test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Kicking AFK Players/Throwers in M14

theguiidotheguiido Member Posts: 467 Arc User
edited September 2018 in Player Feedback (Xbox One)
Before, it was really bad to kick these people. They are everywhere, and as clear as day as it is to see why the system was changed, it was really the best system for a variety of reasons, and i'll tell you why.

1. There is simply way to many people AFK, getting disconnected and you as a player simply do not have a chance to stop and kick them immediately from the instance because you need to wait an absurd amount of time, even though some pieces of content don't even take that long, which is absolutely ridiculous.

2. The people in PvP simply are bots. Even though this is more of a joke, the amount of under geared, uncaring people I see in PvP with low item level, and simply are there to respawn is horrible. With no chance to kick them off my team wether they are really bad at playing, disconnected as usual, or they are AFK in spawn running into the rock, it is extremely unfair and a majorly flawed system for me not to be able to have a balanced game. I believe that with a proper PvP tutorial and K/D/A/ ratios, and gear requirements with different brackets this can fix this issue a lot. It does not change the horrible system though.

3. It ruins content and the different type of advanced and intermediate queues etc.. Being forced to wait 15 minutes or 4 hours is so stupid. These people aren't even playing the game! They are wasting MY and YOUR time as we are trying to get some AD. It is bad too considering they barely get any harsh penalties.

Back then I had the option to remove someone freely and it helped to get rid of AFK, disconnected, and throwers. Was it flawed because kids would Queue sync for example in PvP? Yes, but that only affected a minority of people. The main audience of this game now suffers with this new system more than anyone.
Proteus
Guardian Fighter
TLO
https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1221446/the-future-of-the-gf/p1 Existing Problems Still In The Guardian Fighter

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/12984912m
Feat Changes I'd like to see in The Guardian Fighter

Comments

• andyufcfanandyufcfan Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    So you would like to kick people who get disconnected right away? That's messed up, if I wait in queue for 15 minutes or more and the server disconnects me for 1-2 minutes a few minutes within the first few minutes I expect to get back into that game! Now if I get kicked every time that happened I know I'd stop playing. I'd give people 5 minutes or so to get back in, some people need PATIENCE.
  • theguiidotheguiido Member Posts: 467 Arc User

So you would like to kick people who get disconnected right away? That's messed up, if I wait in queue for 15 minutes or more and the server disconnects me for 1-2 minutes a few minutes within the first few minutes I expect to get back into that game! Now if I get kicked every time that happened I know I'd stop playing. I'd give people 5 minutes or so to get back in, some people need PATIENCE.

Thing is though is we do give them 2 minutes, we give them 5 minutes, we give them 10 minutes and we still can't kick them, it's ridiculous. I don't kick them if they are really DC'd (i'll check the GC) but if they are appearing offline, contributing nothing to the run in anyway, slowing us down, and just disconnected for absurd times, then yeah I want that person to GTFO.
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1221446/the-future-of-the-gf/p1 Existing Problems Still In The Guardian Fighter

• tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    Uh huh.

Cause if the system ever got reverted you could guarantee that no worthless **** would ever abuse it to kick people just to be an ***-hole.

Yeah it sucks when people get DC'd and don't come back or go afk, but you just learn to wait. Eventually you can kick them and move on with your life. CR for example is supposed to take over 30 minutes to complete for a legitimate group (that means 14-14.5k and no higher, kiddos) and an extra 5 minutes won't kill you.
  • thegravelnome#9466 thegravelnome Member Posts: 270 Arc User
    3 words: boot and loot.

That is why we have the system that we currently have
  • mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    theguiido said:

Thing is though is we do give them 2 minutes, we give them 5 minutes, we give them 10 minutes and we still can't kick them, it's ridiculous. I don't kick them if they are really DC'd (i'll check the GC) but if they are appearing offline, contributing nothing to the run in anyway, slowing us down, and just disconnected for absurd times, then yeah I want that person to GTFO.
    Yeah, but what you're saying is that you don't want to give anyone the time.
    I often get days where i get a slow/weak connection and have dropped in and out of a dungeon run. As soon as my HAMSTER internet gets its act together I'm back... I won't queue for anything else after that till my connection is more reliable.
    I see it happen to other people too and frankly I must either be luckier than you or something, cos I don't see as many AFKers as I did prior to this second version of the Random Queue.

RQs as a whole are still a hot mess but that's another conversation.

I don't think rage booting anyone who slows you down is likely to be a "thing" again any time soon.

BUT...
    In light of the rather silly timescales involved whereby its impossible to boot someone in certain content because the content is over before the kick countdown, it might be worth looking at the lead times on some Skirmishes and shorter dungeons.

The flat figure is an arbitrary time scale and maybe worth having a look at with a view to tweaking it.
    tgwolf said:

Uh huh.

Cause if the system ever got reverted you could guarantee that no worthless **** would ever abuse it to kick people just to be an ***-hole.

Yeah it sucks when people get DC'd and don't come back or go afk, but you just learn to wait. Eventually you can kick them and move on with your life. CR for example is supposed to take over 30 minutes to complete for a legitimate group (that means 14-14.5k and no higher, kiddos) and an extra 5 minutes won't kill you.

Wow, you still play this game?

You see, waiting 5 minutes for this dungeon, then 10 in this skirmish, yadda yadda, all adds up into time that could be much faster if they decided to put time and effort into the activity they are doing, also look at things like there connection or solve the problem.

It's common courtesy, if you are DC'd and continue to DC, please do EVERYONE a favor and don't queue up publicly until your connection and situation is fixed, or when that person is holding people back, take that time out of your day and instead of mindlessly queueing up work on your character and improve and gain knowledge about the class and the activity you are doing.
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO

theguiido said:

I often get days where i get a slow/weak connection and have dropped in and out of a dungeon run. As soon as my HAMSTER internet gets its act together I'm back... I won't queue for anything else after that till my connection is more reliable.
    I see it happen to other people too and frankly I must either be luckier than you or something, cos I don't see as many AFKers as I did prior to this second version of the Random Queue.

I don't think rage booting anyone who slows you down is likely to be a "thing" again any time soon.

BUT...
    In light of the rather silly timescales involved whereby its impossible to boot someone in certain content because the content is over before the kick countdown, it might be worth looking at the lead times on some Skirmishes and shorter dungeons.

The flat figure is an arbitrary time scale and maybe worth having a look at with a view to tweaking it.
    You think they care about you at the end of the day? You realize how many times on stream i'd go back to save some 9k pug in ETOS? No thanks or nothing. They don't care about you or the fact they get carried at the end of the day. They slow me and the money I COULD make. And slow my friends that I play with down.

It needs to be worked on. Doubt it though considering things that matter haven't changed on this game for years.

It adds up, and quite frankly i've had enough.
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO

• mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    theguiido said:

theguiido said:

BUT...

You think they care about you at the end of the day? You realize how many times on stream i'd go back to save some 9k pug in ETOS? No thanks or nothing. They don't care about you or the fact they get carried at the end of the day. They slow me and the money I COULD make. And slow my friends that I play with down.

It needs to be worked on. Doubt it though considering things that matter haven't changed on this game for years.

It adds up, and quite frankly i've had enough.
    To be honest I'm far more irritated by ego maniacs who seem to treat other players like NPCs who only get in their way.

If I'm doing solo PvE people who hang around waiting to pounce and take quest markers while I'm still fighting (from Sharandar to Barovia... its still an issue.) get on my HAMSTER, but in group play I play as part of a group.

I also find that having a default attitude of giving people the benefit of the doubt rather than assuming they are there to spoil your day, helps.

But I maintain that when you land, for example, Prophecy of Madness and some HAMSTER sits outside the gate zone because they'd rather wait 15 minutes to be booted than have 30 minutes on the naughty step, it would be better if there was a quicker way to address the problem.

And as far as under geared alts running dungeons goes, when mod 15 drops and there will be no more transfer of salvage to alts... lower powered characters are going to be increasing in number in 9k "Intermediate" dungeons.

There will be a lot more people running L70 toons with very few boons in Vistani gear and low quality companions in order to cash in RAD invoke bonus pools.

So in the best interest of your own anxiety levels, it might be worth adopting a more accepting attitude to other players?
  • wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    theguiido said:

Before, it was really bad to kick these people. They are everywhere, and as clear as day as it is to see why the system was changed, it was really the best system for a variety of reasons, and i'll tell you why.

1. There is simply way to many people AFK, getting disconnected and you as a player simply do not have a chance to stop and kick them immediately from the instance because you need to wait an absurd amount of time, even though some pieces of content don't even take that long, which is absolutely ridiculous.

2. The people in PvP simply are bots. Even though this is more of a joke, the amount of under geared, uncaring people I see in PvP with low item level, and simply are there to respawn is horrible. With no chance to kick them off my team wether they are really bad at playing, disconnected as usual, or they are AFK in spawn running into the rock, it is extremely unfair and a majorly flawed system for me not to be able to have a balanced game. I believe that with a proper PvP tutorial and K/D/A/ ratios, and gear requirements with different brackets this can fix this issue a lot. It does not change the horrible system though.

3. It ruins content and the different type of advanced and intermediate queues etc.. Being forced to wait 15 minutes or 4 hours is so stupid. These people aren't even playing the game! They are wasting MY and YOUR time as we are trying to get some AD. It is bad too considering they barely get any harsh penalties.

Back then I had the option to remove someone freely and it helped to get rid of AFK, disconnected, and throwers. Was it flawed because kids would Queue sync for example in PvP? Yes, but that only affected a minority of people. The main audience of this game now suffers with this new system more than anyone.

Agreed... I cant tell you how many times lately I have run a PUG (Like EToS) and someone disconnects and never comes back. I fairly straight forward run turns into a nightmare of having to wait and do NOTHING.

If I leave the group to try and play another run I then get penalised and cant run anything at all... Really stupid mechanics.
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • ashbury#6333 ashbury Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    Shorten the time to wait before the kick and I shouldn't have to wait 4 hours to kick the thrower again.
  • mrimsogoodmrimsogood Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    Or just remove to quitter penalty
  • darkheart#6758 darkheart Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    The devs created this problem when they implemented the leaver penalty. The penalty was put in place to stop dcs and tank from leaving low level dps groups.

Now all this has caused is resentment among higher geared toons and lower geared toons that are looking to be carried.

The kick option should have some changes based on dungeon: Dread and another one can be done in 2 to 3 minutes, a person can sit and do nothing and not get kicked. IC the there is no kick ability.

Lower the kick timer on some options and change the 4 hour kick to say 1hr. Also change the abandon instance to say 1 hour as well.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    Even tiamat can be done before the kick timer expires. If the group fails to one-phase the run, AFKs should not be surprised when they get the boot.

Or just remove to quitter penalty

On the contrary, the penalty needs to be increased to nudge more tanks/heals to stay. The long queue times for DPS is like a penalty already, and no penalty means tanks/heals will be free to choose their runs. Also, the penalty should always be given no matter how the player leaves the run so players can't come up with clever ways to avoid the penalty.
  • darkheart#6758 darkheart Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    > @namelesshero347 said:
    > Or just remove to quitter penalty
    >
    > On the contrary, the penalty needs to be increased to nudge more tanks/heals to stay. The long queue times for DPS is like a penalty already, and no penalty means tanks/heals will be free to choose their runs. Also, the penalty should always be given no matter how the player leaves the run so players can't come up with clever ways to avoid the penalty.

Lol, increase the penalty? Yea, so you can watch said tank or dc sit at location and do nothing until you kick them. Trust me reporting them for game harassment does nothing.
    edited December 2018

Lol, increase the penalty? Yea, so you can watch said tank or dc sit at location and do nothing until you kick them. Trust me reporting them for game harassment does nothing.

Which is why the penalty should be given if a player leaves an instance by any means - abandon, disconnect, kick, everything. Having no way to avoid the penalty means players can't game the system or act like a jerk to force others to kick them. They will simply leave on their own to start the penalty sooner.
    This weekend I did an FBI run with my OP. There were all 13/14K dps and dc. Looked decent inspecting them at the starting camp. I had some time so I figured why not. The run took nearly one hour. DPS wasn't great. ACDC gave AA like once a minute and no BtS. One of the DPS died early at the final boss. Thank goodness the final boss glitched and I wasn't there praying that all the dps don't die on me.

You really can't do any FBI/mSP/ToNG/CR pug runs in 30 minutes or less without having all hdps and a good ACDC. So 30 mins penalty is a small price to pay for tanks/heals when there are weak players.