test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The "New Class(es)" Feedback Thread!

Comments

• astavisastavis Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    It seems to me that we shouldn't overstate the idea of class balance. In fact, new classes may even contribute to the overall balance between classes. Nonetheless, and certainly in light of the announced changes, I'd like to reply to the following:

... i most believe that prestige classes are most needed to bring NW to new heights. give 20 new powers and such, another paragon tree

TR to Assassin increased deadliness when not targeted and/or behind target
    SW to Necromancer ability to summon the dead (even players) to fight for a few minutes
    GWF to barbarian
    GF to dragon knight GF in serious need of upgrading anyway
    CW to....... sorcerer/summoner? make CW have more powers other than just the elements
    HR to Arcane Archer ???? Add some arcane kick to this class
    DC to ...... ? something along the lines of a divine chosen one
    OP to ..... ?

theguiido said:

Now that you mention it, whenever they do the rework they can add those aspects. You should feel in fear when you see the GF as it creates space, that rework of adding in better animations and upgrades is what the class NEEDS.

Sounds like fun! Let me suggest something for the paragon choices that still have question marks:
    CW: Hourglass Wizard - party speed & friendly AoE teleportation to/from caster; recharge and attack speed (de)buff; perhaps some boost to arcane/electric powers (to counter the ice/fire bias in the other paragon choices)
    HR: Venomtip Ranger - attacks add stacking debuffs that after some time cause some combination of dmg/daze/DoT/daily&encounter recharge time depending on the type of enemy, additional stacks are added when roots are applied to an enemy; poison arrow/cure debuffs.
    DC: Revelation Cleric - the cleric and buffed allies deal more damage to and take less damage from enemies as enemy health decreases; increased lifesteal against bosses; increased dmg against minions (especially undead)
    OP: Villainous Paladin - increased threat, increased selfhealing, gain of temp hp and shields (instead of higher dmg resistance or healing of others); option(?) to sacrifice some dmg resistance in trade for increased damage and deflection.
  • eztigmaxeztigmax Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    the necromancer will amazing
  • athena#9205 athena Member Posts: 575 Arc User

I want a monk, ever since reading RA salvatores 3 monks, it would be AWESOME. And a monk with psionic abilities in this game is my dream (buff/debuff tank dps), however the game needs more healer buffer classes. SO.... a druid who can have two roles healer on one and caster on the other. Caster role would have nature spells and be able to polymorph (IMHO) and the healer druid would be able to heal/buff/debuff perhaps heal by taking team damage onto him/herself and drawing energy from the earth

Aside from that... i most believe that prestige classes are most needed to bring NW to new heights. give 20 new powers and such, another paragon tree

TR to Assassin increased deadliness when not targeted and/or behind target
    SW to Necromancer ability to summon the dead (even players) to fight for a few minutes
    GWF to barbarian
    GF to dragon knight GF in serious need of upgrading anyway
    CW to....... sorcerer/summoner? make CW have more powers other than just the elements
    HR to Arcane Archer ???? Add some arcane kick to this class
    DC to ...... ? something along the lines of a divine chosen one
    OP to ..... ?

My revised idea on prestige classes

Assassin: gains DOT poison attack on melee strike, stacks 10 times, target takes 2x more atwill and 5x more encounter damage when not facing you, traps are disarmed by moving near them, gains a 1% chance of instantly killing any mob when its below 40% health and any boss when below 20% health on melee strike (CD 2 sec)

Necromancer: any encounter power gains a 20% chance to raise a dead mob to undeath to fight for you for 60 seconds or until destroyed, all attacks deal plague damage that spreads on death of target (any target that dies of plague and not power has a 50% chance of resurrecting as undead for the player). Gains the ability to summon an undead hoarde from hell for 30 seconds (daily)

Barbarian: gains 10% defense and crit % bonus. every time determination is used a 50% chance of summoning a ghost barbarian to fight for you for 30 seconds, if ghost survives 30 seconds it empowers the barbarian with 1000 power and 1000 movement for 5 seconds, stacks 5 times. Every time barbarian is hit, the defense % goes up 5% to a total of 30% bonus for 5 seconds.

Dragon Knight: Gains 10% defense and deflection from draconic skin. Melee attacks deal 10% chance random dragon breath damage (fire, ice, lightning, poison, acid). Gains daily that summons dragon rage from the skies, dragons high up rain down breath attacks on stunned mobs.

Sorcerer: delves into the mystic arts and is able to transmute enemy attacks onto other mobs nearby, is able to cause a mob to see another mob as the enemy. Gains elemental rage shield automatically after a number of hits in time, this shield attacks mobs nearby and restores the sorcerer at the same time. ( Daily )Able to embody the elements and move fast as wind, strong as earth, powerful as fire, agile as water, quick as lightning, and hard as ice.

HR to Druid: Randomly calls forth animals to fight for him/her. is immune to rooting spells, and resistant to slow spells On nature encounter use gain aspect of that encounter ( stag, gains movement boost, boar gains defense boost, plant growth gains LS boost, etc... Gains daily called natures balance: 1 animal for every mob that is currently fighting with or near the druid, roots spring forth to root all mobs and give poison DOT

DC to Avatar: Gains a deity specific power (can change diety to choose the right one for you), all powers are boosted by 5% for every mob up to 30% that is nearby the avatar. Gains immunity to CC and reduced damage while in divine mode for 5 seconds (CD 5 seconds), gains reversal daily: all mobs/bosses attacking any buffed player recieves double the damage in return, players take half, any CC effect is reflected back onto caster.

OP to Eldritch Knight: Gains enhanced power and defense. Gaines Eldritch Strike daily that teleports to target and slices them up stunning them and leaving them vulnerable to attacks for 10 seconds. Arcane strike at will does arcane damage to target and chains to 3 other targets at 50% strength. Can summon forth eldritch shield that encases himself and all allies nearby for a time on random chance when struck.
  • nyghtshroude#9048 nyghtshroude Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Here are a few ideas.

Druid class and Sorcerer

New Paragons: Blackguard (Paladin, all fighter classes), Lich (Control Wizard, Sorcerer) Shape Shifter (Druid) Fiendpact Warlock (a more sinister paragon choice)

New races: Undead, construct even a vampire (at least a half vampire)
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    This thread is already 3 years old. There is no hope left for a new class.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

This thread is already 3 years old. There is no hope left for a new class.

Funnily enough I was only thinking this right now.

Its a great place to come for wistful thinking :)
  • iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    Yeah, the cyclical class balance argument means that classes will never actually be balanced due to the release of ongoing content. It's probably safe to assume that there will be no new classes added as this could create the possibility for more class balancing. It's like offering a dog a treat but you keep pulling it away, eventually the dog catches on that the treat isn't for them. It's been fun to speculate, but the reality is what we see is what we get from this point on I'm afraid. (Though I'd love to be proven wrong.)
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    It's more that until recently, the devs declined to give a firm answer about the possibility of a new class. Presumably to avoid driving people away, but ultimately allowing hope to continue was crueler.

https://imgur.com/a/4APh857
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    New Classes

Druid

Sorcerer

Sorcerer can become either a Lich or Dragon Disciple in their advanced class if you don't give us prestige class. Druid can become a shape shifter like a werewolf or become more stronger with elements making them a second control wizard.

Classes to add if you want to go with the standard prestige format:
    Dragon Disciple
    Lich
    Blackguard
    Werewolf for Druid
    Special Paladins like Undead hunter
    Necromancer (though we also have Lich so maybe this would be more of a path then Lich is the prestige)
    Clerics of a specific god (receive buffs unique to certain beings)

New Races:
    Undead (they made a book called Libris Mortis that can be used for this). Undead take more damage from fire and healing spells hurt them, but otherwise they can be played. Two variations - Vampire and Wight. You have immunity from sun because you have a magical ring or something. Vampires receive access to a specific class known as Vampire. It's a number of extra abilities. You from a role play point are controlled by Neverwinter wizards or you some how have your own will.

• shwabbashwabba Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    I saw this thread and got excited. Then I saw that this thread was 3 years old, with no changes. It's a shame really, because a lot of these classes could easily be transferred from existing classes. You could easily make a druid out of the Hunter Ranger class abilities and a great weapon fighter is clearly just a barbarian by another name. It would require very few tweaks to bring up the existing classes to fifth edition standards. Ah well, another cold thread relegated to wishful thinking posts.
    don't discount wishful thinking posts. The Developers look at everything they can, and work to make the community happy within their limits. well thought out suggestions are a great way to help them.
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    the Summoner

This class branches into three specialties:
    1) Master - this branch focuses on quantity over quality... a master of minions.
    2) Awakener - this branch focuses on quality or quantity, a single powerful ally or champion.
    3) Bonder - this branch focuses on summoning spirits which buff & support allies
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    nyghtshroud, you mean that necromancer, there was a class, "Palemaster", also mentioning paladin version of undead hunter, would be as "Doomguard" as seen in Neverwinter Graveyard.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

Yeah, the cyclical class balance argument means that classes will never actually be balanced due to the release of ongoing content. It's probably safe to assume that there will be no new classes added as this could create the possibility for more class balancing. It's like offering a dog a treat but you keep pulling it away, eventually the dog catches on that the treat isn't for them. It's been fun to speculate, but the reality is what we see is what we get from this point on I'm afraid. (Though I'd love to be proven wrong.)

Hate to break the news but the reality is you cannot achieve TRUE CLASS BALANCING. The best the devs can achieve is getting classes damage to be within a variance of each other and most games aim for a 5% variance. There will be times when one class is simply better than others in specific content due to how the class produces damage. But if the damage variance is 5% it will not hinder another DPS from being productive.

As for Prestige classes, simply no. The devs are still holding onto 4e material in this game and need to drop the 4e mantra and move into 5e.

Time to remove the Control from the Wizard, Hunter from the Ranger, Great Weapon and Guardian from the Fighter, Oathbound from the Paladin, etc... classes should simply be...

Wizard, Ranger, Paladin, Fighter, Warlock, Cleric, and Rogue.

Than based on our paragon path it would change our class name just like how it is now done.

As for new classes...I want the Bard, Monk and Druid and to be released all at the same time.

Bard - Buffer/DPS
    Monk - Tank / DPS
    Druid - Healer / DPS

Who wouldn't want to play one of the new classes. You want to talk about bringing life back to this game, releasing all 3 at the same time would definitely do that and many end game players who want to play something new may actual take a dive into another class.

I think we will have to wait until the devs figure out what they plan to do come mod 16.
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited October 2018

As for new classes...I want the Bard, Monk and Druid and to be released all at the same time.

Bard - Buffer/DPS
    Monk - Tank / DPS
    Druid - Healer / DPS

Who wouldn't want to play one of the new classes. You want to talk about bringing life back to this game, releasing all 3 at the same time would definitely do that and many end game players who want to play something new may actual take a dive into another class.

I think we will have to wait until the devs figure out what they plan to do come mod 16.

1. Some of us do not want to play other classes. We want the class we play to be semi functional, though even that is to much to ask.. apparently.
    2. Devs clearly said they don't have a new class even in plans, meaning that it is not mod16 (the one they have already teams working on now) or 17 (already planned) and probably not 18, and by their ability to balance and the rate of content creation and team downsizing with shuffle to other projects, there is no new class coming any time soon.
  • aerhythia#3255 aerhythia Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    I'd also like prestige evolution sub-classes over entire new ones while remaining old classes. We would basically get new classes while still playing our mains as well as saving resources for devs if reused weapons, animations and so on instead of creating entire new classes. TR would develop into Thief or Ninja, HR Druid or Shape Shifter, GF Pegasus Knight or Wyvern Knight, DC Bard or Dancer, CW Black Mage or White Mage, OP White Knight or Dark Knight, GWF Monk or Barbarian, SW Necromancer or Witcher.
  • raiderone000raiderone000 Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    So what does Removing COMING SOON mean? DOES IT MEAN THIS THREAD IS A CARROT?
    Guys, being realistic here, how long until the next gen of consoles come out? Because that is the max lifespan of this game, on consoles at least. I can almost guarantee they're already working on the next gen replacement and that's where all of NW's development resources are disappearing to. And that's not a bad thing. This game is so deeply rooted in 4e mechanics that to truly bring it up to 5e in any way other than cosmetically, they're going to have to tear up the floor boards and repour the foundation. It's far cheaper to just start from scratch. Just think how awesome NW2 will be, with customizable 5e characters we can build using the books we bought for tabletop. They'll have skills you can actually choose, and real feats again! Maybe they'll take a cue from the old 3e NWN games and make it so we can multiclass again. Anyway, all I'm saying is, let's enjoy this game as long as it lasts, be thankful for what updates we do get, and not expect too much, because we've only got two, maybe three years left.
    The game that Cryptic is working on is based on MtG, not NW2.

There won't be a sequel. They just keep working on this game until it isn't profitable. Then it goes into maintenance mode as long as it generates enough revenue to keep the server running.
    It might not be Cryptic, but somebody's got that license, and you can bet that when it goes live WotC will pull this plug quicker than a playboy bunny married to an old billionaire. They have a history of burying old editions when the new one comes out.
    pitshade said:

The game that Cryptic is working on is based on MtG, not NW2.

There won't be a sequel. They just keep working on this game until it isn't profitable. Then it goes into maintenance mode as long as it generates enough revenue to keep the server running.

Just like Champions Online. It will be set to the back burner. You'll get something every once and a bit but you will never have active development
  • badgerpants999badgerpants999 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 70 Arc User
    Yup The "Coming Soon" option has disappeared from the Class selection box. I guess we can kiss goodbye any hope of a new class in Neverwinter!
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    then why this topic still up if devs wont add any new class. close it! just another click bait.
    no new class mean it dead, i guess we missed a sign back at the gate, "abandon all hope ye enter here"
  • justicesupremejusticesupreme Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    hmmm any update on this other than specculation?
    https://m.imgur.com/a/4APh857

Devs say no new class this year.
  • pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    pitshade said:

Yeah, because what everyone was asking for was a professions overhaul O_o
  • zogarazogara Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    I really would love to know what happened to the work they had done on making a druid class. I swear a dev mentioned a long while ago (shortly before the Paladin's release) that Druid would be the next class, as they had it partially completed.

And they need to cut the "no new class until class balance" BS, because classes will NEVER be balanced. People will always claim a class is OP/UP compared to others, especially when PvP is involved... They should have never had implemented PvP in the first place.
    Post edited by zogara on
  • eliasar#2396 eliasar Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    Classes can actualy be somewhat balanced, as in any other game with so many classes at least, but DEVs confirmed that not even first step to it is not going to happen (pvp and pve powers) because its too difficult for players to "understand it".
  • pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    pitshade said:

Yeah, because what everyone was asking for was a professions overhaul O_o
    remember the developer team did a overhaul with new lead designer i think it was. Plus they have a big project with the Waterdeep module the is rumored to be the next one out. (if waterdeep, then understand that WD was a huge city. Relative to NY city to a midwest city in difference) And they have plans several modules out. It may take some time to bring a new class in to being. Likely not gonna be Module 16 or 17 if it is an expansion of 16. And there is hope for all 3 popular class choices as found out by the poll done last year, which druid, bard and monk were the top requested.