test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bug in the quest "The duty of a Doomguide" (more than 1 quest affected)

Comments

• themoonhawkthemoonhawk Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Same problem here; it started with Doomguide's Duty. Have 2 quests where I cannot progress. Also, when you then leave the instance you have to restart from the beginning.
  • lorsoanna#8386 lorsoanna Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    Add the Sheppard of the dammed Helm's hold (the underscar). I'm supposed to get Amulet of pain (for my class) as the reward instead the chests offers 3 Quartz which i can't accept i get inventory full error message.
  • nepalem#1002 nepalem Member Posts: 3 Arc User

I had the same problem, on the mission a doomsguide's duty when I open the reward chest and I'm going to take the quartz 3 tells me that the inventory is full. (having 3 empty holes)
  • misandemon#7875 misandemon Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Same issue here with nine quests so far:
    - The Barrow Lords
    - The Underscar
    - A Doomguide's Duty
    - The Ice Hammer
    - Reclamation
    - Quenching The Flames
    - Relic Of The Past
    - Clearing the Nest
    - Shadowfire Cavern
    Post edited by misandemon#7875 on
  • kukidokukido Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Got the same issue, so far encountered at the following quests:
    - Doomsguide Duty (Neverdeath)
    - the Underscar (Helms Hold)
    - Barrow Lords (Ebon Downs)
    - Relic of the Past (Velosk)

This looks like all the same bug, on similair quests, the three quartz every time is part of the symptoms, these chests are supposed to contain some more interesting things right? :/
    Hope this gets fixed soon, because it's hampering my progress significantly..
    Some words from devs at least acknowledging the issue would be highly appreciated, please guys xoxo
  • redcabbage#1117 redcabbage Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    This is crippling any quest progression. It's my first time through them all and ruining the whole experience. When I get to a final chest and there are three quartz in there it's a body blow. I hope when they fix this they don't make us redo the whole dungeon just to pick up the reward.
  • misandemon#7875 misandemon Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I'm glad that this issue and the lack of response from the devs occured when I was considering to buy the expansion and/or VIP. Thank you for the easy decision.
  • jailqueenjailqueen Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    we are now already 4 days further and still the dev has not responded to us, the list is getting longer and longer.

Clock Tomb-no reward
    Underscar-no reward
    Sealing yhe crypt-no reward
    relic of the past-no reward
    globin warrens-no reward
    clearing the nest-no reward

etc what else I come across, every quest can not be closed
    I am getting very angry, am already figuring out if we can look up it, but they ignore us flat
  • allfather#3246 allfather Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Ditto :(
  • kuponut#0786 kuponut Member Posts: 1 New User
    I'm also having this problem. I've tried clearing even more inventory space, abandoning and re-completing the quest, declining the reward, logging out and back in, and restarting the game.
  • percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    Greetings,

In my list I have:
    • Grimstorm Keep (Blackdagger Ruins)
    • A Doomguide's Duty (Neverdeath Graveyard)
    • Clockwork Guild Tomb (Neverdeath Graveyard)
    • The Underscar (Helm's Hold)
    • Sealing the Crypts (Ebon Downs)
    • The Barrow Lords (Ebon Downs)
    • Reclamation (Pirates' Skyhold)
    and it seems all of these chests contain 3 quartz.

The dev team is aware and working on it.

We apologies for the inconvenience and we thank you for your patience!

Regards,
    Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
  • kukidokukido Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Yellow post in other thread:
    percemer said:

Greetings,

In my list I have:

Regards,

So that is somewhat comforting, fingers crossed guys!

• heidrekr2heidrekr2 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    happened to me about 7 times now. Three quartz. Wanted to level up a new character for the event, but wow this is bad. No support or info on this. Glad it is not just me, was starting to worry. This VIP won't be buying another month until this silly bug is fixed.
  • elbandiirelbandiir Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Also have the same problem. First i made a hunter ranger and i encountered a bug, camera auto zoom in and aoe skills didnt work at all. After recreating a hunter ranger all over again i have the same chest problem with "A Doomguide's Duty" and "Cloackwork Guild Tomb" like you guys. And im really afraid to invest more time in this game. This is unacceptable for an official game. And dont get me started on "new class coming soon" for years now, thing. I think the developers are not trying their best for the gamers. Give me one reason to stay and pay for your game
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User
    elbandiir said:

And dont get me started on "new class coming soon" for years now, thing.

They "fixed" that one. You don't see that anymore when you create the new character.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • heidrekr2heidrekr2 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Same problem, maybe 8 different quests are stuck. It's all been said already. Very disappointed by the lack of urgency and feedback by the devs. This is game breaking, highly irritating and will not be extending my VIP until this is fixed. Not paying for this lack of service.
  • jeboleth#9086 jeboleth Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Add The Goblin Warrens (Icespire Peak) to that list.
  • zulunai#6806 zulunai Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    percemer said:

Greetings,

In my list I have:

Regards,

Abandoning A Doomguide's Duty and Clockwork Guild Tomb unbugged the others ones on this list for me. One of these or both seem to be the problem that causes a whole chain of bugged quests aslong you have it active in quests log.
  • zulunai#6806 zulunai Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Abandon doomsguide and clock tower, after that go do the other "bugged" ones, they will work now. As I posted earlier in this thread. Every other instanced quest with a reward box at the end got bugged for me aslong I had these 2 quests in my log, after abandoning these two all the other quests unbugged and was able to compelte them. Be sure to spread the word around if you see someone having problems.
  • karsgor#2229 karsgor Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    im new, its happening to me too, i refuse to buy this game until its fixed.
  • deepheat76#1262 deepheat76 Member Posts: 1 New User
    >
    > Hopefully Cryptic will quickly resolve this issue and maybe give some kind of 'apology' bonus to the new players for their inconvenience, because if I were new to Neverwinter and my first experience was one quest after another being bugged to the point where I couldn't progress, I don't think I'd be encouraged to stay around long or tell my friends Neverwinter was worth playing.
    >

Well I'm new to Neverwinter and love it. But now...like you say, not so much. I understand there being bugs in a game like this, what annoys me the most is the zero coverage this seems to be getting from Cryptic. Just put up a forum post with an explanation and a fix due-date or something. Now I just feel totally ignored(and not just me by the looks of it). And I was about to put some zen into the game as well... going to wait until this mess is sorted out..
    Add to that this "fun" fact: I registered three bug tickets. All are non existent in game and on the support forum. Well, that's a big f-you from cryptic if ever there was one! I've read that a lot of players experience this bug as well.

So, dear Cryptic , please put an update on the forums or on your website and make sure that tickets get logged. And sort out this mess. please. pretty please. Cherry on top.
  • percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    Moderation notes: merged 4 threads in one.
    Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
  • psychoticsatyrpsychoticsatyr Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    reading what was posted above....

Abandon doomsguide and clock tower, after that go do the other "bugged" ones, they will work now. As I posted earlier in this thread. Every other instanced quest with a reward box at the end got bugged for me aslong I had these 2 quests in my log, after abandoning these two all the other quests unbugged and was able to compelte them. Be sure to spread the word around if you see someone having problems.

This fixed spellplague tower while I was in it.

Thank you zulanai
  • bigwar2bigwar2 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    percemer said:

Greetings,

In my list I have:

Regards,

Adding to this, characters created in Mod15, are unable to loot Arcane Reservoir Weekly Quest in Sharandar as well, my characters from before mod15 can do it just fine but those from after cannot...