test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Eye Stalk Wraps with Hag Rags

For those on PC, have you been able to verify if the Hag Rags and Eye Stalk wraps stack now? I am hoping the devs did this when they allowed the Heels of Fury to stack with the Fured Kiuno and just missed communicating it in their notes.

Comments

• meer#7108 meer Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    They didn't. They still don't stack, devs are aware of it.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Well the fix for the Heel and Kuino should of been held off until the devs could have release the fix for the Eyestalk Wraps and the Hag Rags. That would have been a fair move but I guess the range classes get the short end of the stick and have to wait it out and by that time, newer gear will more than likely surpass this gear in usefulness.
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User

Well the fix for the Heel and Kuino should of been held off until the devs could have release the fix for the Eyestalk Wraps and the Hag Rags. That would have been a fair move but I guess the range classes get the short end of the stick and have to wait it out and by that time, newer gear will more than likely surpass this gear in usefulness.

I wholeheartedly disagree with this kind of self-serving philosophy.

Fixes to broken items should be rolled out as soon as they are ready. Sure there should be more attention paid to fixing similar "categories of bugs" but if one is missed that is not a reason to prolong any other bugs.
    dupeks said:

I wholeheartedly disagree with this kind of self-serving philosophy.

Fixes to broken items should be rolled out as soon as they are ready. Sure there should be more attention paid to fixing similar "categories of bugs" but if one is missed that is not a reason to prolong any other bugs.
    If you play a melee class and have an open mind you would be willing to have them hold off on the fix to make it a bit fair for the range DPS. I play all classes and even with the ability to use the Eye Stalk Wraps with the Hag Rags I know that the range classes are still at a disadvantage because the melee classes can use the Jaw Ripper, Terror Grips or the Fearbringers along with the heels and the Kuino.

Any any GWF, GF or TR should be going for the Fearbringers as it will boost at will and encounter damage. I even use them on my HR due to the lack luster damage of dailies on a HR.

If you play a melee class and have an open mind you would be willing to have them hold off on the fix to make it a bit fair for the range DPS. I play all classes and even with the ability to use the Eye Stalk Wraps with the Hag Rags I know that the range classes are still at a disadvantage because the melee classes can use the Jaw Ripper, Terror Grips or the Fearbringers along with the heels and the Kuino.

Any any GWF, GF or TR should be going for the Fearbringers as it will boost at will and encounter damage. I even use them on my HR due to the lack luster damage of dailies on a HR.

Again, I don't agree. I see it like this:

If you play any class and have an open mind, you would be willing to have devs deploy fixes to bugs so that we can always be moving towards a bug-free environment. Only by following that principle can we have fair and reasonable discourse about class performance. Persisting bugs in the past has led to disastrous consequences (both in terms of meta as well as community outrage at fixes to longstanding bugs). Persisting bugs in the name of fairness / class balance will take us down that road again.

This bug does not have as big an impact as many bugs in the past, but the principle should be followed.

PS: I don't play all classes, but I have both melee and ranged dps completing end-game content.
    PSS: I think dps GF should still be going for survivor's wraps rather than fearbringers, maybe I'm wrong.
    dupeks said:

Again, I don't agree. I see it like this:

If you play any class and have an open mind, you would be willing to have devs deploy fixes to bugs so that we can always be moving towards a bug-free environment. Only by following that principle can we have fair and reasonable discourse about class performance. Persisting bugs in the past has led to disastrous consequences (both in terms of meta as well as community outrage at fixes to longstanding bugs). Persisting bugs in the name of fairness / class balance will take us down that road again.

This bug does not have as big an impact as many bugs in the past, but the principle should be followed.

PS: I don't play all classes, but I have both melee and ranged dps completing end-game content.
    PSS: I think dps GF should still be going for survivor's wraps rather than fearbringers, maybe I'm wrong.
    OMG you are to funny. This was not a true bug fix, it was done to satisfy the melee players whining about not being able to have these stacks.

If the devs said it is a bug, it is one that did not need their attention immediately. Instead their efforts should be on fixing class and content bugs that are impacting the overall balance of the game. Not having these stacks is not even that critical to the game but by fixing these it causes an imbalance between melee and range classes. And at this point in the game, we don't need these type of fixes that are benefiting one group and hurting another without giving something to both groups. This just shows favoritism by the devs from a player prospective because one was changed and the other is in the work without an ETA on a fix, that is not a good sign.

• ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    I've seen way more posts about the melee gear being bugged than I saw posts on the ranged gear. So yes, the devs fixed what was reported more often because it was in their faces more often. If ranged players don't speak up as often as melee than they don't get heard.

To perpetuate a conspiracy theory that devs went out of there way to ignore the ranged gear and only fix the melee gear is nothing more than hypothetical drivel.

Most of my toons that have cracked 13k+ are ranged classes and the fact that the melee gear got fixed first doesn't make a difference at all. I still play every class and I could honestly care less which one performs better because I don't need to measure myself against others.

OMG you are to funny. This was not a true bug fix, it was done to satisfy the melee players whining about not being able to have these stacks.

If someone's uniformed opinion brings you laughter or joy, I recommend the LOL reaction. Here's to spreading positivity :blush:
    dupeks said:

If someone's uniformed opinion brings you laughter or joy, I recommend the LOL reaction. Here's to spreading positivity :blush:

I normally do use the LOL but I needed a change of pace.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Honestly if the same buff on two different gearsets doesn´t stack , there is no need to talk about a bug at all.
    Anyway, it was the something like:
    "the most unimportant thing to attract that much attention and discussions about a non-issue since long in this game". :)
    Post edited by schietindebux on
    Thanks for fixing these devs. Any ETA when these will land on console?
  • earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    General

Heels of Fury / Fured Kiuno's buff now properly has an icon.
    The buff on Hag's Rags now stacks with Eyestalk Wrappers.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11007393

<3 entertaining thread people.
    I like how they managed the melee stacks of kino fur armour and heels of fury in the buff bar , why would they not give a similar idea for other items that give the 3% dmg increase for encounters or ranged or at-wills the same sort of treatment?

it would appear they are endeavouring to bring a lot of fixes together next month.. which of course will give rise to a whole new host of bugs to be fixed or then there is always those old ones like the chat channels that die every time you leave a dungeon or fireballs that spawn right on the exit portal in spellplauge after the Kabal fight .. you know little meaningless QOL things that never get looked at.
    B)

Guild Leader Den of the Misfits