test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Announcing Neverwinter: The Heart of Fire featuring Acquisitions Incorporated

124»

Comments

• killozap#7787 killozap Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    There isn't a "November 2018 scheduled maintenance" post or anything on the calendar in game. Is this going to go live tomorrow? Seems like it is stupidly hard to find this info unless you know where to look and it isn't in any of the related posts/pages/etc in an easy to find location... I'm assuming I am just missing it. Can someone point me in the right direction to confirm it will push tomorrow?
  • pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Editing this post as it just seemed like another meaningless rant so I am changing it to a meaningful question...

The Heart of Fire module brings with it our new Neverember’s Recruitment event. Any new characters who log in during this event will earn extra rewards while leveling as well as Neverember Incentives which can be exchanged for account wide rewards.

The event will run from November 6 at the launch of The Heart of Fire on PC until Tuesday, January 1 at 7:30am PT.

While leveling, eligible characters will earn the following additional rewards from their Adventurer’s Reward boxes:

• So if I am reading this correctly, does this mean that only new characters can run this rewards?
    • If so, how is "new" defined, it is just "below LV X"?
    • And are the rewards bound to this character or, as the post suggests, it is account wide (I wish you guys would just use the correct language, I feel like I am trying to decipher if the fed will raise rates next month).

Post edited by pitmonster#5684 on
  • evemjevemj Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    From the news : "The rewards received from the Adventurer level-up packs are Bount to Character on Pickup. The items from the store for the event are Bound to Account on Pickup. "

As for the rest, it'd be nice to have a clearer detail as to what's what, yeah.
  • ladyllothladylloth Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 6 Arc User
    So I saw that there are supposedly new hairstyles available, but as far as I can tell the only way to get them is to buy the new $100 consult pack. Is that correct? Seems silly that you can't just buy these separately, as I don't care about anything else in the pack.
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    ladylloth said:

So I saw that there are supposedly new hairstyles available, but as far as I can tell the only way to get them is to buy the new $100 consult pack. Is that correct? Seems silly that you can't just buy these separately, as I don't care about anything else in the pack.

Yeah, unlike STO this game's devs don't seem to get that there's a large bunch of players who likes to play "dress up" as much if not more than anything else and that fashion items can be a big seller on their own. Unless they're grossly overpriced as is the case of most of this game's fashion ;/
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • jganthjganth Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    The immature silliness in this mod is really killing the D&D brand - just in case you didn't already hear that a few times before.

Some things you just shouldn't execute on; 'try and see' never worked well as a brand strategy.
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    jganth said:

The immature silliness in this mod is really killing the D&D brand - just in case you didn't already hear that a few times before.

Some things you just shouldn't execute on; 'try and see' never worked well as a brand strategy.

Honestly I keep thinking about how this is going to feel if you level a toon as a completely new player. Like you're in the middle of idk, fighting undead in Neverdeath graveyard or driving devils out Helm's Hold and suddenly this? The shift in tone is jarring enough for us who's been here all along, but I think it might be even worse for people who are leveling and going by the journal. I'd probably be 'lol, wut? is this how it'll be from now on?'.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
    ilithyn said:

jganth said:

Honestly I keep thinking about how this is going to feel if you level a toon as a completely new player. Like you're in the middle of idk, fighting undead in Neverdeath graveyard or driving devils out Helm's Hold and suddenly this? The shift in tone is jarring enough for us who's been here all along, but I think it might be even worse for people who are leveling and going by the journal. I'd probably be 'lol, wut? is this how it'll be from now on?'.
    Absolutely - couldn't agree more. Not trying to be a D&D tabletop purist here either, but it really does not come off as a consistent theme that has been built up for the past 14 releases. The April Fools day stuff was good. This release is like that, with the added concerning reality that it is actually implemented and really happening.

Perhaps because record players are not the common listening devices that they couldn't hear the needle scratch off the 33...
    I just can't think of any other MMO or Fantasy genre game that would inject this silly comedy into their brand gene pool.

Need a Luskan module and Auroch desert module and then go to Olympus Mons on Mars and enter the mountain where you push this four fingered actuator which melts a hidden glacier inside and releases oxygen into the atmosphere and the mutants can breath now and not have to buy air from Cohaggen anymore.

Time to come to the 21st century. That arnold movie has already been remade. Though accessing luskan and auroch deserts in dungeons and modules would be good. A nice Dark elf story line in luskan is just the ticket.

Agreed - +1 on the Luskan and Auroch scenarios; please just make it authentic and not joke/silly - fantasy MMO remember?
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    I'm not surprised to hear people complain that a mod based on a bunch of jokes and humor doesn't fit in to the overall game theme of the last 4 years.

The mod always sounded like someone had a cute idea. Maybe it should have been a 2-4 week long event at best similar to portobello's. It's as if no one wanted to sit back for a second and think of how the mod fits into the overall game theme. Or maybe it was the brainchild of the head honcho and no one was brave enough to say "um this doesn't make any sense".

I like my humor in games, when I choose to play a game that revolves around humor. Forcing it into a game will never work.
  • astidoniusforumastidoniusforum Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    lets discuss the fact mod 15 broke players abilities to collect loot from a chest due to 3 quartz and full inventory bug. good stuff.
  • orvelo64orvelo64 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Yeah the broken quest dungeon bug is very aggravating.... I hate this. Fix please!
  • astroraiken#3327 astroraiken Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    I got a bug in Workshop quest. I had 7 Artisans before I started the tutorial from free chest, and the quest says Accept Applications 1/1. So I went to masters desk, and im at max artisans. So I tried to dismiss some and it says complete tutorial first to unlock feature, so I cant complete the first part of tutorial. I try to accept artisan but it says Complete tutorial to unlock feature. I cant do this because I am at max artisans and I cant dismiss of accept any. Is it ok if someone can fix this bug for me?
    Thanks everyone, @bob#4333 [Real Makos] :) Also, cant abandon quest. I tried shutting game, and logging back in multiple times, nothing changed.
    Real Makos, Member of Greycloaks Guild.

회원의 회색 외투
  • xariamaxariama Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    I'd rather they do something based on Luskan, or Mere of Dead Men, than something like this. Heck, a run to Waterdeep, Baldur's Gate, or Amn would have been preferable to... this.
    Kelvar Lo'Zakven, 70 Drow Elf Ranger

"Don't underestimate your foe. If you do, you're probably dead." - Kelvar, to Torrence the Strong
  • gaw#7498 gaw Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    They crossed realms with Ravenloft, they should cross realms to Dragonlance.
  • shwabbashwabba Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    gaw#7498 said:

They crossed realms with Ravenloft, they should cross realms to Dragonlance.

Well, Ravenloft is a demiplane that crosses dimensions and intentionally sucks people in, while Dragonlance is Tiamat and Bahamut's private playground that they keep locked tight. So, Ravenloft makes sense for a crossover, Dragonlance not as much. Also, DL is a low magic, low level world, so their greatest heroes would be nothing to average adventurers from Forgotten Realms. Would make more sense to give DL its own game. After all, the Weis/Hickman books were just as prolific as the Salvatore books.
  • shadower75shadower75 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    To help the management of artisans - a template
    in Google-doc
  • pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User

I'm not surprised to hear people complain that a mod based on a bunch of jokes and humor doesn't fit in to the overall game theme of the last 4 years.

The mod always sounded like someone had a cute idea. Maybe it should have been a 2-4 week long event at best similar to portobello's. It's as if no one wanted to sit back for a second and think of how the mod fits into the overall game theme. Or maybe it was the brainchild of the head honcho and no one was brave enough to say "um this doesn't make any sense".

I like my humor in games, when I choose to play a game that revolves around humor. Forcing it into a game will never work.

The problem with a joke is it stop being funny (if it ever was) after the forth or fifth time you hear it. From now to NW dies you will have this mod to push a toon through. It might not be so bad if ever single quest get repeated around 4 times!

At least its not SKT.