test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What I think is wrong with Neverwinter PvP

Ideas to fix neverwinter PvP

Gear:

Make mane of manicore not work on players- This will make PvP less broken. Tanks will stack high HP and WILL one shot people with low HP

Make 550 item level PvP gear and post it on the PvP vendors. AND people should be able to farm glory to their other toons that are a different class.
EXAMPLE: A GWF should be able to purchase CW gear from the PvP vendors with glory, and should be able to mail it to that CW. This will be very helpful to people who want to try a new class in PvP.

Create a 2 and 4 set bonus for both the strategist and the 550 PvP item level gear FOR THE SPECIFIC CLASS.

No more random gear/artifact drops from bosses. Bosses should drop currency that you need to buy the gear that you desire. This will fix a different problem with the trade house over pricing gear.

Make a vendor for both ALL artifact and ALL gear that is 500 item level and above.

Gear that is bought from a PvE vendor is for PvE. PvE gear should be bad for PvP. Gear that is bought from a PvP vendor is for PvP. PvP gear should be bad for PvE.

Gear that is above 500 item level should NEVER be sold on the trade house. People overprice gear on the trade house, that's an issue. Gear that is 500 item level and above needs to be "Non post able."

PvP and PvE gear that you buy from vendors, should be bind to account not character.

PvP maps and game modes:

New game modes for PvP should be added such as, Capture the flag, 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4 and 5v5. From winning from one of these games you should get a fair amount of glory and AD also, a small chance (like 1%) to gain a random epic artifact. This will make people WANT to que for PvP.

Their needs to be new maps for domination/domination solo, gauntgrym battlegrounds, capture the flag and all the 1v1s, 2v2s etc.

A dueling system needs to be added into this game. People have to go to Icewind dale and flag up to fight people. Anybody can come in and interrupt their 1v1. They shouldn't have to que up in a private match just to 1v1.

Currency:

Seal of triumph needs to be removed from the game, You can only get 60 a day. Because of this it take DAYS to get all the PvP gear that a person would want. This is an major issue.

When loosing a game on domination, the loosing team barely gets any glory and sometimes an unidentified armor piece that sometimes isn't even for your own class. This is also an issue. The loosing team should also get a fair amount of glory, but clearly not as much as the winning team. If the same people keep loosing games they won't get anywhere in PvP, making them not want to play PvP ever again. Also I don't see the reason for the random unidentified armor piece. It makes no sense and needs to go as well.

I don't see the reason for the rough AD This will limit the amount of AD a person can get from farming AD. I'm glad that you increased the daily refine amount from 36K to 100K, but I think it would be better if it was removed completely.

Boons:

Boons are way too difficult to gain. Characters with boons are much tougher than character without them. Not everyone can buy the campaign bundle. Some of your fans are only 15 years old and don't have a job and their parents don't want to spend money on a game they don't even play themselves. This is an issue and needs to be fixed. You can fix it by making boons MUCH easier to grind (All boons NOT campaigns should take 1 day to farm and only boons) or make the campaign bundle much cheaper, I'd say around 5000 zen. This will increase the amount of people who play PvP.

Classes:

TRS- TRS are the most broken class in PvP right now. This is because of their piercing damage. They get all their piercing damage from the class feature called Oppressive darkness. This class feature needs a huge nerf. This makes their SOD one shot players. Also they're very hark to catch because they constantly roll. Their should be a short cool down on thier roll so other players may actually stun them. Also their recovery rate is WAY too high. ALL TRS need a recovery debuff or increase their cool down rate.

I also think dunk TRS need to come back to PvP, so we can have some sort of variety in TRS. Dunk TRS shouldn't 1 shot people though that have high HP. The player should have a chance to recover from all the damage they have taken and gain the upper hand on them if they can

GWFS: GWFS should get a small damage resistance increase. Because they cannot dodge like other classes or block, or be immune to damage. ALL GWFS should have a increased damage resistance because of this reason. GWFS should get an increased 10-15% damage reduction at all times

GFS: Due to the fact that GFS have very high damage, they should have very low damage resistance. Their shield can block 80% of incoming damage coming their way. GFS should also be a slow moving class when they have their shield up. They shouldn't be moving any faster than 120% movement speed when their shield is up.

PAL: Paladins should be a VERY slow moving tank class. Paladins are already tough as hell. Because of this reason, their damage should not be high at all, even with high power their damage should never come close to a DPS class.

Healadins needs a major healing debuff, in PvP whenever one shows up their entire team is full health all the time and it's just stupid. Healdins need a MAJOR healing debuff in PvP.

HRS: Trap HRS dazes way too much, they need some of their dazes removed or reduces by a lot. All they do is stun lock you and deal little damage.

Combats in my opinion are fine where they are at as much as I can tell.

CW: I think CWS are fine where they are at. I haven't seen too much good CWS due to the fact that they are pretty squishy without their bubble shield

Archery needs a damage debuff. I don't exactly know how they deal so much damage, but I've seen them hide and 3 shoot at people from far away places. I think aimed shot should have a much longer charge. I think the charge should be 4 seconds long because they just deal too much damage. In general I don't like the archery build too much. I think for PvP, only trappers and combats should be a good spec for HR PvP.

Others:

The trade house cut is absolutely unnecessary, it makes no sense why that's in the game in the first place. Tax should exist in a video game, it's bad enough that we have to deal with it in real life. This will save players' AD.

A lot of things in the trade house is way too expensive. For example, the cheapest greater negation on the trade house as of this moment is 1,022,000 AD, please tell me why a perfect negation is more than twice that much if all it does is increase your damage resistance by and extra 5%. It makes no sense. This is a HUGE issue. People are over pricing a lot of items on the trade house. Also unparalleled negation is also over priced. I think people did this because it looks "shiny." I can understand that making negation tough to do, because it costs a lot of AD to do so. That's another issue that should be fixed.

Professions needs to make a lot more AD than it does now, some people don't even bother with professions because it'll just waster their time because it won't make them much AD.

I've been playing neverwinter sense 2015 and I've never once have gotten a legendary from a lock box. I personally think that the glorious mounts pack should be the only lock box in neverwinter. Obviously make it a huge lock box. And any new or existing mounts that are epic or legendary should be put into that lock box. The glorious epic mounts pack should have ALL epic mounts in it, not including legacy mounts. And the glorious legendary mounts pack should have ALL legendary mounts. And a new lock box should be added. The glorious legacy mounts pack. This should have ALL the legacy mounts in it. The chances of getting ANY of these items should be 1%.

Feel free to give more suggestion and let me know what you agree and disagree with please.
Tagged:

Comments

• shwabbashwabba Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    I would say the #1 change to improve pvp would be to either make everyone (in a match) have their item levels set to an equal level, or have a player matching system based on ilvl. As it is, whichever team the 18k is on wins, and gods help you if you're against a team with 2 18k's. Nothing more fun than watching your team forced to sit in the spawning zone because they one-shot you the second you step out. ESPECIALLY since even if you do spend the whole time getting murdered, YOU STILL GET NOTHING. Zero rewards, zero glory. And we wonder why nobody wants to pvp in this game...