What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

DC Terrifying Insight Should be a 30% personal buff and 10% Group Buff

vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
Hi @terramak,

I read the Heart of Fire Preview patch notes -in progress and noted:
terramak said:

[DC] Class Feature Changes
• Terrifying Insight: Seeing the inevitable destruction of your foes, you deal 10/15/20/25% more damage. Damaging an enemy also lowers their damage resistance by 4/6/8/10% for 5 seconds.

However, @noworries#8859 mentioned in an earlier post (after a lengthy discussion with the community) in the M15 DC feedback discussion that:

Terrifying Insight will become a 30% damage buff to self. It will also provide a 10% buff to party members. The target debuff will be removed.

I actually meant to type out that it would be a 10% group buff and remove the target debuff. I have a lot of notes from a lot of threads and was looking at the wrong thing when typing that out.

I think perhaps the build on preview forgot to update it to the 10% group buff and 30% personal buff which @noworries#8859 assured us it would?

Thank you for compiling the list and communicating with us. I understand that this is a huge undertaking (class balance that we haven't seen in this volume since Mod 6) and things can be missed.
Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR

Comments

• frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    I shall forward this.
    FrozenFire
  • kiraskytowerkiraskytower Member Posts: 455 Arc User

I shall forward this.

Thanks FrozenFire!

I know DCs everywhere (like me) are hoping that this is just an error in the patch notes, not a revert of the power back to the original change.
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Winter Lily (CW) / Winter Rose (DC) / Winter Ivy (HR)
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2018
    Thanks! Right now when checking current stuff, the current in-game tooltip is 25% self and 10% target debuff as described in the notes. I'll forward this over to Noworries to see if it was an intentional reversion, if it's just a tooltip error, or it got lost in the plethora of changes.
  • jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    @terramak, i pretty sure no one is following the DC feedback thread for recent 5 weeks. Can you please forward a message to noworries to pull back BotS QoL improvement before launching it into live because what it really does is to hurt player's QoL experience than helping players. More than 10 pages of negative comments on this BotS QoL changes but no one cares about it.

In fact, this BotS QoL changes only helps first day DODC while harming the rest 99.99% DODC performance. It is not the first time devs ask for feedback, ignore and implement what they think it supposed to be, please kindly listen or even better, discuss with players and not simply do what you want. I log into preview forum everyday yet i feel like across these 5 weeks, not a single devs is reading DC feedbacks. Across these recent 5 weeks, I repetitively said DC new TI is not right, the preview patchnotes havent update the new TI in the DC feedback thread and yet not a single dev read the thread, or else they will realise something is wrong. Before all patchnotes go live, can you please, seriously pass this message to revert back BotS QoL changes with more than 10 pages of negative comments to noworries? I know preview forum tread will be close after things go live, then players feedback will be ignored even more, this is the last chance to stop thing going worse, please. Hopefully dev team can really listen to player feedback without ignoring it again, TY.

From a beta DC player who always test on preview server for nearly all new mods.
    (I know the NW ecosystem well.... and also know most devs doesnt really play the game and have little to none understanding of the class in comparison to elite player... well... this is NW....)
  • kythelion#3210 kythelion Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    Hey Teramak, while you're looking for Noworries, can you ask him where the increases to skullcracker, low blows, etc are that he promised too? I'll try to pull the quote over here, but my tablet doesn't like pulling quotes.
  • noworries#8859 noworries Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 651 Cryptic Developer

Hey Teramak, while you're looking for Noworries, can you ask him where the increases to skullcracker, low blows, etc are that he promised too? I'll try to pull the quote over here, but my tablet doesn't like pulling quotes.

Skullcracker and Low Blows changes are in.

Terrifying Insight changes did fall through the cracks of all the other changes, I will get that change made so it can be in a post launch patch.
  • kythelion#3210 kythelion Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    Thank you.
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User

Skullcracker and Low Blows changes are in.

Terrifying Insight changes did fall through the cracks of all the other changes, I will get that change made so it can be in a post launch patch.
    Thank you @noworries#8859, very much appreciated =)
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
This discussion has been closed.