test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Eyestalk Wraps or Terror Grips/Jaw Rippers

mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
edited October 2018 in The Library
With the recent patch for consoles what is better when using the Hag Rags armor. I have the Terror Grips and Eyestalk wraps and was curious which one of these two is preferred given the update for CW.

Comments

• itblsitbls Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User
    Eyestalk for single target and jaw rippers for aoe depending if they fixed the stacking on consoles yet for eyestalk otherwise jaw rippers.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    itbls said:

Eyestalk for single target and jaw rippers for aoe depending if they fixed the stacking on consoles yet for eyestalk otherwise jaw rippers.

I tested both out and overall when not changing them out during runs I see little to no difference in my overall damage. When I do swap them between AoE and Single target, there is a slight bump in my damage but not enough to justify using both. Since the gain was minimal by swapping I stuck with the Terror grips as that works better for my build.

itbls said:

I tested both out and overall when not changing them out during runs I see little to no difference in my overall damage. When I do swap them between AoE and Single target, there is a slight bump in my damage but not enough to justify using both. Since the gain was minimal by swapping I stuck with the Terror grips as that works better for my build.
    The difference is that Eyestalker buffs your Icey knife unlike the other 2 and I would not suggest terror at all since it takes recovery away unless you got a lot of it stack already.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    The Recovery loss from Terrored Grips was removed some time ago.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    Shows how much I played lately, lol.
  • mirajanesitrimirajanesitri Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    itbls said:

omg nub...still big fan btw..kinda agree with you for using encounter arms aoe and eyestalk st..i mean why not buff ice knife where you can

itbls said:

omg nub...still big fan btw..kinda agree with you for using encounter arms aoe and eyestalk st..i mean why not buff ice knife where you can
    My gripe is that range classes need boots that provide Range power a 3% damage buff, not just hands and shirt. This would help us out a lot more.

I'm on console so my test will not be as accurate as a PC player testing results. I did spend some time testing out the Terror Gripes vs. the Eye Stalk Wraps.

After testing them out this is what I have discovered at least in mod 14, mod 15 may change the out come.

The Terror is slightly better overall if you want to just use one arm piece as it provides around 2% more damage overall throughout a full run. The extra HP help increase a CW damage when running with an OP and the gloves also provide a decent 1K power as well for slightly more damage.

When swapping between Terror/Eyestalk the damage increase is around 0-2% depending upon how fast the fight goes. The longer the fight with more Icy Knife being used results in more buff damage from the Eyestalk. Short fights where you may only get 1 or 2 off the Terror ends up being better or slightly below the Eyestalk wraps in damage.

With changes to AoC for CW in mod 15 I believe that the Eyestalk will be better due to the loss of damage.

I already admitted to being lazy and simply stick with the terror grips as the stats work better for me and the difference is minimal; it is the same reason why I continue to use my dread as I do run buff CW more than a DPS and the dread is BiS for Buff CW.
    yeah just make feet for us with range+encounter bonus on it
    just happen to have a eyestalk laying around...i do see point in terror grips only if new player and in a sense not to waste further ad on trading a eyestalk for something or time grinding for it...but you know..why not :)
    Enduring boots are fine for now. Eyestalks will be easier to get next mod if the drop rates are 100% on trophy items, since 2 rare mobs will be enough to summon the beholder.
    pitshade said:

Enduring boots are fine for now. Eyestalks will be easier to get next mod if the drop rates are 100% on trophy items, since 2 rare mobs will be enough to summon the beholder.

o really...drop rate 100% new mod nice didnt know ty
    Actual patch notes finally addressed it. The change will be good but not as good as I hoped.

"Rare enemies in Chult now have a higher chance to drop their trophy.
    Hunt targets now have a 100% chance to drop their trophies.
    The drop chance of legendary rings from Chultan Hunts has been significantly increased."

So it is still up in the air how much better the initial rare mob farming will be. At least if you get both t1 hunt lures, you should be able to always get the t2 lure.
    I
    pitshade said:

Actual patch notes finally addressed it. The change will be good but not as good as I hoped.

"Rare enemies in Chult now have a higher chance to drop their trophy.

Hunt targets now have a 100% chance to drop their trophies.

The drop chance of legendary rings from Chultan Hunts has been significantly increased."

So it is still up in the air how much better the initial rare mob farming will be. At least if you get both t1 hunt lures, you should be able to always get the t2 lure.

The update to rings is ok but not OMG news as the BiS rings for DPS and support don't come from hunts; one comes from Omu map and the other from Fane chest.