test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Feedback on new Professions Interface

hercules125hercules125 Member Posts: 427 Arc User
1. The default selection for resource gathering should be "1", not recurring. Just logged in this morning and found a ton of resources waiting for me, which took a while to take out of the collection box, given the clutziness of the current interface.

2. The professions icon lights up when I have collection resources waiting on me. There is NOTHING i can do about it without returning to PE and my workshop. Attention icons can be annoying. Very annoying when they can't be immediately cleared.

Suggestion: Either allow resource collection anywhere vs just in the workshop OR stop highlighting the item and just give me a one time notification when new items are available.

Comments

• ragnarz2ragnarz2 Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    Not in any order:

1. Replace the whole thing with a single panel accessible from anywhere with all the functionality
    2. Delete the current implementation
    3. Lookup the term "convenience function"
    4. Have HR investigate why the developers hate the player base
    5. Highlight items in the crafting window that are wanted by SSTC on that particular day
    6. When you click on an item to craft that is at the bottom of the scrolled list mouse focus often does not go there the first time and the scroll moves back to the top.
  • nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User

2. The professions icon lights up when I have collection resources waiting on me. There is NOTHING i can do about it without returning to PE and my workshop. Attention icons can be annoying. Very annoying when they can't be immediately cleared.

Work through the professions quest line until you complete "A Box for Knox" and you'll be able to collect deliveries from anywhere. This really shouldn't take you more than 20 or 30 minutes to go from "I started the tutorial" to "I delivered a box of junk to Knox and turned the quest in."
    rarmstorm said:

where the hell is black ice profession line?

It no longer exists. This is in the patch notes and the preview thread.
  • nathanjmnathanjm Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    Other feedback: the UI needs search, EVERYWHERE. Yes, the ordering board & table have search, thank you. However, the materials merchant and the item exchange dialogs have a huge and somewhat randomly ordered UI. There is way too much scrolling to find things, and the lack of ordering is a pain. Those two dialogs need a *serious* UI pass to add a search.

If nothing else, making the materials merchant & item exchange dialogs have alphabetized content would vastly increase readability and usability.
    @nathanjm They don't care. They got this feedback from many people while this was on preview and they've done nothing with it.
  • pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    ragnarz2 said:

Not in any order:

1. Replace the whole thing with a single panel accessible from anywhere with all the functionality
    2. Delete the current implementation
    3. Lookup the term "convenience function"
    4. Have HR investigate why the developers hate the player base
    5. Highlight items in the crafting window that are wanted by SSTC on that particular day
    6. When you click on an item to craft that is at the bottom of the scrolled list mouse focus often does not go there the first time and the scroll moves back to the top.

Totally agree with 1, 5, and 6. I would add do away with the STUPID GOLD REQUIREMENTS!!!!!