test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Consult Expedition Pack - Hairstyles for Nk zen?

someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User

Companion looks absolutely "fantastic".
Ordinary fashion..

But! Hairstyles in the pack? How many, just 2? Can we paint them in any color (not only in the "race palette)?
https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11006793-consult-expedition-pack
Rimuru?
Dead 🔪

Comments

• Options
    cforest#0755 cforest Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    I hope these hairstyles are account unlocks?
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    With 9 coupons, you can get the wards, rubies (plus extra refinement items from ruby pack), and 30-day VIP for 5760 zen. That means the companion (marginally useful for some perhaps), fashion and currencies cost 1740 Zen (with current 25% discount, more when that sale ends). I’m sure some people will be willing to pay $17 for fashion and farmable currency and whatever, but....... not me. That’s a lot of tacos.
  • Options
    cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    There is also a pack of keys "and magic items" included with the pack. Is that in your calculations?

Edit: Anyone know just how *many* keys are included?
  • Options
    cforest#0755 cforest Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    I saw 20 enchanted keys on the stream.
  • Options
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    kvet said:

With 9 coupons, you can get the wards, rubies (plus extra refinement items from ruby pack), and 30-day VIP for 5760 zen. That means the companion (marginally useful for some perhaps), fashion and currencies cost 1740 Zen (with current 25% discount, more when that sale ends). I’m sure some people will be willing to pay $17 for fashion and farmable currency and whatever, but....... not me. That’s a lot of tacos.

the other thing to consider is how much of that anyone actually needs. a lot of us would be better off just waiting for coupons and buying coals. lol. my big question is there anything profitable from being able to farm the skirmish day one. skirmishes don't have a great history of salable items dropping it seems like. I hope there is more coming than just a skirmish for a mod that is the only mod for the next six months or so. this particular box is looking like a pass to me so far. (unless something amazing is supposed to drop from the skirmish)
  • Options
    nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    My wife and I are definitely giving this a pass. The keys would be nice, as would the one month of VIP. The coal wards are necessary, but not that expensive when you shop smart. We like the look of our helmets on our characters (and one of my two main characters is dragonborn - so no hair!), which makes the hairstyles moot. The fashion gear is probably pretty bland, but if we want it I'm sure there will be people selling it on the AH. The companion is basically useless (we certainly wouldn't use it). The title is completely uninspiring and lacking humor.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    > @thefiresidecat said:
    >
    > I hope there is more coming than just a skirmish for a mod that is the only mod for the next six months or so. this particular box is looking like a pass to me so far. (unless something amazing is supposed to drop from the skirmish)

Supposedly the endgame content is Challenge of the Old, running DV, Idris, MD and EFH with the Hardcore (no one can die) and minimum IL settings. The reward is the new IL600 gear.

There are a number of issues.
    1)Progression in the game is gear. An challenge that denies you the use of what you have worked for is a diversion. It is not endgame.

2) The new IL600 gear is BIS for no one. It won't replace +%damage gear or power heavy gear for ACDC and OP. The hat bonus wasn't memorable but it didn't thrill me.

3) No one dying is fine for an achievement, but everyone ought to be familiar with the bugs in every dungeon m10 and up that can glitch someone to death. Kill Drufi/Nostura too quickly, Missing platform tilt cues in Tomb, AoE and Hand grab during pull push, people spawning off the platform, both from Cradle. People getting stuck in the floor on CR during final attack... so while doing no death runs ought to always be the goal, let's be realistic here...
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    pitshade said:

3) No one dying is fine for an achievement, but everyone ought to be familiar with the bugs in every dungeon m10 and up that can glitch someone to death. Kill Drufi/Nostura too quickly, Missing platform tilt cues in Tomb, AoE and Hand grab during pull push, people spawning off the platform, both from Cradle. People getting stuck in the floor on CR during final attack... so while doing no death runs ought to always be the goal, let's be realistic here...

Yeah. This doesn't interest me in the least. I like being able to just take it easy and have some fun even when I do something stupid and get myself sent back to the campfire for some s'mores. Hardcore mode doesn't even move the needle for me.
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    pitshade said:

> @thefiresidecat said:

>

> I hope there is more coming than just a skirmish for a mod that is the only mod for the next six months or so. this particular box is looking like a pass to me so far. (unless something amazing is supposed to drop from the skirmish)

Supposedly the endgame content is Challenge of the Old, running DV, Idris, MD and EFH with the Hardcore (no one can die) and minimum IL settings. The reward is the new IL600 gear.

There are a number of issues.

1)Progression in the game is gear. An challenge that denies you the use of what you have worked for is a diversion. It is not endgame.

2) The new IL600 gear is BIS for no one. It won't replace +%damage gear or power heavy gear for ACDC and OP. The hat bonus wasn't memorable but it didn't thrill me.

wow, that just sounds like super fail.
  • Options
    zerappuszerappus Member Posts: 138 Arc User

Companion looks absolutely "fantastic".
    Ordinary fashion..

But! Hairstyles in the pack? How many, just 2? Can we paint them in any color (not only in the "race palette)?
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11006793-consult-expedition-pack

*Now everyone's main can look like the fabulous flowing-maned Fabio*. Are they going to be bound to account or tradeable?
  • Options
    @zerappus
    I think it's account unlock just like races, but who knows.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪