test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Workshop - Cannot dismiss unwanted artisans

pesmergakuragaripesmergakuragari Member Posts: 38 Arc User
As of the most recent patch I go to dismiss a low quality artisan application there's no information on the artisan, and I get the following message, see screenshot:
2018-11-15-16-12-48-Game-Client

Comments

• kadven#5862 kadven Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    Agreed. This new bug appeared after the latest update. Display of information appears to be a bit random, but the error where it is now impossible to dismiss new applications is 100% if you are at your maximum number of artisans. Annoying new bug.
  • asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer
    Thanks for the report. We believe the inability to hit decline when your artisans are full has been there the entire time, and we have a fix incoming. As far as the artisan not showing up in the list, did they show up when you closed and re-opened the window? We have seen this internally only once and never been able to reproduce it, but we are investigating the issue.
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    Confirm that. Got this bugged after last upd.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Just happened to me. Have an alchemist's application (go figure) that I do not want, but can not just decline it and move on.

Edit: Not going to say that it will work for anyone else, but I released another employee and the decline option reappeared.

Not recommended if you have the professions, if not the employees, exactly where you want them, but it is a way to get through the stack if you have have some dead weight hanging around the shop.
  • reddevilbsreddevilbs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 84 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

Thanks for the report. We believe the inability to hit decline when your artisans are full has been there the entire time, and we have a fix incoming. As far as the artisan not showing up in the list, did they show up when you closed and re-opened the window? We have seen this internally only once and never been able to reproduce it, but we are investigating the issue.

Not, it was not. The inability to decline unwanted artisans started after the last patch at 15th NOV.
  • kadven#5862 kadven Member Posts: 55 Arc User

asterdahl said:

Not, it was not. The inability to decline unwanted artisans started after the last patch at 15th NOV.
    Agreed. This bug was definitely not there before the latest update. If you do delete an existing 'employed' artisan, it is then possible to delete the new applicants. In other words seems that the verification checks that apply to the 'ACCEPT' button have been duplicated to the 'DECLINE' button.
  • yppo#1635 yppo Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    Can also confirm that this showed up only after 15th NOV patch. Could decline applications with full workers before that. As a workaround I am now leaving one spot open...
  • caspatia2#9228 caspatia2 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    This same thing just happened to me (the new applicant's photo disappeared, and the decline button is not working). I opened and closed the applicant window a few times, but it didn't fix the issue. So I closed the game completely, and logged back in, and I could see the new applicant's photo again, but the decline button still didn't work. :(
    asterdahl said:

I had zero problem declining alchemists when my roster was full before. This has not been there the entire time.

Also, just today I had my first case of not seeing any info on the artisan.
    I went ahead and took the shot, dismissed someone and hired the invisible applicant and then the next application in the stack was fine.

Still couldn't just decline the application like I should be able to, but I was able to see who it was that was applying.
  • faldaril#4027 faldaril Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    I have the same problem with two of my alchemists, I can't use them to work and I can't dismiss them, so I have two slot blocked.
    "Siamo solo delle piadine in mano hai potenti della terra" (Cit. Complottista Anonimo Facebook)- Professional AoE Tester - Doom of Healers and Tanks

I have the same problem with two of my alchemists, I can't use them to work and I can't dismiss them, so I have two slot blocked.

You can not dismiss them? That is a different issue, then.

This is a problem with declining applications if your roster is full.
    You should be able to dismiss one of your alchemists if you do not want them and then either hire the first applicant on the stack or just decline their application at that point and see who else might be applying.

That is how I have been able to get through the application stack.
    It is far from perfect, but it is a workaround for the issue here.

Again though, if you can not dismiss workers that you have hired, that is a new and different bug.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    I have encountered something similar (but not exactly) to the diagram in the first post.
    I dismissed one artisan in a different screen.
    I went back to check the application. The application/resume was blank with "Accept" and "Decline" were both active (because I did not reach the limit as I had just dismissed one artisan to make room).
    Since I guessed that was probably the same one I checked the application/resume last time (when my roster reached the limit), I declined it.
    Then, the next one came out properly. The next one was the one I wanted.

So, the bug I wanted to report is "A blank application" (but the 'Accept' and 'Decline' button active as it should if a proper application was displayed).

As other said, the picture in the first post is not the 'dismissal' screen. It is the new application screen.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***