What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

M15: Trickster Rogue Class Changes

Comments

• gosu#4653 gosu Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Exactly why nerf our run speed
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

> @mebengalsfan#9264 said:

> Not my first post on this, But we all would like to know if your seriously takeing well thought out suggestions into account. Having a very hard time doing my daily/weekly grinds (17k+). Looking very hard to get out now, even today no one asks for a TR for anything, that should be your thermometer and the health of the TR, nerf us and let me be on my way.

>

> TR are one of the best dps in the game as of mod 14. For me as there is a problem with balancing PvP and PvE it will be nice to split them.

> As there are loadouts mechanism implemented, just make PvP and PvE loadouts separately, then balance both without making compromise between PvP and PvE.

>

> They already have modifiers in certain powers/feats that make big changes in PVP. I don't know why they don't work on those a bit.

>

> I don't think Devs understand the class (well, the TR and the DC. For better or worse the HR and the CW are not changing much status quo). The GWF notes show that, at least this time, there is understanding of its gameplay, mechanics, and most importantly what is enjoyable about the class. So that they can carefully work around said theme or themes, handling the "enjoyable" aspects of the class very tenderly while roughing it up with other parts.

>

> CW base mechanics are changing. Since mod 12 CW went from Thaum to Opp and with mod 15 we are now going to the Renegade feat path. CW is the worst DPS in the game and nothing is changing come mode 15.

>

> A friend tested out the TR and the damage does drop from the mod 14 bugs and glitches that exist for TR. The cool down adjustments should not happen as it is impacting all TR builds. I hope the devs modify the cool downs a bit to make encounters come back faster for the TR as these minor changes will help quite a bit. There are a few other things but I rarely play TR but friends that have been testing it out said what they see in mod 15, hopefully the devs will come back and make further adjustments in mod 16 to improve the class further.

>

> What I like about the mod 15 changes is the devs seem to be making long term builds for TR, DC, etc... but as I stated in DC and CW threads, the lack of proper up front communication about the long term goal has really hurt mod 15 class balancing.

The game is it beta mode anymore, it's too late for huge changes.

Like any marriage you cant just change who you are to be something worse or the person you are with won't be happy.

Like any relationship, what you do to attract someone is what you must maintain to keep them.

That said changing all the core stuff that made our tr's work 5 years later is a great way to make us feel cheated on and find someone more loyal to us. Someone that will listen to us and hear us. Someone that understands who we are and what we want.

We played this game because tr had the things we wanted.

Dont ruin the relationship.

So far all you said was," mmm.how about we move to venus" but we are still on earth. Move to venus (i.e. current mod 15 changes) and you can blast off without us.

Since my CW has reached end game, every mod other than 14 I have had to make some pretty big changes to even make the character worth using in end game. So I don't feel for any other character at this point.

Also you are thinking narrowly right now with the TR. DPS, DPS and DPS and OMG I'm top DPS in mod 14 devs please don't touch the TR.

I'm sorry but even with the CW changes that I dislike, I agree things need to be adjusted and I still don't like them but I do see a long term vision there and hopefully they can make it happen to improve the CW. I see the same thing with the TR but you have to give it time.

My gripe with mod 15 is the lack of communication and even what they did communicate it was after the fact and did not really mention that these changes are for the long term looking ahead into mod 16 or 17, etc...

My thing is even with all of these changes I have a gut feeling down the road the devs may have to do a full revamp to the game, because even with all of these updates the game still has still has to many other issues.

• mongoosemobstermongoosemobster Member Posts: 42 Arc User

That said changing all the core stuff that made our tr's work 5 years later is a great way to make us feel cheated on and find someone more loyal to us. Someone that will listen to us and hear us. Someone that understands who we are and what we want.

This is true. On the other hand, I'm not sure I like the design of over-reliance on Dailies' self-buffs. I mean specifically self-buffs coming from Dailies, not self-buff encounters and the like. I'm not sure if TRs are better/worse at AP gain than other classes, nor are TR (MI) Dailies necessarily stronger/weaker than other classes, in the general sense and not build-specific.

I mean, I feel like the we've been making the TR "work" by gaming the mechanics as a crutch. Which is indeed justified and legitimate when the devs can't balance HAMSTER. But I'd prefer upping the usefulness of core/paragon encounters, etc. so that we can play the concept of a DnD Rogue. Rather than playing a "class" that needs precise mount insignia.

In the end, your conclusion is right. The class - in terms of execution, not in theory - needs to be understood by the dev staff that do QA and balance. The ironic thing is that the notes show they understand the saboteur playstyle quite well... But they don't understand that it's still not competitive level. They're nerfing the MI Exec playstyle - the only competitive one - which means that if they're trying to balance every tree, then the "balanced" sabo tree will simply end up as (non-)competitive as the Mod15 MI Exec.
    gosu#4653 said:

Exactly why nerf our run speed

So that players slot the new Sneak Attack, I suppose. Granted, they did buff Sneak Attack to some degree. But it's doubtful it's effective enough to be worth taking compared to other "certain" feats. (Now, it would be interesting if they did make some feats competitive with the MI feats, but hahahha like they'd ever risk trying that).
  • blader9xblader9x Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    ill pass give me Mod 16 pls ill be dormant till then and see what happen
  • tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    With the way things are going I feel like it would be worthwhile to encourage all TR players to get in contact with as many end-game Support/Tank players as possible and freeze out all other DPS classes where possible until the Devs. listen.

We all know that's exactly what they will do to TR players and unless the Dev. team wants to make that an immediate Ban-worthy action, there's no reason not to treat those kinds of players the same way TRs have been treated for most of 5-6 years.
    blader9x said:

ill pass give me Mod 16 pls ill be dormant till then and see what happen

See, that's the horrible Catch-22. If Mod 15 (obviously) makes TRs not play until Mod 16, then any data and statistics drawn from Mod15 is horribly skewed because of a very low sample size with much being new players who haven't come across mid-endgame.

And I wouldn't be surprised if Cryptic actually used those completely skewed statistics as a basis for Mod 16 changes.

On the other hand, it may work in our favor because the dev balancing tend to be opposite of what people want. And being opposite to the naive ones may be ironically beneficial for the class in general.
  • kalimoucho44kalimoucho44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 28 Arc User
    What about add more constant poisonous or bleeding to our base damages ?
    Tr BlackbombA
    French guild : L'Ordre Du Dragon Noir
  • lilrastalilrasta Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 17 Arc User
    correct me if im wrong , all these changes for the sack of PvP ? you taking our power buffs which eliminate our main dps source and buff other classes? doesnt make sense ... (even if there is 50% of the TR that actually Pvp)

just an idea since you already have the ability to make daze/prone time split between pve and pvp area y cant do the same for our power buff % do same thing ?
  • maturutukimaturutuki Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    For me nice idea to rework TR, according to Courage Breaker changes, will be to make TR and his party additional bonuses from reducing enemies armor and damage, like:
    Missed important information in skill description.
    Change idea.
    Oppressive Darkness: When you have Combat Advantage your At Wills and Encounter powers deal additional x-y Piercing Damage multiplied by (100% + percentage armor reduction debuffs on the target) to the target. Piercing Damage cannot be deflected and ignores armor.

Wicked Reminder:
    Pierce your enemy's armor, cracking it for a period of time, lowering your target's Damage Resistance by X% and increase damage it take by 5% of it's summed up percentage damage reduction debuffs. This effect can stack up to 3 times.

Stealth: Applies 3 stacks.

• icevil#5835 icevil Member Posts: 3 Arc User

@noworries#8859

*Shouting in PE/chult/etc*
    TR: "18k TR LFG any"
    Others: "Hahaha TR? No thanx"
    -
    Others: "Need Anyone for random dungeons"
    TR: "Invite me please"
    Others: "Need anyone ( except tr's) for random dungeons"
    -

Friends: "Yo bro, wanna play dungeons?"
    Me: "Cool, lemme jump on my TR"
    Friends: "Umm No TR please"
    -

Others: "Heroic farming pm for inv."
    TR: "*PM* Invite please"
    Others: "You TR? Sorry full"

Welcome to CW life...
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    I am not even complaining about anything other than stealth / mobility nerfs. I NEVER used powerlooping / Bonding power share companion / or executioner. I am 100% saboteur and I cannot stand this new system.

BUG: Using DODGE roll + BAIT and SWITCH
    If you use dodge + bait and switch
    then bait and switch will go on cooldown without refilling stealth and without summoning the shadow decoy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!

What about add more constant poisonous or bleeding to our base damages ?

That would be too smart for the devs.

@noworries#8859

*Shouting in PE/chult/etc*
    TR: "18k TR LFG any"
    Others: "Hahaha TR? No thanx"
    -
    Others: "Need Anyone for random dungeons"
    TR: "Invite me please"
    Others: "Need anyone ( except tr's) for random dungeons"
    -

Friends: "Yo bro, wanna play dungeons?"
    Me: "Cool, lemme jump on my TR"
    Friends: "Umm No TR please"
    -

Others: "Heroic farming pm for inv."
    TR: "*PM* Invite please"
    Others: "You TR? Sorry full"

Welcome to CW life...
    I think the problem with CWs is that it's a Controller/Striker. Controlling/debuffs are way less important than buffs at the state of the game. As opposed to the Scourge Warlock who is Striker/Leader, and because their "Leader" skills are well done, the SW is very welcome.

Granted, I don't know 4E that well, but I'm familiar with 3/3.5E, and from that point of view Neverwinter Online focuses too much into niche specializations/subclasses of 4E classes. In 3E (and most likely 4E) Paladins did have auras and Clerics have similar spells... But Clerics were versatile.. they pre-buffed as well as provide even single target buffs during the battle and not just auras. Deciding whether to cast shields (both single targeted shields and party targeted shields) against an element, multiple elements, demons, shadowy, etc. etc. Pre-buffing, yes, does exist and is important, but it's too overshadowed by current in-combat mechanics. Or, who knows, why not a "ranged aura" where there's like a donut hole in the middle, where a Paladin provides its normal "close-ranged aura." That's not to say that Auras and the like should be taken away. I would simply add more options

Because being driven into a niche affects not just the individual player but the party composition, and by affecting party composition the aforementioned individual has now affected the gameplay and fun of the other party members who are individual players.

---

Relatively off topic, but NWO right now is in a different situation of "unbalanced" than what is typical. We currently don't have OP classes. We have very few well done classes, and the rest are underpowered. Thus, the idea of a "nerf" to any class in NWO is the method of balancing. Hell, the competitive classes should be prepared for them to have their classes nerfed to the underpowered boringness of the ones who are not up to par. I've posted in the GWF thread mainly praising how their class in mod15 is being treated with understanding of the class playstyle. And that it would be real nice to see every class, not just the TR.

Of course, eventually every class will inevitably be driven into the dirt. For balancing purposes.
  • kythelion#3210 kythelion Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    How long has it been now since a Dev commented ... Clearly when he said communication he only meant us to each other, not us to him AND him back to us.
  • Second post here, it will be totally unrelated. OFTOPIC. imaginary story - please dont laught.

Hopefully we will get to MOD30 in the future. After MOD 16-20 the game will take a new turn in gameplay. It will switch from adventure action game to turnament/contest/competition. Where any new MOD will introduce new class or new PVP map or even maps which test players abilities/game styles.

You will be able to enter PVP game from selection screen window.
    When you qeuque into ranked game. You will get a ROLE. You will also be able to make a role pick like DPS, BUFF, tank.
    Each player will be able to pick any character from their list of characters but according to role. For every player action there will be a small amount of time (20s to pick).
    NEXT 2 players from each group will be able to BAN any paragon path they wish. e.g. Executioner path for TR.
    After 4 BANs player will be able to switch Loadouts and pick the loadout which is his strongest build available after ban.
    AnyPlayer who leave will get 2h ban for random/dungeon queque and have gold/exp cut by 20%.
    The MAP will be randomly picked. The winner will get chest with random rewads or points and go up with ranking ladder. After a a sezon ends, before new MOD lunch with some breaks. Player who are GOLD, Platinium, DIAMON will get rewads. RING +7 graveStriker for Diamond and +5 for gold. Also 100/200/300 ZEN and Banner of honor for your guild, and you will put a name in MOD/seazon stone representing ranking for seazon and make yourself famous or even legend!

Of course the baning paragon path system will make pvp fair in case of OverPowered builds that exist in the game. Of crouse the PVP matches will give a special component for profession system to create PVP gear for your guild champions!

I was bored so i wrote this instead of play the game :open_mouth: .
  • scottyfnc#2957 scottyfnc Member Posts: 15 Arc User

Second post here, it will be totally unrelated. OFTOPIC. imaginary story - please dont laught.

Hopefully we will get to MOD30 in the future. After MOD 16-20 the game will take a new turn in gameplay. It will switch from adventure action game to turnament/contest/competition. Where any new MOD will introduce new class or new PVP map or even maps which test players abilities/game styles.

You will be able to enter PVP game from selection screen window.

When you qeuque into ranked game. You will get a ROLE. You will also be able to make a role pick like DPS, BUFF, tank.

Each player will be able to pick any character from their list of characters but according to role. For every player action there will be a small amount of time (20s to pick).

NEXT 2 players from each group will be able to BAN any paragon path they wish. e.g. Executioner path for TR.

After 4 BANs player will be able to switch Loadouts and pick the loadout which is his strongest build available after ban.

AnyPlayer who leave will get 2h ban for random/dungeon queque and have gold/exp cut by 20%.

The MAP will be randomly picked. The winner will get chest with random rewads or points and go up with ranking ladder. After a a sezon ends, before new MOD lunch with some breaks. Player who are GOLD, Platinium, DIAMON will get rewads. RING +7 graveStriker for Diamond and +5 for gold. Also 100/200/300 ZEN and Banner of honor for your guild, and you will put a name in MOD/seazon stone representing ranking for seazon and make yourself famous or even legend!

Of course the baning paragon path system will make pvp fair in case of OverPowered builds that exist in the game. Of crouse the PVP matches will give a special component for profession system to create PVP gear for your guild champions!

I was bored so i wrote this instead of play the game :open_mouth: .

I was so bored I installed ESO.

3 weeks in - 1 dev comment, preview server content so far unplayable for Rogues. No one can figure out a build that's still decent. Whenever someone figures that out, it will just be meta. Most of the powers aren't good enough to be useful is PVE, so there is not real variety. The only thing anyone ever debated was do we use dazing strike? or do we use Lashing blade lmao. I wish we could debate more than 2 powers. I have been addicted to this game for 9 months. Now I'm tapping out. At least you get to hold on to all my zen, ARC. GL everyone.
  • Requesting a Dev update please.

Also any word of fixing Aura of Courage buggy intereaction with Smoke Bomb so doesn't have to be nerfed?
  • ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User
    > @ironcuttingsword#1719 said:
    > Requesting a Dev update please.
    >
    > Also any word of fixing Aura of Courage buggy intereaction with Smoke Bomb so doesn't have to be nerfed?

It’s in Terramak recent preview notes, some things were reverted and Smokebomb AoC was fixed.
  • Dang Smoke Bomb damage still nerfed and AoC fixed. :(
  • nooneatzanooneatza Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited October 2018

Low Blows: Still shows as being 4/8/12/16/20%
    One with the Shadows: Still shows as being 30%
    Shadowborn: Still shows as being 15/30/45/60/75%

On behalf of all TR's, we thank you for the duelist's flurry bleed revert.

Feat changes feedback:
    Everything fits, you nerfed executioner out of existance, but made scoundrel and saboteur okay-ish(time will tell)

Smoke bomb feedback:

Get smoke bomb damage value back to what it is on live.
    At the moment, due to the two big changes on it:
    Deals ~30% less damage, AoC procs once
    it hits a little harder than a water pistol (even on Scoundrel against a single marked target)

I understand you guys wanting us to use blade flurry, and us TR's do use it ! It's really good for AoE now, the AP gain makes it all that much nicer ! But you gotta understand it's not a good encounter to use for bossfights, takes too much time to cast to be useful ! We need something that could afkDoT while we slash away at bosses.

Powerlooping feedback:

Make WoB cap a bit higher, like 8 or 10 targets hit (tong for example gets pretty messy for not-endgame TR's, they need all the damage they can get since they can't melt stuff with WoB + dazing strike/smoke/bladeflurry)
    Keep WoB cap like this but remove AP gain block from Lurker's assault.
  • kierna1917kierna1917 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    plz leave one source of power buff. or add some dmg buff to one of the encounters. or make dailies additive.
    you want to get rid of power looping? okay, but it is used only by super geared individuals or amongst highly geared parties.
    I think vast majority of TRs cannot even use that. if that is only probelm why change so much only to achieve worse?
    these changes are pretty much pouring water from one glass to another.
  • theothergaliusz#7671 theothergaliusz Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Whirlwind of Blades: Now grants +8% outgoing damage for each target hit (up to 5)
    Whirlwind of Blades: Buff duration reduced to 10 seconds (from 12 seconds)

I have tested with solo Shores of Tuern. WOB does not deal as much damage as before. The weakest enemies ends with 60% health. I think damage was deal after the power was increased from dayily.

Could WOB be reworked further? for example:
    Add ability to hit teammembers, but instead of dealing damage to them. let give them 8% increase in damage and steal 3%/5% of Action Points which will be added to TR. TR also will get 8% damage increase (MAX 4*3=12% AP gain (instatly) or MAX 4*5 20% over 10s) This would not alwayes work as we would hit 3Enemies and 2 allies and gain small AP gain, but it would be very usefull for boss figth with team which got enought Debuff. For weaker party Courage Breaker would be option in boss fight.

Edit: also i belive that when executing daily we lose 1-2s for animation so the duration is 8s buff. I would be happy if it could be back to 12s(meaning 10s for action 2s animation)

Please take this idea into account.
    Post edited by theothergaliusz#7671 on
  • lunartic666lunartic666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 53 Arc User
    confirmed info:
    200k gloaming cuts in pvp on tank class, but you pve players just keep asking for more.
    So it's again situation when pve 'balance' will ruin gameplay for pvp guys.
    What you gonna do about it?
  • intelll#2049 intelll Member Posts: 10 Arc User

confirmed info:
    200k gloaming cuts in pvp on tank class, but you pve players just keep asking for more.
    So it's again situation when pve 'balance' will ruin gameplay for pvp guys.
    What you gonna do about it?

separate coding for pve and pvp so when pvp nerfs happen it doesnt change pve stuff and when pve is nerfed it doesnt change pvp.
  • lunartic666lunartic666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 53 Arc User

separate coding for pve and pvp so when pvp nerfs happen it doesnt change pve stuff and when pve is nerfed it doesnt change pvp.

Sure, this could be solution, but i would like to see it before new module goes live server.
    And the question was addressed to developers team, not players.
    What you as a player can do is not to ask about overbuffing the class you play, if you have problems managing your class or setting up the correct build then keep this for yourself, don't let this be problem for all around.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    The changes were never made due to PVP issues, they were focussed on the powerlooper in PVE that did huge ammounts of dps by lifting their power, very few did this to pretty high ammounts, wich caught the attention of devs obviously.

PVP from what I heared does not change at all -> Only the tools might changed a bit.