test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Broom !

micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
edited October 2018 in Player Feedback (PC)
That broom is really a great idea,

but some suggestions please, for that token cost, and RNG and what not, I expect at least something like:

A black, stylish, perhaps with some red/blue streaks broom.

Instead, it looks like a DiY:

It's cute, and I'm sure some appreciate it, but it more fitting a green mount, of some witch novice, and not an Epic Broom.
So please, can we have a paint job on the broom. These are modern Ferun times, we need to be proud of the ride.

+ The flair animation is cleaning... I don't want to clean, it needs to bash things or make whirlwind...Or make the bristles stand up like some menacing cat, or something...

But not cleaning please, for cleaning there are guild slaves.

Comments

• Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    It's what's under the bristles that counts!
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Pimp my Broom!

I'm a big fan of the mounts in NW, broom will be great-er, with an upgrade.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    When do the quidwitch matches start?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    I'd just like a nice sound effect added. Every other mount generates some kind of noise while in motion - the broom is totally silent.
  • Options
    caldochaud#4880 caldochaud Member Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    I remember watching Happily Never After and seeing the pimped up witches brooms that seemed more like motorcycles spewing colored flames. Perhaps future variants of the Broom Mount could be made to look like those... with a goggled helm transmute to match?

"Talent is a flame. Genius is a fire." - Sir Bernard Williams
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    I've been trying for hours to get the sash to drop, but the RNG just WILL NOT give it to me on this toon. Devs, why does it have to be like this? You take a fun addition to the event, create the means to acquire it, then slap a requirement on that's so onerous that it sucks all the fun out of trying. This isn't the first time, either -- take, for example, grinding 200 blacklead for the demon sled. At least that didn't require 50k AD *and* fighting with the RNG gods for a key component.

This alt has 5 pinatas left (I've already burned up 20), and since they're BOUND TO CHARACTER I can't even transfer more from a different alt -- when I run out I have no choice but to grind for more. Did you really mean for it to be this frustrating, or is this the brainchild of some higher-up who doesn't play games at all? Good grief already.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    The other two components are certainly attainable, they seemed to accumulate at a reasonable rate during the event, and they were fun to work for. The sash, not so much. Having gone through over 50 pinatas between myself and friends (and I've heard of folks going through upwards of 200 pinatas from other social media sources after the fix) with the 2 minute cooldown and still not getting the sash to drop was simply brutal on my patience. It just took all of the fun out of trying to get the broom for my main, forget about any alts.
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • Options
    I've planned on 4 brooms, got 0 brooms. Thanks for a great event.
  • Options
    leonidrexleonidrex Member Posts: 401 Arc User
    @micky1p00 on prev server broom has new sounds
    1 when you hop on it, there is a sound of a witch laughting in the bacground
    2 when you go for lil bit there is another sound but i forgot what it was
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    I'm sick of this. There are so many things I'd rather be doing than farming for a pinata that has a 10% chance to drop so I can have a 5% chance at a sash, with the benefit of having to wait 2 minutes in-between tries.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    I have managed to get three sashes so far. What I have noticed is that these sashes dropped for me only in Barovia and nowhere else. I tried... Well of Dragons, Protector's Enclave and even a few dungeons and skirmishes. But they only dropped for me in Barovia. Which begs the question, is the sash drop rate dependent upon the area's intended level?

If this isn't the case, or the intent, then is this a bug?
  • Options
    vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User

I have managed to get three sashes so far. What I have noticed is that these sashes dropped for me only in Barovia and nowhere else. I tried... Well of Dragons, Protector's Enclave and even a few dungeons and skirmishes. But they only dropped for me in Barovia. Which begs the question, is the sash drop rate dependent upon the area's intended level?

If this isn't the case, or the intent, then is this a bug?

You get more hits on your pinata if you open it in an area where the mob difficulty is tougher. More hits on the pinata gives more loot. I think it is still RNG, but in a place like Barovia vs PE, I think the mob difficulty is higher (thus more hits on the pinata, more chances at RNG)

I got all 3 of mine in Fangbreaker's Island. Got successful there once and continued it there.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • Options
    Side note:

I had a bunch of Pinatas left and so I offered to drop pinatas in Barovia to help out any other player who still needed a sash. The problem?

Apparently, over the space of an hour the sashes were automatically wanting to drop into my inventory (which already had a sash) and the other player couldn't even see it on the ground let alone pick it up. This was unforeseen and more than a little discouraging.

May I suggest that the pinatas not be Bind on Character/Bind on Account so that players can at least help each other out by either dropping them into Guild Banks or mail them to each other?
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    I got 2 sash in SH. Both happened to be in low count of pinata (about 30 and then 10). I called off the pet and hit it slowly.
    I only wanted to get one Broom for one toon (SW). I made another one and stash it for the future.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    Took me over 100 pinatas (post-patch) to get my first sash. Took me another 30 pinatas to get another *3* sashes.

RNG is a funny thing.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I dropped a pinata by mistake in PE and not wanting to mess with it, rode away. Other people attacked it and although I hadn't hit it at all and was no where close, a sash flew into my inventory. I ended up with far more sashes than I wanted.

Events should not consist of multiple RNG gates and auto bind items. I have items I don't need, others got none. Make the sashes tradable, even if AH is disabled like Chult lures. Otherwise give a 'mercy' option at the vendor.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    I noticed the sash is available from the after-event vendor. It's actually a nice relief considering how rough it was trying to get the thing to drop.
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5