test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Nice to see that UI scaling is still broken

katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
When interface scale is set above 1 several elements of some UI windows, like in collections, become misaligned.
It has been this way since mod 6 or 7.

Comments

• uimavenuimaven Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 36 Cryptic Developer
    Thanks for mentioning this. Could you be more specific about the problems that you're seeing? Screenshots would be ideal, if you could.
  • bobdole#3422 bobdole Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    uimaven said:

Thanks for mentioning this. Could you be more specific about the problems that you're seeing? Screenshots would be ideal, if you could.

I play at 4k resolution with ui scale @2, i have the same issue, it can be easily seen in some campaigns, for example in underdark, the last boon is not even visible, and the penultimate one is a the top of the book, every thing is shifted.
    Chult is just a mess; nothing is aligned, vertically or horizontally.. have to switch UI and resolution to be able to figure out, what i got to do next...
  • wisper2048wisper2048 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    Get 4K monitor (possibly optional step), set scale to 1.5 and open Dread Ring campaign, you will some tasks going to stratosphere. Some other campaign are broken in the similar way.

Differently from previous reporter, I do not have problems with the chult campaign.

I also have problems with collections, the current page does not match what is shown above collection page.
  • trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    uimaven said:

@uimaven

I also have a 4k resolution computer and have had the same issue for as long as I've had this computer for. I was able to customize my settings enough that almost everything in this game looks crystal clear and normal. The 2 things I couldn't fix was the warping I get for some of the interface windows and the size of player nametags. In order to make my interface normal size, I had to max out my interface scale all the way to 2. The only downside to needing an interface scale of 2 is that some of the windows in the game are still warped. I have adapted to this but it is a little bit annoying.

Here are the places I see this warping:

#1) Player names are smaller than normal for me, this makes them difficult to read. Unlike the other 3 things I listed below, this is something I can't adjust on my end in any way and have the game remain playable. For some players, I can't quite make out their name and I have to get really close to the player to read them clearly. This can make things trickyer in PVP since you often need to be able to target a specific player or tell teammates who is on the node with you.

#2) Many campaigns have tabs that overlap eachother or run off the screen, which can make it hard to click the right one. The most extreme example I know of is the portabello's campaign; some of this campaign's tabs run completely off the screen and I have to go into options and temporarily turn down my interface scale in order to find them.

#3) When I open the instance change menu, I can't see how many players are on each instance, that category runs off the screen and in order to view it, I have to go into options and temporarily turn down my interface scale.

#4) When you click a tab category in the wondrous bazaar store on the preview server, it causes some of the tabs on the edge to move off the screen and be unclickable. You can fix this by closing the store and reopening it.

Here are some pictures of these warped interface windows:

Post edited by trgluestickz on
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • kayclo2kayclo2 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    When you press x to show the stats on dungeon (with UI scale over 1) the numerical value start rotate.
    Similar issue is present on power tab where some icons are vibrant.
    Yea. Choose instance is real pain, as number of players could not be seen almost always. And this pesky window is not RESIABLE for some unknown reason and there is no horizontal scroll for the list.
  • katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    uimaven said:

Sure.

On some campaign screens some elements are placed outside of the window
    https://imgur.com/a/5VqVbJy

On the dungeon results screen, the actual damage, healing, etc. values continuously fly off the window.
    OK, thanks to everyone who gave me screenshots; that really helped.

Fixes should be going in Real Soon Now (tm) for these things:

1) The top selection indicator in Collections
    2) The Change Instance window
    3) The Chult, Dread Ring, Underdark and Portobello campaigns

We're working on the problem with the dungeon results window and the overhead entity names.

And especially thanks for giving me a stronger case to requisition a 4K monitor! :)
    edited November 2018
    uimaven said:

We're working on the problem with the dungeon results window and the overhead entity names.

And especially thanks for giving me a stronger case to requisition a 4K monitor! :)

@uimaven

I forgot to provide screenshots of my player name tags issue before, here are 6 screenshots of that. Click these images to make them more clear:

Post edited by trgluestickz on
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    Thanks, trgluestickz! Those names are painfully small, aren't they?

Without getting too boring, because those overhead names are drawn in the world (attached to the entities) instead of in the normal UI hierarchy, they're not inheriting the UI scale value. So fixing it involves poking around with sharp sticks in a different part of the code, which will take a bit more time.
    edited November 2018
    uimaven said:

Thanks, trgluestickz! Those names are painfully small, aren't they?

Without getting too boring, because those overhead names are drawn in the world (attached to the entities) instead of in the normal UI hierarchy, they're not inheriting the UI scale value. So fixing it involves poking around with sharp sticks in a different part of the code, which will take a bit more time.

Thank you for taking a crack at fixing this, being able to reliably target players is going to be even more important for me in M15 and doing so right now makes my eyeballs hurt XD.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    uimaven said:

Don't forget, as soon as you convince the bosses you need a 4K monitor they're also going to ask "well why doesn't @uimaven ALSO have a 1024x768 monitor, just in case?"
    Another scaling issue: when creating new character, scale has to be set to 1.0, otherwise the character does not fit the screen.

Also, please make some daylight scene when creating character. It is very hard to get colors right when there is a colored light. For example, use beach but not evening color (which is colored too), but daylight color. This is my pet issue with a lot of games. It is very hard to design character look correctly because there is a red or blue light.
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    @uimaven one more 4K UI failure: The Chult campaign UI (and not the others) looks bad on 4K with 2x UI. See: https://i.imgur.com/NNSxVkK.jpg