test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bane & War Boar's Relationship

someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
edited October 2018 in PvE Discussion
Does "Bane"/"Warlock's Curse" counts as "Mark"?
And why "Bane" is not a "Mark"?

Maybe it's time to fix all "Mark" descriptions.
GF Tab Mark, GWF DS/IBS Mark, Bane, Warlock's Curse, Bronzewood, Boar Mark, etc.

Encounter power description:
"You place a holy mark on the target. This target deals 10% less damage and takes 10% more damage for 10 seconds. This effect can be stacked up to 3 times. 3 Charges." https://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Bane

Active Bonus:
"Increases damage against Marked targets by 5%." https://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/War_Boar
Rimuru?
Dead 🔪
Post edited by someonedies on

Comments

• cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    I believe that it's a matter of poor word choice. GFs and GWFs can 'mark' targets, while Bane should probably be worded more like "...place a holy ward/symbol/rune..." for clarity.
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

Does "Bane"/"Warlock's Curse" counts as "Mark"?

No.

Yes, I know they use the exact same symbol, but it doesn't proc the War Boar bonus, or the other fighter related marking feats (ex: Powerful Challenge).

Bronzewood

same thing as Bane and Warlock Curse, they might have "mark" in the tooltip, but Bronzewood does not proc any of the fighter feats or the War Boar bonus.

And why "Bane" is not a "Mark"?

Idk

At this point, I'd just accept it as part of imprecise tooltip #438532859821.

Maybe it's time to fix all "Mark" descriptions.
    GF Tab Mark, GWF DS/IBS Mark

These are mostly the same and can proc most of the fighter related feats + war boar.
    But even then, I still question why some marks give 20% personal debuff and 8% team wide debuff, while others just give 8% for personal and team wide.

Boar Mark, etc.

On the subject of the War Boar's marking attack when summoned: it still does not grant Combat Advantage like the other marking effects, and has been bugged like this since its inception.