test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Picking up the quest to start masterwork 4

jas#1732 jas Member Posts: 10 Arc User
I have completed all of my professions and bought all the masterwork recipe 3 books from the artisan. I want to start lvl 4 but I can not pick up the quest. None of the NPC's involved have the quest. I can't get it from the artisan, master of coin and the master of the market in port Nyanzaru have nothing for me. I'm in a guild hall 13 and everything is done to be able to to start lvl 4 but am unable to. Is this a known bug? If so is a fix in the works. My toon is maxed and professions is all I have left. This is extremely frustrating.
Tagged:

Comments

• zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    jas#1732 said:

I have completed all of my professions and bought all the masterwork recipe 3 books from the artisan. I want to start lvl 4 but I can not pick up the quest. None of the NPC's involved have the quest. I can't get it from the artisan, master of coin and the master of the market in port Nyanzaru have nothing for me. I'm in a guild hall 13 and everything is done to be able to to start lvl 4 but am unable to. Is this a known bug? If so is a fix in the works. My toon is maxed and professions is all I have left. This is extremely frustrating.

You're close. Guildhall 14 is required.
  • jas#1732 jas Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    It states GH12 when you pick up the books. Why can't something be more clear to this. This is entirely too frustrating .
    jas#1732 said:

It states GH12 when you pick up the books. Why can't something be more clear to this. This is entirely too frustrating .

It originally said GH 14 when it was introduced and that's what I replied with. See here

https://arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10778574-dev-blog%3A-masterwork-professions-in-lost-city-of-omu

It is possible it was reduced to 12 in a patch and I would not have paid much attention since it would not have affected me. If you have a source that you can show that says GH12, then that is the issue you need to focus on in your communication with CS. Include a link or screenshot. Are you sure the mention of GH 12 was not for MW3(although they also required 14 when introduced) and not MW4?
  • jas#1732 jas Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    When you buy the mw3 recipes from the Artisan it clearly says guild hall 12 required and can only be purchased once. After doing so, you should be able to pick up the quest to start mw4 but it is not there.
    jas#1732 said:

When you buy the mw3 recipes from the Artisan it clearly says guild hall 12 required and can only be purchased once. After doing so, you should be able to pick up the quest to start mw4 but it is not there.

Ok, so it says you need GH12 for MW3. That's good, it has been lowered from the original and you were able to do it. That's what I asked in my reply "Are you sure the mention of GH 12 was not for MW3(although they also required 14 when introduced) and not MW4? " It appears I was correct, you thought the MW3 requirements would also apply to MW4.

What you posted does not say what you need for MW4. MW4 is still too new to lower the requirements listed in the blog I linked for you. The blog is the standard for proceeding to MW4 until or if it is changed by a patch.