test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Legendary mounts

Anyone know of any good ways to grind for legendary mounts? I've yet to manage to acquire one. Ended up pulling a razor wood and buying mist form but that batty thing and the tank look spiffy!
Lucifer, the light-bringer. Leading man to ruin and away from salvation since at least 1986!

Best Answers

• eclipseblood#1326 eclipseblood Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    Answer ✓
    Legendary mounts u can have to be VERY VERY lucky or spend a lot of time grinding rad to refine/sell items on ah. Legendary mounts are usually the last thing u want to work towards imo

Answers

• barbours2012#1311 barbours2012 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    guy on youtube showed that it averages 700 enchanted keys in a row (rapid opening) to get legendary in a box. I have giving up hope with keys lol I grind and sell on ah to make ad. As far as epic I have had very good luck (12 raptors, 2 triceratops, mist, 3 razorwoods and tons more in less than 6 months)
  • lucifer#4269 lucifer Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    Yeah, getting lucky or grinding for AD seems to be the only way. I have some decent ones...mist form, griffin, Calvert T-Rex. I just would kill for a mount combat power....mounts are the coolest part of the game in my opinion. It's so great when you see some mook running around on the back of a manticore. Those things are effing creepy.
    Lucifer, the light-bringer. Leading man to ruin and away from salvation since at least 1986!
    Yeah, I've been skeptical of the RNG stuff. It seems to me they set it up so that, each day, it takes everyone as a whole opening x amount of LBs before they allow someone to pull a legendary mount or something like that. I don't buy RNG because statistically speaking, if it was RNG you'd have a decent shot of pulling something good in 1200 keys depending on how high the RNG goes (or how many different numbers it uses) I get the feeling it may also have to do with those that spend more money being more likely to pull something good. I think for now I'll just farm epic items from Qs and save up some AD. My item level isn't even quite to 10,000 yet so I'm far from through all the campaigns. Honestly the legendary mounts are probably overrated and legendary companions are probably more useful overall. I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say those lockboxes are effing annoying. You'll pull garbage from them almost every single time, and yet if you throw away all of the 150+ boxes you get over a few hours of play time-- you'll quickly end up with another 150+ in a short time. I imagine those without VIP or those that just don't bother with the LBs at all get frustrated at how much they spam drop from enemies. It's ridiculous. Come on arc! When you. Only get one key a day fromVIP, why the hell do I pick up another lockbox from just about every enemy I kill? No one is ever going to spend real money to buy enough keys to open them all!! And by the way, we shouldn't have to pay for ever single key when you pull HAMSTER 99.99999% of the time. Give us enchanted keys dropping from enemys at least 10% of the amount of times the lockboxes drop! Paying for them being the only way to aquire the, is kind of a cheap trick to make y'all money. I get it's free to play and everything, but come on.
    They'll never add a bad luck counter, simply because they're greedy just like the rest of the world. Can't blame them, really, but it still blows goats.
  • theredgodz#4642 theredgodz Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    I have to agree some accounts do have better rng then others, personally I've spent thousands on this game and pulled or traded for more leg packs and mounts it should be criminal!

My advice get r13s on your character and all r14s on your companion, the difference between 2k and 4k mounts is minuscule the only advantage is the combat powers so swarm/ trex will be the most "noticeable increase in damage".

I have 31 years of vip and was "lucky enough" to pull 2 trex packs. Wonder if they will refund me once neverwinter inevitably dies...
    I know no one cares, but I finally got my legendary mount! The swarm! And it is.....oh so sweet. Just flying around and effing up some bosses with the combat power is sweet! Too bad I had to buy it in the AH instead of getting lucky and pulling one....still. Totally worth it.
  • missdayummissdayum Member Posts: 230 Arc User

I been playing since day 1 on PS4. 700 keys to get 1 legendary is not accurate. I used 1200 keys during the Summer sale of 2017 and pulled zero legendary mount and yet a friend using 50 pulled 3 during the period where I opened 1200. Go figure. When we calculated all of my loot based on my number of keys 120 keys were consumed and no reward was provided by the game, so simply pressing the button down is not good, you have other players that have latency that can use your keys and the company will not refund you period.

Simply put and all there is you need to know about the RNG in THIS game! +1
    Best guild: Guardians of the Fallen (2019-2021)
    My past guilds: Guardians of Midgard/HazardousNation/SomewhatSerious/JesusHadSoulforged/ImperialLegion/LadiesofNeverwinter/OutKast
    My past alliances: LookGoodPlayGood/Eviscerate/JesusHadSoulforged/Ruthless/TheLegendaryOutlaws

GWF - 4,069 Gear Score (classic)
    Barbarian - 48,499 Total Item Level
    RIP Bonding Runestones since "combat/companion changes" update on February 5, 2021

Master of Svardborg (banner) trophy, unlocked January 4, 2020! (Playstation4) / Master of Svardborg (banner) achievement, unlocked August 9, 2017! (XboxOne) / Dragon's Bane (Defeat 1000 Dragons) trophy, unlocked February 5, 2020! (Playstation4) / Dragon's Bane (Defeat 1000 Dragons) achievement, unlocked June 9, 2015! (XboxOne) / Portal Dodger achievement, unlocked July 16, 2017! (XboxOne)
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    missdayum said:

I been playing since day 1 on PS4. 700 keys to get 1 legendary is not accurate. I used 1200 keys during the Summer sale of 2017 and pulled zero legendary mount and yet a friend using 50 pulled 3 during the period where I opened 1200. Go figure. When we calculated all of my loot based on my number of keys 120 keys were consumed and no reward was provided by the game, so simply pressing the button down is not good, you have other players that have latency that can use your keys and the company will not refund you period.

RNG is RNG but like I stated, I'm the +5 ring king. I have acquired all the +5 rings in this game. I have yet to see a lego mount.

I decided to go against what I said and bought another 300 keys. I got zero lego again. A friend got 3 with 100. However, I have to say I didn't feel as ripped off as before as I found the Reborn pack awards to be better value. I got 5 UES, 5 epic packs, 10 orcus shard, plenty of refinement, etc... Normally I would complain about the loot but this time around the loot wasn't all that bad from the keys. I like the new packs a lot more than the older packs.

missdayum said:

RNG is RNG but like I stated, I'm the +5 ring king. I have acquired all the +5 rings in this game. I have yet to see a lego mount.

I decided to go against what I said and bought another 300 keys. I got zero lego again. A friend got 3 with 100. However, I have to say I didn't feel as ripped off as before as I found the Reborn pack awards to be better value. I got 5 UES, 5 epic packs, 10 orcus shard, plenty of refinement, etc... Normally I would complain about the loot but this time around the loot wasn't all that bad from the keys. I like the new packs a lot more than the older packs.

Agreed. I. Like the new boxes better too. I bought six keys during the zen sale and with my daily key I've pulled an epic companion pack, the epic and legendary shard of orcus and tons of stones and rafinement stuff. I've found, with the new boxes,you're at least slightly more likely to pull a decent top tier reward but also that you often get duplicates in the two lower tiers because they contain some of the same items.