test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Heart of Fire Launch Week Issues

Comments

• mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    ilithyn said:

Found a new bug in the artisan application system. (Yeah I know, shocker.)

My toon went to her desk, saw there was five (5) applications. Since she was at max artisans (14) and most of those were useless alchemists I don't want I decided to dismiss some of them before viewing because I've several times run into the bug that if I view an application I want, then hit back to fire someone, then when I view that application a second time the page is just blank and the accept button is blanked out.
    In fact this bug may be related to that one as well as to @mithrosnomore's with a dismissed artisan replacing the person yu've just hired.
    What happened was this. I fired three alchemists with lousy stats that no sane person would want to employ and viewed the five application already waiting on my desk. All three alchemists were applying.
    I repeat. The application were already on my desk I simply hadn't viewed them yet, yet the artisans I fired before viewing those application still managed to apply. How the hell does that even work?
    Okay I can guess that it works in that which artisan applies only is determined by the RNG at the moment I decide to view an application, so that an useless artisan I fired two seconds ago can have the sheer chutzpah to reapply. But seriously? There should at minimum be a cooldown on someone you just sacked reapplying.

Yeah, I reported this one earlier.

Between multiple applications being from the same artisan and artisans that you just fired suddenly getting their application in the stack, it only reinforces the alchemists near-monopolization of the application process at this time.

Edit: Just logged in to clear my delivery box and check applications.

5 Applications waiting for me.

The first three were all Nayat Al-Abta (or however it is spelled) and then last two were both Kefhen Jorola.

And the sad thing is that this is not even the biggest problem remaining with the new module.

The reason I only checked deliveries and applications was because with that new toon I see no reason to progress further by playing since I am up against the two missions in Neverdeath that people are talking about being broken, and now I am hearing that stuff in Helm's hold is broken, too.

Need to fix this stuff.
    Post edited by mithrosnomore on
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    @mithrosnomore Ah, didn't see you had that one also :/ But man, with all the pages upon pages of bug reports for mod 15 and 95% of them being about the new profession system I'm not at all surprised I missed something.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    Just to add about professions, how the hell legendary gathering tools benefit from recycling? There are no resources for the tasks.. And every single listed legendary tool for gathering is recycle..

What's the point of that?
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Hi folks! The team has been making fixes as quickly as possible and we are implementing them and testing the builds to go live equally as fast. We issued our first wave of fixes on Thursday and are aiming to have another PC build tomorrow or Thursday (depending on how the internal test goes).

A large number of the issues reported were addressed in the Thursday build but I wanted to address the comments regarding bugs that were brought up during Preview that are still present (or were prior to Thursday). As we've mentioned previously, bugs reported during preview are not guaranteed to be solved by launch date as they are also competing with internal bugs we are working on. If during prioritization we have a number of showstopper bugs (large scale, full playerbase impacting, game breaking bug), those will be addressed first. While we do not wish to dismiss the importance of other issues reported, prioritization is an integral part of resource and project management.

Another factor to keep in mind is that while we are working on bugs until and past launch day, we have a deadline for when fixes can be checked in before the launch build is made. One of the reasons we are able to issue fixes within a day or two of launch is because we had them in the pipeline but were just shy of the deadline.

Thank you again for the reports, especially those proving details that allow us to repro and more expediently issue a fix. We'll keep you updated with patch notes and/or additional forum posts!
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    micky1p00 said:

Just to add about professions, how the hell legendary gathering tools benefit from recycling? There are no resources for the tasks.. And every single listed legendary tool for gathering is recycle..

What's the point of that?

It's something we're aware of due to some tasks with required items that were scrapped or postponed. This should be addressed in a future build.
  • trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Major Bugs With Free Retrain:

The free retrain is buggy as hell. I think I may effectively have an infinite number of them now but I'm not sure. Every single loadout I have occationally says free retrain again even though I already used the first one. When I use any of these free retrains, I have a short while afterwards where I can choose to use my normal retraining tokens, the free retrain always comes back eventually though. Logging out made them go away a few times but they keep coming back and this doesn't always work.

I think the bug may be connected to one of these things since this is usually what I am doing when the free retrain comes back: #1 retaining boon pages, #2 logging back in after restarting the game launcher, #3 switching loadouts after having done minor boon or feat tweaks.

Please fix this ASAP, this is driving me bonkers, I don't have the option to use my normal tokens when this happens and these free retrains retrain my entire character sheet. I can't make minor adjustments for boons and feats for extended periods of time and have to redo everything whenever I use one of these free retrains.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC

As we've mentioned previously, bugs reported during preview are not guaranteed to be solved by launch date as they are also competing with internal bugs we are working on. If during prioritization we have a number of showstopper bugs (large scale, full playerbase impacting, game breaking bug), those will be addressed first. While we do not wish to dismiss the importance of other issues reported, prioritization is an integral part of resource and project management.

So... what you're saying here is that this mod had dozens of huge, gamebreaking bugs that would have affected all players instead of just most of them as it is? Mod 15 really is the buggiest mod ever then if you had that much to work on that these really gamebreaking bugs couldn't be fixed in time for launch or at first patch.
    Sorry Julia but I don't believe a word you're saying

ilithyn said:

As we've mentioned previously, bugs reported during preview are not guaranteed to be solved by launch date as they are also competing with internal bugs we are working on. If during prioritization we have a number of showstopper bugs (large scale, full playerbase impacting, game breaking bug), those will be addressed first. While we do not wish to dismiss the importance of other issues reported, prioritization is an integral part of resource and project management.

So... what you're saying here is that this mod had dozens of huge, gamebreaking bugs that would have affected all players instead of just most of them as it is? Mod 15 really is the buggiest mod ever then if you had that much to work on that these really gamebreaking bugs couldn't be fixed in time for launch or at first patch.
    I believe what she said. The important part is the part she did not say. i.e. they knew it is buggy. They knew about them but they decide to push it out anyway even though it is very buggy because they need to make the deadline regardless.
    Except that's when you damn well push a deadline. STO have done it when they had content that was seriously bugged. Neverwinter is owned by the same damn company so I don't believe they couldn't push the deadline. I simply don't.
  • jandemannjandemann Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    A large number of the issues reported were addressed in the Thursday build but I wanted to address the comments regarding bugs that were brought up during Preview that are still present (or were prior to Thursday). As we've mentioned previously, bugs reported during preview are not guaranteed to be solved by launch date as they are also competing with internal bugs we are working on. If during prioritization we have a number of showstopper bugs (large scale, full playerbase impacting, game breaking bug), those will be addressed first. While we do not wish to dismiss the importance of other issues reported, prioritization is an integral part of resource and project management.

there were a lot of issues reported every Thursday for the last month.....gratz for getting the Callum bug fixed, but how the hell do you miss the full inventory bug.....seriously? You all just changed the landscape of what EVERYONE did prior to live with professions that we've all numbingly have done over the last 5 years....you expect us to say hey great....let's learn something new!!!!!....only to have the first part of it bug out on us???? HAH....good luck with that...…*salutes*

my two coppers...mmmhmmmm

dunno why, but the first paragraph is a quote by Nitocris…..didn't quote
    Angry Inch lvl 70 OP and his NOT SO merry band of other Angry Campfire Hero toons
    Starks Alliance
    ilithyn said:

Different severity bugs are not a 1:1 ratio with other bugs. That is, 1 "showstopper" (the term we use internally) can be equal to a dozen (amount used for example purposes - it varies) or more other less severe bugs in terms of resources and time it will take to address. M15 included an overhaul of an entire system which means a much higher risk of bugs compared to releases that were an extension of existing content. It's the difference between redecorating your bathroom with new rugs and countertops vs installing a whole new plumbing system.
  • jandemannjandemann Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 46 Arc User
    maybe you need to change the name of "showstopper" (internally of course) to "cash-stopper" (equally internal)
    Angry Inch lvl 70 OP and his NOT SO merry band of other Angry Campfire Hero toons
    Starks Alliance
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    tazz4now said:

If you open a "level up" reward box in your workshop, there is no pop up box showing you what you got, when you go to another area the same thing happens until you log out or shut down and come back and open them outside of your workshop (you do seem to get the rewards though)

Did you open up an Artisan Recruitment Pack during the same client session by any chance?

There is a bug that when you open one of them, it prevents gumps from rewards etc from displaying until you shut down and re-open your client. It plays havoc with seeing which rewards you receive, but also sometimes prevents quests from completing as it does not register you receiving those items! Only way to reset this is to shut and re-open the game as you mentioned.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Mithril Crucible is only worth 1 point in the exchange.
    Everything else of that grade is valued at 5000.

I unfortunately traded in a few, and there's no temporary
    ability to swap them back.

I'm sure this was mentioned in playtest, but please fix.
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    This whole mod is a showstopper if you ask me ... even if all the bugs get fixed eventually.. I mean just look at the zax exchange it has hardly moved from 30 million backlog since the mod launched ..

There is nothing to buy and there hardly anything to make or sell I am just sitting on Ad / zen that i would love to splurge spend even on 1% fun .. even the lockboxes are not worth the fun / risk they are all a net loss

and the new dungeons é skirmish and content are weeks away behind an artificial progression cap that is not even finished yet comming soon .TM

the economy is in stagnation
    Post edited by kalina311 on
    We found an issue in the current test build and will not be pushing it tomorrow. We are aiming for Thursday.
  • thetoothpick#9832 thetoothpick Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    For some reason I am only getting the blue dailies and weeklies from Jim not the meet him on ship speech
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    I completed the Acquisitions Incorporated Campaign "Information Acquisition" last week.

This week it says I haven't completed it yet, even though I had already done the Icespire Peak mini-dungeon. I had to use 100 campaign currency AGAIN to unlock it.

So now I am one week behind even though this was the character that I claimed the free bag on.... hahaha. :s This campaign is bugged really, really badly.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    for anyone having trouble with balls buff in tong , pick that buff last(although after fight the buff is permanent till end of dungeon, try kill char and res on campfire, relog fast after this worked for me on private queues) and wait till we get a fix.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    kalina311 said:

I mean just look at the zax exchange it has hardly moved from 30 million backlog since the mod launched

That has nothing to do with the new mod. The backlog is bad for two reasons. First, people are hoarding Zen in anticipation of a Black Friday sale. Second, many of those converting Zen to AD are doing it indirectly, buying things in Zen store and selling them on the AH, instead of converting directly to AD.

Not a bug, not related to Mod 15, not relevant to this thread.
    Post edited by adinosii on
    Hoping for improvements...
  • dingoballzdingoballz Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    Cant say this wasn't expected Let's just look at all the past mod releases, all buggy as heck and poorly built. This mod no different . But for them to say it is acceptable to knowingly release a product they know is sup par is wrong and shows a total lack of good ethical business morals .Would it really have hurt to postpone the release until some of the most obvious bugs were taken care of ? I mean those that we the players take as a "SHOWSTOPPER" ...
    "What is the sense of living the life you're given if all you ever do is stand in one place?" Lord Huron
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited November 2018

And no Abberant Leather.
  • kythelion#3210 kythelion Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    I find it interesting that getting locked out of professions entirely in the tutorial due to multiple bugs, getting locked out of completing the new campaign for the week, and being unable to open loot chests are NOT "showstopping" bugs ....

So what exactly is a showstopping bug? Inability to launch the client? I mean seriously, not only is everything new broken, but you broke a shitton of old stuff too. Broke in the it can't be done kind of way, not just in the seriously annoying kind of way. And that's not showstopping huh.

I find it interesting that getting locked out of professions entirely in the tutorial due to multiple bugs, getting locked out of completing the new campaign for the week, and being unable to open loot chests are NOT "showstopping" bugs ....

So what exactly is a showstopping bug? Inability to launch the client? I mean seriously, not only is everything new broken, but you broke a shitton of old stuff too. Broke in the it can't be done kind of way, not just in the seriously annoying kind of way. And that's not showstopping huh.

I tookit to mean that they had a ton of even more show stopping bugs that affected all players, instead of just a portion of them, and prioritized getting those fixed before launch. That this mess of a mod was even more and worse bugged prior to launch should perhaps not come as a big surprise to us, but to me it would have been yet another reason to push the deadline and launch it a few weeks later.
    And if the boys in suits with the calculators didn't like that idea, maybe tell them that dropping buggy mess like this on players makes us all a lot less likely to spend money on this game. Especially with sales and holiday season coming up that's a really bad time of year to make your players want to spend less. So I second the idea to rename these things cash stopping bugs, with the slightly less bad variety maybe being named cash inhibition bugs. Maybe that will get across to the finance boys what these kind of bugs do to the player base and to the game's earnings at long last.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    ilithyn said:

ilithyn said:

I believe what she said. The important part is the part she did not say. i.e. they knew it is buggy. They knew about them but they decide to push it out anyway even though it is very buggy because they need to make the deadline regardless.
    Except that's when you damn well push a deadline. STO have done it when they had content that was seriously bugged. Neverwinter is owned by the same damn company so I don't believe they couldn't push the deadline. I simply don't.
    That is the part (as I said the important part) she did not say.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
This discussion has been closed.