test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Collection Points Question

So just exalted a primal main and offhand and the collection only gave the legendary (orange) one should it give all or do we have to exalt a uncommon ( green ) one then level it to get all the collection

Comments

• Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Hi @knightrider86#9458! We are working on a fix so that legendary gives all ranks credit in the collection.
  • Options
    agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    @nitocris83

This is interesting, does that mean that some collection entries can be triggered (with a fix) thanks to other entries? Like legendary rank triggering the completion of uncommon/rare/epic.

I'd like to know if ever collection entries could be used to trigger some buggy achievement? And yes, I'm talking about "The Ascended" achievement and title, that was bugged at some point.
    Link to the original thread of mine that never got an answer here.

I would be VERY grateful if ever this could be done, as this achievement was several months of intense grinding (arcanic focus is a bottleneck, doing 35 times each instance is a pain in the back, doing hundreds HE for the Arcane Magical Writings is a nightmare). Hundreds of hours invested in the completion of that achievement that is STILL bugged, despite my collection page being 100% on River District.

Please, just please tell me there's a way to fix that. I can't do it again, I just can't.
  • Options
    terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2018
    "The Ascended" achievement is tracked differently; we're aware of the issue but haven't yet gotten a fix on that. I haven't looked into whether Collections progress can be used to validate or give credit for in-game achievements.

For Collections, we have a specific way of saying, "If you have item X, then pop the collection entries for items Y and Z too," that only affects the Collections system. This make sense to apply for Exalted weapons.

Edit: While I can't promise a retroactive fix to "The Ascended," I've got a task in our system to investigate the potential for doing so. It may be a long time before we follow through with it though.
    Post edited by terramak on