test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Halloween event

xrawcarnagexrawcarnage Member Posts: 384 Arc User
It appears that the charms are not going into my bags on at least one of my characters. I will pick one up from a pumpkin or fighting mobs then I go to check in bags and under riches and there is nothing there. Now I know they do accumulate cause I have a toon that had a few hundred on him from previous years. Any fix for this would be greatly appreciated.

2nd issue- went to pick up quests from the witch after reset this morning and only 1 quest was available to get ( seek treats in PE). There was no other quests available on said witch and no count down for when they will be available to get. I did all quests on 3 different characters yesterday and have yet to have this issue. I checked my journal to make sure and I have no quests that need done for the event. Again, any help would be great on this issue....
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Hi @xrawcarnage! The charms should go into your regular inventory. Are they not adding up or have you not gotten any at all since the event started?

Were you able to pick up the quests again from the witch or are you still only getting one?
  • Options
    ps4player#7414 ps4player Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    It's a bug the loot window does not come up. When you click on the pumpkin all you get is a text pop-up saying that you looted a charm but you didn't because the loot window needs to pop up and you have to claim it from that window.

The bug is the loot window doesn't come up and it happens about 50% of the time. FIX THIS!
  • Options
    xrawcarnagexrawcarnage Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    Right I get what the issue was and it has fixed itself after the last fix update. Thanks
  • Options
    froger#9967 froger Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    I had this issue last night as I was trying to farm. Some pumpkins wouldn't interact, some wouldn't drop charms, it's pretty disheartening. A video is below.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AnUakg2k5eUXhzROIJXRug8hEYAB
    Froger - Barbarian - Original Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Jade - Cleric - Healer Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Magnus - Fighter - 3rd main to be a tank - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Loverboy - Ranger - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Nomnomnommm - Wizard - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    I Am The Wall - Paladin - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    Xeros - Rogue - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    RIP bad name - Warlock - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Bardholomew - Bard - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Sirona - Cleric - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone

Jade - DC - Shadows of Gauntlgrym - PC
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

It's a bug the loot window does not come up. When you click on the pumpkin all you get is a text pop-up saying that you looted a charm but you didn't because the loot window needs to pop up and you have to claim it from that window.

The bug is the loot window doesn't come up and it happens about 50% of the time. FIX THIS!

I'm seeing this too

• Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    This is not a new bug. The bug has been reported during the event in the past. The response is always a post asking for more detail as if the bug just surfaced this go around. The issue is pretty obvious.

Player 1 grabs charm from pumpkin.
    Pumpkin takes a predetermined amount of time to spawn a new charm.
    Player 2 arrives before the allotted spawning time has run out.
    Player 2 interacts with the pumpkin and gets a message indicating they got a charm when in fact they got absolutely nothing.

The solution seems so simple that it has plagued the devs for years. Make all interactive quest items an individual item for every player. Instead of the current scenario where you see players in PE racing to get to the same pumpkin to be the first one to get it. A race I'll add that lower level/newer players can't win if they're up against someone on a legendary mount.

This would not only help this quest but all quests that have been plagued by players crying when someone "steals" their quest item. Why this has yet to be implemented is beyond me since it would improve the QoL for players.