test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

SW mod 15, any changes?

jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User
@balanced#2849 any changes for the class? You stated you'd address class specific issues after mod 14 and since then whe haven't heard anything from you about SW.

If there are any tweaks, it would be good if you let us know what they're about, or at least a few of them.

Comments

• ibz4ez#9773 ibz4ez Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    These changes will probably become a feedback thread in the Neverwinter Preview forums once MOD15 is ready for beta testing.
  • jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User
    > @ibz4ez#9773 said:
    > These changes will probably become a feedback thread in the Neverwinter Preview forums once MOD15 is ready for beta testing.

Hopefully, we'll see.
  • ibz4ez#9773 ibz4ez Member Posts: 117 Arc User

> @ibz4ez#9773 said:

> These changes will probably become a feedback thread in the Neverwinter Preview forums once MOD15 is ready for beta testing.

Hopefully, we'll see.

Actually the professions system rework has a Q&A thread over on preview now, so perhaps the SW changes will get one soon also.
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited September 2018

Stop tryna change SW every mod T.T
    Unless its the damnation talent tree... Other than that... STHAP!!!

I'm going to guess either that you don't play SW or that you are happy with the Bug of Hadar and don't want to upset the apple cart.

Edit: I can see that the poster plays SW. Still mystified as to why they're opposed to further improvements, though.
    Post edited by vorphied on
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    vorphied said:

Unless its the damnation talent tree... Other than that... STHAP!!!

I'm going to guess either that you don't play SW or that you are happy with the Bug of Hadar and don't want to upset the apple cart.

Ain't it funny that a bug can make a class work better than what devs can do kek
    > @scorpioneitaa said:
    > Stop tryna change SW every mod T.T
    > Unless its the damnation talent tree... Other than that... STHAP!!!
    >
    >
    > I'm going to guess either that you don't play SW or that you are happy with the Bug of Hadar and don't want to upset the apple cart.
    >
    > Edit: I can see that the poster plays SW. Still mystified as to why they're opposed to further improvements, though.
    >
    > So what that it's bugged? Plenty of sw stuff is bugged positive for its users. I don't understand why you would want them fixed. If you don't like abusing it, you can always refuse to use the skill.
    >
    > Pushing for more changes right after 2 ''reworks'' can cause the current devs to completely change the class since they aren't able to fix the bugs. Or perhaps even bug it more/reduce its effeciency and make undesirable in parties.
    >
    > Personally, I don't use hadar, I have no need for it.

If we discourage the devs from making changes because we’re afraid of the possibility of more things getting broken, we might as well stop having patches entirely.

Just because the DPS bug makes SW perform like a decent DPS situationally, that doesn’t mean that a real fix for consistently better performance isn’t a good idea.

And no, the bug is not required to get the job done, but the disparity between SW and the physical DPS classes is obvious.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• daaaqe#8284 daaaqe Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2018

Stop tryna change ? Lol, we are the weakest dps atm in the game.
    Even with the bughadar we still behind others strikers
    edited September 2018

Speak for yourself. Not for the class. Not even remotely true that we are the weakest dpsers.
    On average SW players are bad. Also 99% of people claiming SW dps sucks are playing/have seen ppl play, HB with a feytouch.
    I speak for the class (I'm one of those fews top tier sw on PS4, I know what i'm talking about :) ). AoE potentitial is inexistant , remove bughadar and we are even behind cw (:
    Go face r.e.a.l top tier GWF/TR/HR you will see how weak we are.
  • werdandi#8366 werdandi Member Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited September 2018

I speak for the class (I'm one of those fews top tier sw on PS4, I know what i'm talking about :) ). AoE potentitial is inexistant , remove bughadar and we are even behind cw (:

Face top tier gwf/tr/hr? How does that even work when we play 1dps per dungeon. We can compare times with them... but my supports are better than theirs or viceversa. Not to mention all the possible lag/delays/fail rotation by mistake possibilities.
    There's also the thing of most people not knowning how to skip certain areas of dungeons. I've done the 2nd boss of CR without him spinning at all. I've to see other classes do the same without thet 200% potion.
    How can you compare SW damage with the other classes's damage if you only run as the single dps of the dungeon?? it is contradictory and it gives you the fake feeling that your a "top tier dps" (even if you do the job in a nice time).

Also your comment on 2nd boss of CR does not make sense: with THREE dps, we can can as well finish him before any spinning (I talk from experience, and it is also depending a lot on the tank)...

It makes me laugh when people judge other SWs potential without having played with them.

edited September 2018
    I always laugh when people say I have an "amazing dps" (it happens quite often) : it just means they don't run with good players of real top tier classes (or that they run with SWs not focused on damage).

But for sure, average players don't expect anymore the SWs to DPS since SWs are now more often hired as templocks.
    edited September 2018

Wait... you think the only way to compare DPS is to have a 3person dps party? LOL I'm not even going to bother explaning how innacurate that gets, simply because in your deluded little mind SW dps sucks. Fair enough it sucks have it your way. Tell that to the SWs that are clearing CR in 20-30mins that aren't spamming scrolls.

Where idid you see that I was telling to compare DPS in a 3-dps party ? I just said that you can live in your illusions if you always run as single DPS.
    If you never run support (either on SW on another class), you will never know the other top tier capacities.

I spoke of the 3 -dps party, only to illustrate the fact that it was possible to beat the second boss in this configuration without any spinning

"Tell that to the SWs that are clearing CR in 20-30mins that aren't spamming scrolls"--> what do you mean ?

Since you speak like that it's obvious you're not as top tier as you may think.
    AoE potential? It's clear to me that you use PoP killing flames and hadargrasp only. There are other tools and paths.
    The only place you need AoE is msp.

What do I need aoe in a place like CR? The most adds heavy place without the sword is the ball room before 2nd boss. If you think GWF/HR/TR do higher dps than you because they have more AoE you need to re-evalutate your train of thoughts and remove the opinions out of your head.
    Just because SW is harder for the average player it doesn't mean its bad in anyway or the worse for that matter.

Face top tier gwf/tr/hr? How does that even work when we play 1dps per dungeon. We can compare times with them... but my supports are better than theirs or viceversa. Not to mention all the possible lag/delays/fail rotation by mistake possibilities.
    There's also the thing of most people not knowning how to skip certain areas of dungeons. I've done the 2nd boss of CR without him spinning at all. I've to see other classes do the same without thet 200% potion.

If you mean we do less dps at the wooden puppets in pe over a period of 10s.. maybe.. maybe in that case you might be right.
    You seems to be a god Sw ! You can you show us your runs ? So we will see your super ego very hdps sw.
    Stop talk like this about me when you don't know HAMSTER about me or played with me.
    Stop think you are superior to everyone with your oversized ego btw.
    edited September 2018

How can you compare SW damage with the other classes's damage if you only run as the single dps of the dungeon?? it is contradictory and it gives you the fake feeling that your a "top tier dps" (even if you do the job in a nice time).

Also your comment on 2nd boss of CR does not make sense: with THREE dps, we can can as well finish him before any spinning (I talk from experience, and it is also depending a lot on the tank)...

It makes me laugh when people judge other SWs potential without having played with them.

Its enough to hear what the average people spam in channels and zone chat about your average SW. There aren't many and the majority suck. You can say its down to opinion, but you can tell the difference when a good sw enters the room. Just like when a good dc enters the room and so on.
    For Christ sake most can't even use PoP correctly...

Wait... you think the only way to compare DPS is to have a 3person dps party? LOL I'm not even going to bother explaning how innacurate that gets, simply because in your deluded little mind SW dps sucks. Fair enough it sucks have it your way. Tell that to the SWs that are clearing CR in 20-30mins that aren't spamming scrolls.

20 - 30 min ? Im clearing cr in those times as main dps nothing hard
    Still saying sw are broken and the weakest dps in the game.
    But I think i'm in those 99% deadbrain sw's like you said sorry dunno how to use pop, i can't give my opinion :/

It's not that I think I'm better than every single SW. I'm tired of below average players talking that SW is the weakest dps out there, when its clear they just don't know how to play it.
    Every class in this game is able to dps at an acceptable level.

The point that you appear to be arguing against is not the one being made.

"SW is one of the weakest DPS" does not = "SW is unusable". It's mathematically true that SW underperforms against the majority of DPS classes in the game. Just because you can prop up any class (including a base support class like DC or OP) with enough buffs and make them into HDPS to complete an expert-tier dungeon doesn't mean that SW isn't at a disadvantage compared to its peer DPS.

A DPS in this game doesn't have to be useless to be the weakest in comparison to its competition. The issue is that players expect to be on relatively even footing with other classes of their role and are disappointed when they have a built-in handicap. Also, there are bad players of ALL classes and roles; you can't blame poor perception of a class solely on player underperformance.

Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

> @scorpioneitaa said:
    > "SW is one of the weakest DPS" does not = "SW is unusable". It's mathematically true that SW underperforms against the majority of DPS classes in the game.
    >
    >
    > Show me those 'mathematical' numbers.

Open up the feats and powers information for, say, TR or GWF. Note where they gain multiplicative damage increases.

Compare relative lack of quantity and quality of similar increases in SW. Also note overabundance of enemy damage taken debuffs, which are not nearly as good.

Also try playing with a competent DPS that is neither SW nor CW if the disparity in multiplicative buffs doesn’t make the case for you. All players think they are at the top of the game when they are the top of their own circle of friends, and forget public queues, where it seems that players are actually less likely to be good the higher their ilvl.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

edited September 2018

Stop talk like this about me when you don't know HAMSTER about me or played with me.

Thank God for that.
    It's not that I think I'm better than every single SW. I'm tired of below average players talking that SW is the weakest dps out there, when its clear they just don't know how to play it.
    Every class in this game is able to dps at an acceptable level. If you aren't able to get those results or find other ''top tier players of other classes'' beating you there's 2 things going on, 1 the other player is waaaaay better than you. 2 You're not as good as you may think, regardless of what your deluded mind tells you. Get a reality check.
    1 Sw is broken and underpowered
    2 Sw is broken and underpowered

Again can you show us how you dps against real top tier GWF/TR/HR in FBI/MSP/CODG pls (not T9G or CR with constant bugged brood spamming and think you are hdps ;) )? This is very interesting honestly
    A shame you're not on PS4 ,so I would have show you a reality check if I'm not that good as I think :)
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    For SW complaining have you even seen how hard a CW hits. Even if SW get fixed you will still hit harder and pushout more damage than a CW. CW don't use anything but wet noodles when trying to do damage. I mean how much damage can I do with a wet noodle to you all, nothing really.

A 3 CW T9 run with two of us both over 17.5 and it was not a pretty run. Half way through and I decided to go full on buff just to make it easier for us. I than jump on my DC get a HR, TR and GWF and we blow right through T9 in no time.

I than take 3 SW and again no problem. Yeah the SW is bugged ATM but all 3 did not use the bug and it was not a bad run. Still faster than my 3 CW run.

As for SW vs melee classes it just got harder with the fix to the Fured Kuno and Fury Heels. Add to it that the 3 melee class can also use the Fearbringer for more damage from At Wills and Encounter powers as all three classes don't really need to use their daily for max damage. Yeah devs make the stronger 3 classes even stronger while the range classes are nothing more than buffers for those melee classes.

SW should enjoy their bug time because in its current state the SW is very close to TR, HR and GWF in damage. Once that is fixed, than you can join the CW but still be better than a CW as the Templock is very close to a DO for buffing making a CW the worst class in the game.

I am all for fixing bugs and getting all damage dealing classes to have like performance in damage.

I'm hoping the next mod we get boots that boost the damage of dailies and range abilities. This way CW and SW can use them instead of the enduring boots for the 3% damage buff.

I do agree though that the SW does need to be fixed. Once fixed tweak it so it is closer in damage to the GWF, HR and TR. If the devs does this for the SW they will also have to do it as well for the CW.
  • mehrunesdagon#1653 mehrunesdagon Member Posts: 12 Arc User

Speak for yourself. Not for the class. Not even remotely true that we are the weakest dpsers.
    On average SW players are bad. Also 99% of people claiming SW dps sucks are playing/have seen ppl play, HB with a feytouch.

vorphied said:

"SW is one of the weakest DPS" does not = "SW is unusable". It's mathematically true that SW underperforms against the majority of DPS classes in the game.

Show me those 'mathematical' numbers.
    Have you played a GWF and looked at the destroyer tree for 3 seconds?
    > @mehrunesdagon#1653 said:
    > Stop tryna change SW every mod T.T
    >
    >
    > Stop tryna change ? Lol, we are the weakest dps atm in the game.
    > Even with the bughadar we still behind others strikers
    >
    > Speak for yourself. Not for the class. Not even remotely true that we are the weakest dpsers.
    > On average SW players are bad. Also 99% of people claiming SW dps sucks are playing/have seen ppl play, HB with a feytouch.
    >
    >
    >
    > "SW is one of the weakest DPS" does not = "SW is unusable". It's mathematically true that SW underperforms against the majority of DPS classes in the game.
    >
    >
    > Show me those 'mathematical' numbers.
    >
    > Have you played a GWF and looked at the destroyer tree for 3 seconds?

No, he apparently hasn’t, because he thinks we are living in theorycraft land and have no personal experience to back up our claims, so why would he be concerned with something as pedestrian as all that?
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• mehrunesdagon#1653 mehrunesdagon Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    @vorphied I saw this joker @scorpioneitaa trolling in P.E. the other day..So I assume thats whats going on here, unless of course, he could be new to the class. His item level was ok, so Im guessing he either payed for his toon or are just that braindead.
  • mirajanesitrimirajanesitri Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    you do notice the bug starts to be effective at around 22sec more or less..really now look at act logs and from all at a specific boss and sort it according to time(start-end) then scroll down til you see the flashly effectiveness and look at time....so really the time you get to use the bug in a speed run is near the death of the boss...if its very long runs the bug is usefull..just thought id clear up this little bug people throw around lightly without bothering to put more effort into researching it