test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game crashes continuously on right trigger attack.

malkaevianmalkaevian Member Posts: 12 Arc User
Ive made 3 new characters. Every single one of them different classes and every single one crashes as soon as I hit my main attack right default trigger.

It attacks and then the game freezes and goes brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, you have to close the client.

Ive tried reinstalling, restarting the console and client, and even deleteing and remaking the characters.

Nothing works, the game always crashes as soon as I attack something.

Comments

• omegarealities#7219 omegarealities Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    You mentioned that it happens on the three new characters. Do you have other previous characters that this occurs on as well.
  • malkaevianmalkaevian Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    No. I just started playing. My accounts old but I never actually played didnt have time. So these are my only characters.
  • sillest#2473 sillest Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I have issues with persistent crashing as well. Seems to be an incompatibility issue with DirectX 12 about 80% of the time. The rest of the crashing happens when trying to change zones to Guild Stronghold (from everywhere) or just by being in Protector's Enclave. Have faithfully documented the crashes in the crash window but this has gotten tedious and annoying and really spoils gameplay. I cannot even do a random anymore due to disconnections (most of the time... rare that I make it to the end of a higher end instance). My system meets or exceeds game specifications for Neverwinter. The shiny and new is great but what about the persistent crash/disconnection issues?
  • omegarealities#7219 omegarealities Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited October 2018

I have issues with persistent crashing as well. Seems to be an incompatibility issue with DirectX 12 about 80% of the time. The rest of the crashing happens when trying to change zones to Guild Stronghold (from everywhere) or just by being in Protector's Enclave. Have faithfully documented the crashes in the crash window but this has gotten tedious and annoying and really spoils gameplay. I cannot even do a random anymore due to disconnections (most of the time... rare that I make it to the end of a higher end instance). My system meets or exceeds game specifications for Neverwinter. The shiny and new is great but what about the persistent crash/disconnection issues?

It sounds like your problem might me on a PC? If that is the case, the PC boards might be of greater help. Since PCs run on a different operating system than consoles, they may be able to better help you there.

https://arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/categories/bug-reports-pc

No. I just started playing. My accounts old but I never actually played didnt have time. So these are my only characters.

Is it only Neverwinter that does this? I am assuming of course this is on Xbox, but is almost sounds like the console is freezing up.
    Yes it is only neverwinter. All of my other games play just fine.
    edited October 2018
    Alright so I went back and tested some More stuff, it appears that Any attack skill will freez and crash the game.

Wtf, so basically I cant play until the next patch?.

Glad I didnt sub to Vip I guess. Would have wasted the money. :(

To be honest Ive been waiting days to hear back from support on this but not a peep, its like they dont care that people are completely unable to play their game.

I think at this point im just going to leave a 1 star negative review and uninstall it. This game is years old, it should not have any romote issues like this, and im not sure how this issue madenit past testing, I mean its literally, you press an attack skill the game goes boom freezes and locks up.

That and the complete lack of craps given by the support or devs is rediculous.

Guess ill just go play ESO or something, at least I "can" play that.
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User

Alright so I went back and tested some More stuff, it appears that Any attack skill will freez and crash the game.

Wtf, so basically I cant play until the next patch?.

Glad I didnt sub to Vip I guess. Would have wasted the money. :(

To be honest Ive been waiting days to hear back from support on this but not a peep, its like they dont care that people are completely unable to play their game.

I think at this point im just going to leave a 1 star negative review and uninstall it. This game is years old, it should not have any romote issues like this, and im not sure how this issue madenit past testing, I mean its literally, you press an attack skill the game goes boom freezes and locks up.

That and the complete lack of craps given by the support or devs is rediculous.

Guess ill just go play ESO or something, at least I "can" play that.

You should realize this is not a common problem, in fact this is the first I've heard of it. That tends to indicate it is user, account or machine specific. Support probably has no idea as it may be new to them as well.

I would at least try basic console troubleshooting by deleting then redownloading and then doing a hard reset of the console before playing. The more information you can give to support, the more likely they can help.
    I did all of that, im also an IT guy so im about 99% sure its not me, I even tried my friends xboxone. It still crashes. Its obviously not me or my console.

I can say however that it seems to specifically effect the classes they just updated.

Personally.... Im not a believer in cooencidence. Technology just doesnt work that way.

I am however giving it one more go, im going to wipe the xbox completely factory reset it and then reinstall....

If it still crashes I will know without a doubt it is nothing on my end.

Just so I am being fair about this.
    edited October 2018
    Alright, even after a full wipe and factory reset and reinstall, the game still does the exact same thing.

This is definitely a game issue. It seems like it has somethung to do with compatibility of sound drivers as the loud brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr is usually a dead give away for that. But since this is an xbox not a damn thing I can do to fix that. And yes my console has the latest update.
    Alright so, just for just, I deleted the a character and made a new one, exact same everything.

No more crashes... yet.

So.. while thisbis still an issue amd should be fixed i think for now its resolved.

Something must have glitched dureing character ceeation.
    edited October 2018
    Well... I take it back, 5 enemies later.... crash. So obviously not resolved.

Im curious if thisbis a crossnplatform game. Im wondering what would happennon my laptop with this account and these characters.
    edited October 2018
    Alright so I tries my other classes warlock and cleric, no crashes, but the Paladin is still crashing like crazy on every attack.

It seems like this class is riddled with issues for aome reason.

Unfortunately thats actually the class I want to play.

The only difference is hes a human, the others are elves... Gonna try that but the 3% is critical for a tank so this really blows even if bnb it works.
    Nope.... still crashes on Paladin. There is definitely something wrong with the game itself.
    edited October 2018
    So I remade the paladin as a human again, bur this time I changed his appearance, game has not crashed yet.

It should also be noted that it only crashed when you hit an enemy. You could stand still and attack all day with no crashes but once you struck something, brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

In any case I have no idea why it was crashing but hopefully I have fixes the issue. Reguardless this is dedinitely something the devs need to look i to.

Its possible the reason its so rare is because it only occures if the character is made a certain way etc.

Reguardless with the game as old as it is I am disapoint this issue even occured at all.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    You said that your account is old. Did you create these characters years ago and just never had time to play them?

I may be remembering wrong but I think something changed in the character creation process (added/removed skins etc).

Just guessing at this point because this problem seems super rare and I've never seen or heard it mentioned anywhere for console. Driver issues are normally only a PC thing.

If changing your appearance solved the issue I would guess your character may have been using an appearance that was removed/bugged.