answers, we need exactly words from devs for right answers.
  • noworries#8859 noworries Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 651 Cryptic Developer
    wylonus said:

so i were suppose to get 100 points? i thought so, since i check recruit vendor has few items priced at 100.

when i stop at 65, then i got confused. where the rest of it.
    i dont like having so many "2nd thoughts" and other players make assumations and often wrong answers, we need exactly words from devs for right answers.

There is information in the in-game event window that does explain some of that:

"New characters created during this event will receive bonus rewards while leveling up and when completing Acquisitions Incorporated campaign tasks.

One of these rewards are Neverember Incentives which are used to purchase items from the Seven Suns Coster Market that can be used by any character on the account.

An account can receive a maximum of 200 Neverember Incentives."

are you saying we get 200 pts on 1 alt?

i do have trouble getting the info the right way, what i read in game was seem too vague, and some players said one thing and other said completely way off.
    nice to hear from devs saying it, thank you, and hope i didnt make post bait, since it is how i feel and often misunderstood.
    edited November 2018
    wylonus said:

are you saying we get 200 pts on 1 alt?

He did not say anything close to that at all.
    he only re-posted the known information.

"An account can receive a maximum of 200 Neverember Incentives."

That does not say how many incentives one alt can get.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    thanks plasticbat, that really clear up. no longer confused.
  • weltonchabweltonchab Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3 Arc User
    They must give me my xp boost back cause its a waste of money for a bounded bag on a character ill never use again :s

They must give me my xp boost back cause its a waste of money for a bounded bag on a character ill never use again :s

The runic bag that you can buy using 100 incentive is not character bound. It is account bound.
  • friimyndfriimynd Member Posts: 4 New User
    leveling rewards are always character bound, in any game
    definitely don't level a character to 52 or whatever if you will never play it again, even if there IS a bag you can get for another character; i mean, seriously... cmon grinder, wake up to reality
    where are the bank slots? didnt all characters suppose to get free bonus 12 slots as they reach 70 levels? sound like con job to me. there is no way when newly made "recruited' alt or new players stayed so long with limited 12 slots while doing Sharandar, Dread Ring, and Icewind Dales,

it is bottleneck inventory, made it difficult to do dragons, barovia, skt or chult adventures. i see another paywall bait. seem not nice to invest 50-70 dollars or more just to upgrade bank and runic bags per character?
    edited December 2018
    wylonus said:

where are the bank slots? didnt all characters suppose to get free bonus 12 slots as they reach 70 levels? sound like con job to me. there is no way when newly made "recruited' alt or new players stayed so long with limited 12 slots while doing Sharandar, Dread Ring, and Icewind Dales,

it is bottleneck inventory, made it difficult to do dragons, barovia, skt or chult adventures. i see another paywall bait. seem not nice to invest 50-70 dollars or more just to upgrade bank and runic bags per character?

I never heard you would have more bank slots just because you reach level 70.
    I have many level 70 alts that have only the default 16 bank slots.

The newly made "recruited" alts actually are nice in terms of inventory. The 2 new characters I made have more inventory than most of my established characters. Perfect for doing profession from scratch to make gold.
    My main profession character has 114 inventory space vs 138 inventory space of the new characters and they have not even get the 12 slot bag from Neverdeath.
  • aerthynaerthyn Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    You don't get additional bank slots when you get to 70 - never have and I've made lots of toons. The only things you get free are the bags for completing quests, and for those who take advantage of the Neverember incentive 2 additional bags.
    oops, not 12 slots, it was 16 slots, i do remember almost 2 years ago when they gave us a free 16 extra slots after mod 6 due to multiple champaigns added due to quest items, potions, and other misc items before they went to key tab and changes to refine system.
    rest of other slots are for zen.

if no one remembers, then it could be STO when they gave free bank slots.
    wylonus said:

oops, not 12 slots, it was 16 slots, i do remember almost 2 years ago when they gave us a free 16 extra slots after mod 6 due to multiple champaigns added due to quest items, potions, and other misc items before they went to key tab and changes to refine system.
    rest of other slots are for zen.

if no one remembers, then it could be STO when they gave free bank slots.

I don't think so. Most of my old alt have only 16 slots (because I did not buy bank slot for them).