test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Professions Bug Involving Wondrous Sprocket Crafting

caldochaud#4880 caldochaud Member Posts: 213 Arc User
edited November 2018 in Bug Reports (PC)
I have been fighting with the new Professions system.

I tried to order repeatable Wondrous Sprocket crafting but after logging in several hours later I find that I only got one Wondrous Sprocket per order with no repeats. To make matters worse, I will have three crafters set to craft said Wondrous Sprocket with repeats, and close the window only to double check and find nobody crafting ANYTHING! There are no orders at all!

I retry to enter the orders a second time and then a third until the orders FINALLY take hold.

I have no idea at this point if Resources and Gold has been used but I am VERY disheartened to put it mildly.

Update: I am now experiencing placing an order to have a crafter make a Wondrous Sprocket only to have the order auto-delete upon closing the UI. If I try to have more than one crafter craft a Wondrous Sprocket, the new crafter auto-deletes the previous crafter from the order list and consumes the resources as if the order had failed. I am hemorrhaging resources on account of this glitch!

If I may be brutally honest, your new Professions system is a dud.
"Talent is a flame. Genius is a fire." - Sir Bernard Williams
Post edited by caldochaud#4880 on

Comments

• andijaneandijane Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I agree... wonder what the down side to not even doing professions is? I worked so hard for years on professions and now i'm back to square one it seems. They made a boring and tedious thing even more boring and tedious!!!
  • asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer
    Thank you for the report, we are aware of an issue wherein Wonders of Gond tasks do not properly behave when set to repeat. We ask that while the event is running this time around that you craft sprockets with morale or set them to run a single time.

Please note that if they are set to repeat, the task should simply fail to start a second time and not consume any resources or materials. We are investigating whether there are any further issues caused by this bug.
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    I'm experiencing this issue with queued profession tasks not related to the event item. The order automatically deletes itself for no apparent reason when there are sufficient materials of the correct type and also gold to fund the tasks.

E.g. Slate Whetstone task was set the previous day but completed once upon login, then vanished from orders. Task had been set to use normal quality Slate, of which there was sufficient quantity to continue crafting, and gold was available to fund the craft.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• caldochaud#4880 caldochaud Member Posts: 213 Arc User
    I apologize for losing my patience with the new crafting system.

I get the gist of what you are trying to do... but the presentation is still feels severely hamstrung. Maybe its just little too over complicated compared to having the nine crafters in the old system just doing the job minus all of the leg-work. However, I actually gave up on crafting the Wondrous Sprockets because I was losing too much crafting materials - not from crafting failures but because I was apparently consuming double the Steel Ingots. In the long run, it was easier for me to just farm npcs to get the basic drops and refine them (even though I did experience a surprising number of refining failures in spite of the stated 80%-95% refinement success rates).
    "Talent is a flame. Genius is a fire." - Sir Bernard Williams